Author Topic: <-- Archived -->  (Read 113684 times)

Offline DarkTl

a girl can buy an item, use/equip it and get a disposition bonus towards the player for no good reason.
That's why badness of such items will be always 100, and we just have to make sure that consumable items from dungeons and other places go to MC inventory bypassing girl's inventory.

Or we could just don't use disposition modificators at all, instead the only way you could rise disposition with gifts will be a gift during a date or some another event.

You showed a couple of really cool interfaces related to inventories and equipment, can those be ripped?
And that's why I saved them in my folder in the first place. We just have to decide which gui elements exactly we want in the game.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 04:10:25 PM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
That's why badness of such items will be always 100, and we just have to make sure that consumable items from dungeons and other places go to MC inventory bypassing girl's inventory.

Or we could just don't use disposition modificators at all, instead the only way you could rise disposition with gifts will be a gift during a date or some another event.

Also a possibility...

And that's why I saved them in my folder in the first place. We just have to decide which gui elements exactly we want in the game.

I can't find it, you have an insane amount of pics for items and a couple of backgrounds for shops, but to build a screen I need separate elements, not screenshots :(
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

Um, I never said that I already ripped 'em. What I mean is I don't know which of them you need.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
Um, I never said that I already ripped 'em. What I mean is I don't know which of them you need.

Well, it's a matter of what we can get (not every game can be ripped). I basically don't mind any setup at all, most of them look awesome. We may even build different versions for different shops.

I suggest we gather some resources and see what we use best. For now I'll keep it very simple like I did with all other screens so we can test items.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

Well, for now I have great icons almost for everything in gui (inventory, quests, map, marks on the map, gold, stats screen, magic, etc). Anything else?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
Well, for now I have great icons almost for everything in gui (inventory, quests, map, marks on the map, gold, stats screen, magic, etc). Anything else?

Looks good, I need to see these resources and find a way to put them together. For now I am going to call it a night.

Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

Now then, about the disposition problem. I believe you proposed somewhere that items like dress will rise disposition only if being given as a gift rather than when put into girl's inventory. And in that case they will dissappear from the game.
Value of disposition bonus could be calculated, for example, depending on item's cost, good/bad trait list and girl's occupation, but no more than, let's say, 50 per gift at best.

On the other hand, the idea of dismod field is the most simple and fast to implement. We probably will need some additional mechanisms to balance the game though, like very limited access to girl's inventory with small disposition and still not entirely free even with max disposition and min character (except for slaves, of course). And some other mechanisms to prevent too fast increase of disposition for slaves, maybe even a completely different system. After all, they do not value gifts as much as free ones, since, theoretically, you can always take them back.

I'd say, let's make dismod  :)

However, dismod doesn't solve problem with consumables. If it will be too difficult to completely bypass girl's inventory in terms of coding, I could set eqchance at 0 for them too, and then you could add some function which allows MC to forcibly use consumables with bonuses to disposition on girls regardless of the circumstances.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 04:26:41 AM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
Now then, about the disposition problem. I believe you proposed somewhere that items like dress will rise disposition only if being given as a gift rather than when put into girl's inventory. And in that case they will dissappear from the game.
Value of disposition bonus could be calculated, for example, depending on item's cost, good/bad trait list and girl's occupation, but no more than, let's say, 50 per gift at best.

On the other hand, the idea of dismod field is the most simple and fast to implement. We probably will need some additional mechanisms to balance the game though, like very limited access to girl's inventory with small disposition and still not entirely free even with max disposition and min character (except for slaves, of course). And some other mechanisms to prevent too fast increase of disposition for slaves, maybe even a completely different system. After all, they they do not value gifts as much as free ones, since, theoretically, you can always take them back.

I'd say, let's make dismod  :)

However, dismod doesn't solve problem with consumables. If it will be too difficult to completely bypass girl's inventory in terms of coding, I could set eqchance at 0 for them too, and then you could add some function which allows MC to forcibly use consumables with bonuses to disposition on girls regardless of the circumstances.

