Author Topic: <-- Archived -->  (Read 113690 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Well, it works properly now, so you probably have fixed it. I didn't try console yet after all  :)

Even if it doesn't, we'll get it right. Problem is us going from a very simple same 6 items/6 dresses for all girls item setup to one with unlimited amount of items, unlimited amount of shops and fairly advanced logic.

Problems were also all over the place. I even found one in backbone code from Alkion, I encountered it when project was just starting but didn't have the knowledge or skill to backtrack it to the source since it never threw an Error.

If you see any overpowered items, then keep in mind that they should and will be in dangerous, remote locations with a small chance to obtain them.

I didn't mean that you were making overpowered items, was just explaining how the system works.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
Btw, I don't see libido in girls stats, so can't test properly some items.

Been a while since I've checked with that screen. Service, Striptease were missing as well. Try it now.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

As I suspected, as soon as I used the new field, I've got a crash  :)
This time I use ceffect = 'brothelgirls', and get
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - girlequipment.rpy", line 6, in script
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - girlequipment.rpy", line 21, in python
  File "game/library/pyt - functions.rpy", line 189, in python
  File "game/library/pyt - classes.rpy", line 903, in python
  File "game/library/pyt - classes.rpy", line 1507, in python
ValueError: list.remove(x): x not in list

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
As I suspected, as soon as I used the new field, I've got a crash  :)
This time I use ceffect = 'brothelgirls', and get

At least you're not surprised anymore :)

Should be fixed now as well. Game was trying to remove item from inventory of every girl effected by it, obviously that should happen only for one character.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

Yup, seems ok now.

I'm not sure that cmax field works as intended. I've created a testing item:
ceffect = 'brothelgirls'
cmax = '29'
ctemp = '1'>

<mod charisma = '30' />
It doen't work on two girls with 30 and 32 charisma, and two other girls with 20 charisma have it 50 for 1 day.
Shouldn't they have it 29 rather than 50?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
Yup, seems ok now.

I'm not sure that cmax field works as intended. I've created a testing item:
ceffect = 'brothelgirls'
cmax = '29'
ctemp = '1'>

<mod charisma = '30' />
It doen't work on two girls with 30 and 32 charisma, and two other girls with 20 charisma have it 50 for 1 day.
Shouldn't they have it 29 rather than 50?

It works as I've intended it. I've updated the concept:

Cmax: Will only apply mod effects if girl's stat is below this value. The idea is not to allow cheap, peace of crap consumables to max out a girl completely. (Now also works for misc items!)
- Defaults to 'false' and game will enforce 'false' if item is not consumable or misc.
- xml field:
Code: [Select]
cmax = '75'

It is possible to lock stat at cmax value (as in original concept) but that would require yet another layer and we already have to many for traits and items. (Problem are temp consumables, if we force it to be valid only for non temp consumables and misc, it should be no problem to keep it to the old design).
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 09:30:56 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

I see.
I tried char['Hinata'].applytrait('Strange Eyes'), and even char['Hinata Hyuuga'].applytrait('Strange Eyes'), but still the game refuses to accept this command. Any tips?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
I see.
I tried char['Hinata'].applytrait('Strange Eyes'), and even char['Hinata Hyuuga'].applytrait('Strange Eyes'), but still the game refuses to accept this command. Any tips?

Shitz, sorry, I forgot that method takes objects as arguments: char['Hinata'].applytrait(traits['Strange Eyes'])

Should prolly rewrite that in the future...
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

Yup, it works now.
Is it normal that both ceffect = 'brothelslave' and ceffect = 'brothelfree' items work on everyone? You can't be slave and non slave at the same time, as far as I know.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
Yup, it works now.
Is it normal that both ceffect = 'brothelslave' and ceffect = 'brothelfree' items work on everyone? You can't be slave and non slave at the same time, as far as I know.

Code: [Select]
            elif item.ceffect == 'brothelfree':
                if chr.location in brtls.keys():
                    chr.inventory.remove(item)
                    for girl in [char[key] for key in char if char[key].location == chr.location]:
                        if girl.status != 'slave':
                            girl.equip(item)
                else:
                    pass

elif item.ceffect == 'brothelslave':
                if chr.location in brtls.keys():
                    chr.inventory.remove(item)
                    for girl in [char[key] for key in char if char[key].location == chr.location]:
                        if girl.status == 'slave':
                            girl.equip(item)
                else:
                    pass

Code looks solid, you prolly tested brothelgirls and brothelslave.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

Hm, yeah, you right, my mistake. Well, since all current girls are slaves, looks like brothelfree option can't be tested right now.

