Author Topic: -Xela's WM Mod Thread + Torrents-  (Read 126092 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: Xela's Girls and Image Packs + Practical "How to add girls" tutorial.
« Reply #60 on: July 25, 2011, 08:56:24 PM »
I'm sure I've been guilty of this, and at times just making sure to group and confirm they're all .jpgs; then let the person using it decide what they want to use.

Winx Club and Avatar: The Last Airbender from "Active Girls List" are the BEST examples of what I was talking about.

I haven't had a lot of free time to even check the site for a while, never mind play the game or work on girls. I appreciate all the packs and several pics I haven't seen before from some of my favoured girls. I like the seperate Hinatas, I had considered doing that for Sakura as well; but lack of time + laziness won out. By the looks of your packs I may end up using my folders for a few pics I want to keep while dropping yours in the game (if I end up keeping any of mine.)

Well, in a couple of weeks maybe you'll release new packs and I wont, times/lazy change :) Sakura is a little bit harder since she only had a minor change in the hairstyle after the timeskip so you have to rely on clothing very often. I have been entertaining the idea of splitting her as well, I already have a collection of over 700 decent pics for her so we'll live and see but Hinata was a priority because her appearance differs greatly before and after timeskip and it always bugged me when going through her pics.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Mak

• Donator
  • PETA=People Eating Tasty Animals
« Reply #61 on: July 25, 2011, 09:35:25 PM »
Heh, I haven't used either of those packs, not yet anyway. I don't know either series really so I may not have noticed.

I had previously tried to add to the Air Gear pack, but I couldn't find enough pics to make them working girls. Since you're doing the odd request maybe you'll have better luck if you want to give it a shot. I had wanted Rika Noyamano, Mikan Noyamano, Kururu Sumeragi, and Benkai.
There's a place for all the planet's creatures, it's next to the mashed potatoes.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #62 on: July 25, 2011, 09:39:25 PM »
Heh, I haven't used either of those packs, not yet anyway. I don't know either series really so I may not have noticed.

I had previously tried to add to the Air Gear pack, but I couldn't find enough pics to make them working girls. Since you're doing the odd request maybe you'll have better luck if you want to give it a shot. I had wanted Rika Noyamano, Mikan Noyamano, Kururu Sumeragi, and Benkai.

Oki, I'll take a look at that tomorrow, if there are pics, I'll find them :)

G'night
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #63 on: July 26, 2011, 11:26:30 AM »
I don't know either series really so I may not have noticed.

You will not notice unless you've seen at least a couple of episodes or seen enough fanart.

I looked for images of Rika under every rock but it is worse than looking for Fairy Tail pics... This is about the best we can do, not a quality pack at all :( About the same counts for rest of the girls. I am not sure if it's worth releasing until more pictures become available.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 11:29:35 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline shadownall

« Reply #64 on: July 26, 2011, 12:10:44 PM »
Could you please do me a favor and post a link to whatever sites you use to get pics?  I pretty much use rule 34 and would like to see if the other ones are better.  Again, thanks.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #65 on: July 26, 2011, 01:13:16 PM »
Could you please do me a favor and post a link to whatever sites you use to get pics?  I pretty much use rule 34 and would like to see if the other ones are better.  Again, thanks.

I was planning to write a guide to how to make girl packs (including pichunting). I'll do that tonight instead of releasing a pack but there is already a pretty decent guide in the stickies.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Mak

• Donator
« Reply #66 on: July 26, 2011, 06:39:34 PM »
I looked for images of Rika under every rock but it is worse than looking for Fairy Tail pics... This is about the best we can do, not a quality pack at all :( About the same counts for rest of the girls. I am not sure if it's worth releasing until more pictures become available.

Looks like you got about as far as I did, I wouldn't bother posting it. The only pic I hadn't seen before was a coloured one from a more recent chapter. I was a little surprised at the lack of fan art for the series. I think the author has released more ecchi than the fans lol. Thanks for taking a look though, I appreciate it.
There's a place for all the planet's creatures, it's next to the mashed potatoes.

Offline Mak

• Donator
« Reply #67 on: July 26, 2011, 06:49:26 PM »
I was planning to write a guide to how to make girl packs (including pichunting). I'll do that tonight instead of releasing a pack but there is already a pretty decent guide in the stickies.

I would just add a reply to the stickies of anything you think should be added. Even besides the sticky there has been several posts about it with Q&A from people not taking the time to look around and read a bit before posting. You've been here longer than me so I doubt you need examples. Helping people having trouble or not understanding what's there, I would do the same. Holding the hand of someone because they don't want to put in any effort...finishing that sentence might get your thread spammed but I think you understand.

Edit: Sorry for the double post.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #68 on: July 26, 2011, 06:54:47 PM »
Looks like you got about as far as I did, I wouldn't bother posting it. The only pic I hadn't seen before was a coloured one from a more recent chapter. I was a little surprised at the lack of fan art for the series. I think the author has released more ecchi than the fans lol. Thanks for taking a look though, I appreciate it.

No problem. I was surprised as well, I think ecchi might be the problem. Fairy Tail has a lot more "nudity" than Naruto or Bleach as well and there are not that many fanart for that show either. Maybe in a few month, new pics are surfacing every now and then...

Do you have Simca and Ringo updated? There are five or six very decent new pics for those two.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #69 on: July 26, 2011, 06:58:19 PM »
I would just add a reply to the stickies of anything you think should be added. Even besides the sticky there has been several posts about it with Q&A from people not taking the time to look around and read a bit before posting. You've been here longer than me so I doubt you need examples. Helping people having trouble or not understanding what's there, I would do the same. Holding the hand of someone because they don't want to put in any effort...finishing that sentence might get your thread spammed but I think you understand.

