devolution

Author Topic: New ST concept  (Read 4984 times)

Offline DarkTl

New ST concept
« on: May 23, 2015, 02:31:21 PM »
  • Only fully trained slaves can be used outside of training quarters. Untrained slaves are either locked or are illegal and persecuted by law.
  • "Trained slave" means that the slave accepts her fate as a slave and obeys her master. It does not mean that she will do anything at all, especially if it's outside of her profession. Example: trained non whore will not have sex with MC if disposition is way too low.
  • Traits and level of slave determine how difficult training will be. ST skill, some traits and level of the trainer "fight" against them during training process. Every trait has training difficulty field, and high level characters are more resistant to ST as well.
  • Training comes to the use of different actions, mostly bdsm-based, until the slave will be unable to refuse to be a slave. There are "good" options as well, like promise to pay some gold or give minor liberties, that might help in some cases. But in general you need to force them.
  • Training actions have many outcomes depending on stuff like stats, flags and traits. Example: most actions won't be very effective with 0 vitality, since the girl is too tired to do or even feel almost anything.
  • From the viewpoint of logic training process is a combination of traits and flags. Training actions can give or remove flags and traits, and change current and max stats. Flags control how the girl gets or loses traits. Example: trait A requires from 5 to 10 flags B; as long as a character has 5-10 flags B, she has trait A as well. Trait C requires more than 6 flags D. As long as she has more than 6 flags D, she has trait C as well.
  • The goal of training is to train slave before training will damage her too much to be useful. Most characters do not want to be slaves, so training might be harsh, especially for a novice trainer.
  • Consequences of training: training can change stats (max too) and remove traits. But more importantly, it can give traits that cannot be obtained in any other way. Harsh and long training can give many negative traits, while good trainers can give slaves some positive ones. There are no special ST flags outside of ST system, so all traits that a slave gets as a result of training are permanent.
  • Not every trait can exist outside of ST. Some of them disappear once training is finished, others remain. There are items that can remove remaining ones, but only ST can give them.
  • Slaves could try to run away depending on traits and joy level. With big enough difference in intelligence and agility they can do it
    unnoticed by the guards. If they were noticed, their battle stats compared by an algorithm with a bit of randomness (without running BE every time). There are items that reduce stats to help avoiding runaways.
  • Slave can try the easy way out and kill herself. Keeping joy at 0 for a long time is a bad idea. Good guards and some items prevent it as well (drugs in the future too).
  • Too harsh and long training, while preventing runaways, will lead to either death (if you managed to get 0 hp or in case of suicide) or to madness. Both cases mean that the slave worth nothing and cannot be used anywhere. Madness means that we remove all non body and non race traits and greatly descrease all skills and intelligence. Mad slaves considered as untrained ones, and cannot become trained, though you could keep doing bdsm stuff to them. A girl can be cured from madness by a special item, it will give her a new, random personality trait and reset dispostion to 0, but will not return anything else. This is the only way to change personality trait, and the price is very high. You basically kill the old personality in the character and rise a new one.

Offline DarkTl

Re: New ST concept
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2015, 07:00:21 AM »
To clarify what should be coded:
- Obviously, a system that handles untrained slaves, keeping them locked and guarded (not even necessary dungeon if they behave well).
They should all be at one place, not like now when you have to look for them everywhere.

- Living conditions. Meaning where they live, are they dressed or not, do they have food or not, tied all the time or not. These things should change some values and stats every turn.

- Training with the help of of trainers (during next turn phase) and by MC himself (for AP).
In case of trainers you probably should have an option to set how harsh they will be.

- I suppose I shouldn't use too much menus, so there should be changeable button, like GMs have.
-

Mad slaves considered as untrained ones, and cannot become trained, though you could keep doing bdsm stuff to them. A girl can be cured from madness by a special item, it will give her a new, random personality trait and reset dispostion to 0, but will not return anything else. This is the only way to change personality trait, and the price is very high. You basically kill the old personality in the character and rise a new one.

I think it's a decent option to change main trait (MPT) via destroying personality. That means to allow inside ST a temporary intermediate state without MPT.

- Suicide. I could code conditions for it, but not sure how to kill a character  :)

- Untrained slaves-only items. While untrained slaves could use any items except armor and weapons, there are also items (like handcuffs) only for them.

- A system that automatically checks for flags would be very nice. I mean, let's say trait A requires 5 flags B. I can check it myself every time I do something with flag B. But if there will be a function where you can set traits and flags for them, and that function will monitor flags by itself, that would be awesome.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2015, 07:34:52 AM »
- Suicide. I could code conditions for it, but not sure how to kill a character  :)

You just force health below 0. If the screens are coded appropriately, girl will be removed. You will also have to end interaction manually if you're in the menu.

Next Day computations also do the same thing with counters and Joy checks.

Edit:
I've contacted Thewlis, if he has time/motivation, he'll take a look at this. Most of this is prolly coded in already, we just do not know how to use it properly. You'll prolly have to elaborate on a few points... we'll see.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 07:39:20 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2015, 09:19:08 AM »
He uses those training methods with only two hardcoded outcomes, success and failture. That's too simple, training outcomes should only be limited by my imagination and existing stats and traits  :)

Anyway, even if you code ST, I still will need a lot of time to create such amount of content. We always can do it after the next release, meanwhile focusing on existig modules.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 09:22:44 AM by DarkTl »