Author Topic: <-- Archived -->  (Read 113690 times)

Offline DarkTl

I don't see intelligence stat as well. I hope we have it?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
I don't see intelligence stat as well. I hope we have it?

Yeap, we have it :)

List of stats, maybe even more than this:

StatList = ['agility', 'intelligence', 'libido', 'refinement', 'blowjob', 'fatigue', 'disposition', 'strip', 'fame', 'mood', 'defence', 'magic', 'constitution', 'character', 'attack', 'normalsex', 'lesbian', 'charisma', 'reputation', 'health', 'mp', 'exp', 'joy', 'anal', 'luck', 'service', 'disposition']

I'll add capabilities to mod gold and exp tonight or tomorrow morning.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

Ok. I'll finish misc then, we'll have about 35 items. I'm unable to come up with more items without skills and stuff.
The next one will be rings slot.

Offline DarkTl

And now about traits.
The game should provide an opportunity to gain or lose any trait. While it could be done solely via items, it will be too boring.
So do you already have any ideas about it? Events, scholls, something else?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
And now about traits.
The game should provide an opportunity to gain or lose any trait. While it could be done solely via items, it will be too boring.
So do you already have any ideas about it? Events, scholls, something else?

All of the above, jobs as well. We'll cross that bridge when we come to it. 
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

as someone who likes to play without changing the starting (=true to character) traits of girls in any way, I'm a bit bothered by the chance that there will be items that can add or remove them and girls could equip these items by themselves. Could there be an option to prevent that?

Also, do we have a field in items that would prevent them to be removed? Usually it's for quest and cursed items. I was thinking about giving a few iconic items to some girls that they should always have with them (like cat Luna and transformation wand to Sailor Moon).

Are effects still planned to be in beta? You mentioned these before... but you guys keep manipulating with traits a lot, have few of them like cold or scars, adding this layered system... while I would sort of expect using effects instead  (but I'm not a WM fan when it comes to items, so maybe I'm just prejudiced)

Offline DarkTl

I'm a bit bothered by the chance that there will be items that can add or remove them and girls could equip these items by themselves. Could there be an option to prevent that?
I do my best to prevent it by sticking to 0 buy and/or equip chances for items with permanent traits effects or significant permanent impact on stats.

you guys keep manipulating with traits a lot, have few of them like cold or scars, adding this layered system... while I would sort of expect using effects instead  (but I'm not a WM fan when it comes to items, so maybe I'm just prejudiced)
I believe scars are permanent enough characteristics to be used as traits. As for cold and others, I'm trying to not use them too much, since they probably will be replaced by effects eventually.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
as someone who likes to play without changing the starting (=true to character) traits of girls in any way, I'm a bit bothered by the chance that there will be items that can add or remove them and girls could equip these items by themselves. Could there be an option to prevent that?

1) Auto-Equip you can disable for slaves and girls with high enough disposition. At least that's how I am planning it for the future.

2) You'll simply have to know the game and know it well. Key to making a girl with 'locked traits' is to force 'Absolute Block' on any trait that might remove it, that system is already in place and should work just fine.

Also, do we have a field in items that would prevent them to be removed? Usually it's for quest and cursed items. I was thinking about giving a few iconic items to some girls that they should always have with them (like cat Luna and transformation wand to Sailor Moon).

No, since noone requested it during the conception, we don't have a field like that. It's possible to code in I suspect, preferably by making an item possible to equip by one girl. Locking it is prolly also not necessary in that context.

Are effects still planned to be in beta? You mentioned these before... but you guys keep manipulating with traits a lot, have few of them like cold or scars, adding this layered system... while I would sort of expect using effects instead  (but I'm not a WM fan when it comes to items, so maybe I'm just prejudiced)

Yeah, effects are actually not difficult to code in at all. Just a bunch of counters and stats mods, we'll need some form of a concept for that as well.

In any case, I want to put everything we've discussed on brothel in one post today and see where we still have holes.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

It appears that I'm unable to use "upkeep" stat within items.xml at all, the game doesn't recognise it.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
It appears that I'm unable to use "upkeep" stat within items.xml at all, the game doesn't recognise it.

It's not supposed to as upkeep is not really a stat. It can already be modded by traits, do we need items to mod it as well?
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

I don't know. Even if we'll have upkeep, it won't be used widely anyway (4-5 items probably), so it's up to you.
+++++++++++++++
I thought about Incorporeal trait from WM recently. There it simply means absolute invulnerability, so as soon as you get Incorporeal character, catacombs are open for you, and security in wm ex is not a problem anymore. It severely disrupts the balance obviously, that's why I decided to not port it.
However, there are characters which are maybe not completely invincible, but at least more or less immortal according to source. I wonder if the game will make it possible to die for girls at all.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
I don't know. Even if we'll have upkeep, it won't be used widely anyway (4-5 items probably), so it's up to you.
+++++++++++++++
I thought about Incorporeal trait from WM recently. There it simply means absolute invulnerability, so as soon as you get Incorporeal character, catacombs are open for you, and security in wm ex is not a problem anymore. It severely disrupts the balance obviously, that's why I decided to not port it.
However, there are characters which are maybe not completely invincible, but at least more or less immortal according to source. I wonder if the game will make it possible to die for girls at all.

Definitely NO to incorporeal. I don't know about mortality... They cannot die right now.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

I have an idea about it then. When we get to effects system, we could create a "Near Death" effect. With this effect a girl can't do anything up until MC gives her some special consumable item to remove this effect. As an option, if you don't remove the effect, character will die after several days. We also could create some rare item for resurrection even after death, but it might be an overkill.

After that we could either create a new trait (or make some flag) for immortal girls to make sure they either never ever die even near death, or will recover themselves even without any help eventually.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
I have an idea about it then. When we get to effects system, we could create a "Near Death" effect. With this effect a girl can't do anything up until MC gives her some special consumable item to remove this effect. As an option, if you don't remove the effect, character will die after several days. We also could create some rare item for resurrection even after death, but it might be an overkill.

After that we could either create a new trait (or make some flag) for immortal girls to make sure they either never ever die even near death, or will recover themselves even without any help eventually.

If we're going to have resurrection, it should be religion related. We can put a nice spin on that.

I don't like the idea of immortal girls at all, neither is it a good idea to try and mimic girls powers in the game. It will always come to stupid crap like a bunch of girls who are capable of leveling the city to the ground working in a brothel or serving drinks. Lets just agree not to try and bring characters into the game exactly as they're in the shows, their appearance, personalities and 'relative' strength should be more than enough in order for player to relate. Rest we can achieve by personalized scripting.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

Very well. Then absence of death in the game looks even more strange. So we should either go for "near death" effect or simple wm-like death (but with resurrection).

In any case, death shouldn't be instant and irreversible at the same time. Otherwise player will prefer to reload as many times as necessary to avoid it.