I'll give it some thought, also considering the code and propose solution that seems to work best and will not require rewriting half of the items code to implement.

I will soon finish graphical mock up for items from Alkion so the system can used for testing items as you create them:

We will kill all of these screens and replace with improved versions after we get some resources. For now, this will serve for testing purposes. Next is the equipment screen, I'll release it to dropbox after it's done and been debugged (should be this week, I hope)
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

Ok. For now I'm going to look for more gui elements (and you can find them in gui folder), but let me know if we need more backgrounds for shops.

Offline DarkTl

I've fixed xml items file you were building (beta version). Please keep to that structure in the future cause loading your files is either impossible or above my skill level.
I have to ask it. By structure you mean the correct order of the fields or completely broken formatting?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
Ok, I have to ask it. By structure you mean the correct order of the fields or completely broken formatting?

Completely broken formatting. You were closing opening <item> field straight away.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

Ah, I see.
And where exactly in this structure "hidden" field should be then?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
Ah, I see.
And where exactly in this structure "hidden" field should be then?

Within item markup:

#DRESS
    <item
        id="Brothel Gown"
        icon="content/items/dress1.png"
        desc="This respectable-looking gown holds an enticing secret: parts of it are separately detachable, allowing unrestricted access to the wearer's breasts, ass and genitals. It's perfect for the girl who needs to go from presentable to slutty in the blink of an eye."

price = '500'
        sex = 'female'
        chance = '35'
        badness = '10'
        slot = 'body'
        hidden = 'true' >

<mod charisma = '10' />
        <mod character = '5' />
        <mod libido = '20' />
        <min libido = '10' />
        <min libido = '5' />
        <mod service = '5' />   
        <mod strip = '10' />
        <min strip = '5' />
        <min strip = '5' />
        <mod disposition = '80' />
        <mod joy = '20' />

<location name = 'Item Shop' />

<goodtrait name = 'Nymphomaniac' />
        <goodtrait name = 'Exhibitionnist' />
        <badtrait name = 'Shy' />
        <badtrait name = 'Horrific Scars' />
        <badtrait name = 'Frigid' />

</item>

I did some thinking during traveling today:

1) Hidden will be set to true by default, there will be some form of NPC character or characters to unlock hidden items for a price. Some items we can even hardcode into the game :)

2) I might have found a decent way to solve disposition problem. All disposition items will have a field 'origin' set to false. This can not be set in xml and will be scripted in python. While field remains false, disposition bonus will never be applied. In the same time if you take such an item away from a girl, regardless where she got it from, you'll get a disposition hit of 1.5*disposition value (we can throw a warning screen that player can see once and than disable forever). If player buys or gives girl an item, origin field is set to 'hero' and disposition bonus will apply normally (on consumption or equipping). It's all very easy to code and seems to be solving all our problems while not being counter intuitive (taking back gifts from a girl or taking items that she bought/earned should have a penalty of some sorts, maybe even if it doesn't mod disposition).

3) Once every 10 days, girls will sell off their inferior items (set at random for all girls so we have no chance to overload the game on next day).

4) Free girls will autobuy consumables that make them prettier/sexier/stronger depending on profession, that should make a very decent money sink so girls don't become to rich.

I've had another set of ideas but those aren't for items. Basically after core is finished, we can do some really cool stuff making game very interesting and intuitive not just by quests but by logic... I figure that after I am done with basics for the guard job, we can go over every concept in the game as we did for items together and I'll code it all in. Editing the code will be a lot easier cause a lot of code is already in place.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 04:39:54 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

I came across this topic recently, it has an interesting idea about unique items.

Oh, and what about that WM-like dismod field for other items like dress and stuff?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 09:37:59 AM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
I came across this topic recently, it has an interesting idea about unique items.

Oh, and what about that WM-like dismod field for other items like dress and stuff?

We can add unique items later, it's not hard.

I don't know, do we need another dismod field if system I described will be in place?
Like what we're doing?