Game Discussion > General Discussion & Download

Whore Master Editor 0.7.1

<< < (2/23) > >>

zodiac44:
Sorting by skills and stats is not really important.  Sorting by normal/slave/catacombs status would be useful, but if it would be a PITA to code, then forget about it.

Solo761:
Alphabetical sort is easy, I just tried it and it's easy to implement.

Other types would require more work. Adding just one more way (like normal/slave/catacombs you mention) can be made easy (I just got an idea) to do via the same method as alphabetical. Although it wouldn't be very nice solution from "good code" stand of view :). My biggest problem is how to allow users to select what sorting method to use.

Solo761:
Updated with version 0.53, this one sorts lists automatically when you load an existing file, if you resave it output will also be alphabetically sorted.

Other potential sortings won't be so so quickly done, I'll need to rework code to do it. Although I still think it won't be that useful :P. Only one case where it will be is sorting items by category, consumable, clothing, weapon...

zodiac44:
As an alternative to sorting by girl or item type, what if you just filtered them into different lists?  All slave girls go in one list box, all normals go in another.  Consumable items in one, weapons in another.  Maybe use a drop box that allows you to select all entries, or those in a single category.

Solo761:
Well, doing that would require same thing as "normal" sorting as I would still need to get into data for each entry to read required value the same way as normal sort would do. Sorting now works on source data, data is read into table, that table is sorted per some key (at the moment name) and then list is updated with this sorted table. Doing different lists would require complete re haul of this as this concept wouldn't work, plus it would be pretty much harder to keep list and table data in sync. Now it's rather easy, simply after sorting that table list gets rebuild so i.e. entry 5 on the list corresponds to entry 5 in the table. If list doesn't have the same number of entries as table this doesn't work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version