Edit: Sorry for the double post.

There are decent guides in the "Stickies" already. I wanted to write one with personal touch, ideas and tricks, not mentioning that I posted the guide before you posted this reply :D
Like what we're doing?

Offline Mak

• Donator
« Reply #70 on: July 26, 2011, 07:20:58 PM »
No problem. I was surprised as well, I think ecchi might be the problem. Fairy Tail has a lot more "nudity" than Naruto or Bleach as well and there are not that many fanart for that show either. Maybe in a few month, new pics are surfacing every now and then...

I hadn't thought about that before, makes a lot of sense that the amount of fan art does seem proportional to the series' amount of "fan service."

Do you have Simca and Ringo updated? There are five or six very decent new pics for those two.

I haven't touched Ringo since my update post, and found 3 new Simca pics at the most at the same time as I did that.

About making your own guide it makes more sense now. It will also help out people who favour your packs more...I'm off to read it, I may have some time to work on things soon and any new ideas are always welcome imo.

Offline Mak

• Donator
Re: -Xela's Quality Packs and Tutorials-
« Reply #71 on: July 26, 2011, 09:30:47 PM »
Google? what's a google?

Seriously though, since you put the effort to make the guide I'll try and help a bit.

http://www.irfanview.com/ has a batch conversion which will make sure all pics are the proper file type, as well as a renaming and resizing in the same function. You can do it all in one shot with a single program. I find it more useful than other 3rd party programs, as well as more reliable. If you open a pic in it that was renamed but not properly converted it will tell you and change it accordingly.

I'm a Firefox newb, so I appreciate all the advice there...I got fed up with IE for various reasons.

Software for double pics is extremely unreliable, I agree with you that nothing compares to your own scrutiny.

Resizing pics, I only try to upsize if they are under 450 (pixels) in height, using irfanview. If they become too 'dirty' (idk how to word it,) I just delete them. I only downsize when big to the point of jagged lines on my PC.

For traits and descriptions in my girlsx files, I aim for popular fansites and wiki, but it can be hard at times so I just try what I can see and read. For traits, if you can't find much posted info, pics can give you a lot of info to go by when making the pack. I would suggest making the pic file first unless you know/follow the series/game.

In my experience Mediafire is the most reliable free file sharing source. Problems seem to arise due to the name of the file. I don't know how to explain it well, but using well known names can get your file blocked. Explaining it properly here and purposely misspelling it or randomly naming it seems to work. Just make sure the extracted files are named to your preference.

http://lu.scio.us/ Doesn't seem reliable anymore. I could very well be wrong, but from my understanding they changed sponsor. Obvious under 18 characters were immediately removed from the site. I'm not a huge loli fan, so no prob to me. But...apparently any character DRAWN who is, or believed to be under 18 y/o is subject to being removed if found out by the sponsor. When it comes to hentai I've never considered age of the character in the series to be THAT important, but it seems to be increasingly valid in NA and EU which will inevetably be a decrease in the availability of art.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #72 on: July 26, 2011, 10:02:59 PM »
 I actually have irfanview as well as acdsee, adobe, nero and a couple of others but the soft I've mentioned in the post is easier to use as well as faster (You need to try to understand why).

If you are new to firefox, ptero plugin will help you out a lot, instead of clicking 800 times for 400 pics (Save as), you get to click twice to the same effect :)

Downsizing is just for people who don't want to have a 10 - 40 GB WM folder.

Wikia/Fansites often offer "Personality" descriptions, you can draw traits from there or just ask around.

I just got 3 or 4 new hinata pics (pretimeskip) of http://lu.scio.us/. Their sponsor must not be paying attention :) But it is a place where people post their own collections so you can sometimes make good finds there, it is obviously in no way a first "Go to" place, ads along will piss you off after you spend 5 mins on the site.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Mak

• Donator
« Reply #73 on: July 27, 2011, 01:14:35 PM »
Ah, I see now. Simple functions and they would be much easier for someone unfamiliar with other programs.

I'll have to check out that plugin, thanks.

My bad on the downsizing, I've been running dual 500gb drives using one for direct storage for so long I had forgotten how much of a pain needing space can be; I don't miss deleting one game to d/l another (my previous pc had a tiny drive) lol.

For wikia/fansites I was agreed that they are the best source, but I've come across circumstances where I couldn't find a site. I was suggesting that if a source is unavailable looking at the girl's pics can help some.

I just got 3 or 4 new hinata pics (pretimeskip) of http://lu.scio.us/. Their sponsor must not be paying attention :) But it is a place where people post their own collections so you can sometimes make good finds there, it is obviously in no way a first "Go to" place, ads along will piss you off after you spend 5 mins on the site.

You said it better than I could.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 01:16:52 PM by Mak »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #74 on: July 27, 2011, 06:45:17 PM »
My bad on the downsizing, I've been running dual 500gb drives using one for direct storage for so long I had forgotten how much of a pain needing space can be; I don't miss deleting one game to d/l another (my previous pc had a tiny drive) lol.

Odd.. I have 2tb and never have enough space :(

To tired today to sort through pics but I have started gathering a base for Snow White and found a couple new Kushina pics (She is best downloaded image pack I've made), I'll upload an addon for her tomorrow and make a pack for Snow White and Grimhilde*if there are enough pics.
Like what we're doing?