Ok, consumables are done and uploaded (items.xml and items/cons folder), no more crashes hopefully. As soon as Cherry will finish four remaining pngs, they will be completely ready. We have only 55 of them right now, since we don't have effects and skills yet.
The next stop is traits.xml, which is very messy in many ways, after that misc items.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
Hm, yeah, you right, my mistake. Well, since all current girls are slaves, looks like brothelfree option can't be tested right now.

Ok, consumables are done and uploaded (items.xml and items/cons folder), no more crashes hopefully. As soon as Cherry will finish four remaining pngs, they will be completely ready. We have only 55 of them right now, since we don't have effects and skills yet.
The next stop is traits.xml, which is very messy in many ways, after that misc items.

Girls in the city are free (Hire option works during dialogue), Tifa is also free. But it will work for free girls if it works for slaves, same bit of code with one condition reversed.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

Traits.xml is ready, we should use it with the game to avoid possible crashes, since the old one doesn't have several traits which add/remove some items.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
Traits.xml is ready, we should use it with the game to avoid possible crashes, since the old one doesn't have several traits which add/remove some items.

Great, I'll add it to the dev version tomorrow if I get the chance, next two weeks are gonna be hectic so I don't plan on having much time to code.

=============================================================================
I've wrapped up some guard code today. Still only half working for some reason but I'll debug it when I get the chance. We also need to decide what gets coded next, I really liked working with clear concepts as we did for items and traits, it's easier, faster and quicker to debug because everyone has a general idea on how it supposed to work.

I figure possibilities are:

1) Jobs, LOADS of code has been written for them already, I can throw together a concept and we can finish/improve them one by one.

2) Brothels, loads of code for those as well but we can improve them in many ways. Redesign some elements like allowing more upgrades and different upgrades for all brothels.

3) Slaves, right now there is only some basic code written for slaves, bit here, bit there... For final version I want real slavetraining, trained slave should go for 20 - 30k, untrained for 2 - 5k. Market should have both of those available... but if truth be told, I just wanted to add this after the beta version, it's a complex system with nothing designed for it right now. We can simply agree that all slaves in the game are trained for the beta.

4) Interfaces, we can put in some into designing better interfaces for the game, slowly building up on gui graphics and quality until we get bored with that.

5) Content, we have some girls now, also some items and traits. Now we could add some texts, checks on traits, code in a couple of locations, witches hut that Ncog designed, create a base for girlsmeets and interactions. Design and add a couple of NPCs and new locations.

6) There is supposed to be a second layer of girls actions. Player sets them to do a job but they also leave a life of their own, go shopping, train, rest, go out together and so on. Also player should have some control of girls actions on job and throughout the day, especially for slaves. We can concept and code that in.

7) Arena, prolly gonna be one of the best elements in the game, loads of shitz happening there, fighting monsters, NPC's, warrior girls not in player's service yet and so on.

8 ) Girl's auto-equip/buy items system, should be concepted and coded as well.

9) Player (Main Hero). Loads of work in this area obviously...

10) Storyline.

There is plenty more I expect. We just need to pick one thing at a time and wrap it up, at least as a concept if not in code completely (some game elements are not possible to code in before others are not finished.)

================================
I'm done for tonight, but expect to hear some suggestions on what to tackle next. Everyone is welcome to participate in design btw, the more heads the better!
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

Oh yeah, plenty indeed.

1. Well, as a packs maker I would like to put the point in question of occupations, of course. It means jobs (and arena, as specific job), but it not the most urgent possibility.

2. Now that's sounds interesting, brothels are important part of the game, yet they poorly designed now.

3. Slavetraining is far too deep topic at this point, I think. It means the whole new, huge system like Валет Плетей, while we don't have many basic things for existing systems right now.

4. Interfaces could wait for now. And we don't have designers anyway  :)

5. If you want new traits, be my guest and write 'em. As for new items, let me create "old ones" at first  :D
You could add more checks on traits, but it's illogically to do it before jobs themselves (see § 1).

6. Basicly, it means a map with many locations, shops, etc, since you can't go shopping, training or resting inside one brothel. It definitely helps me with items (I mean location name field).

7. See § 1.

8. Let's create some shops (see § 6) before making autobuy system, and auto-equip definitely can wait.

9. It will mean a lot when we'll have a decent battle system. Battle system means monsters, locations, random encounters and dungeons, in other words, other §§.

10. I refuse to read that novella you want to use as a basis. I prefer Sci-Fi or fantasy a-la Terry Pratchett   8)
I guess you could write it on your own while I'm busy with items and girls, but I'd like to have §§ 1 and 6 before doing it.