Author Topic: WM 1.30 Unofficial  (Read 15877 times)

Offline TF

Re: WM 1.30 Unofficial
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2010, 07:02:14 PM »
It may be little bare and buggy, but seeing some actual tangible progress being made is really uplifting... even if it's not being released by the original developers.

Offline Hauptmann103

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2010, 08:44:22 PM »
I don't know if this completely fixes the not getting income from girls issue, but changing line 5750 in cBrothel.cpp from the following:
Code: [Select]
if(girl->_m_Money <= 0)to
if(girl->M_Pay <= 0)seems to fix it. Before the change, it would always skip adding the income from girls that had no money...which I don't think was intended. I hope this helps.

-Edit: There was a typo in my post. Put in a < instead of a >. My bad.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 05:50:26 PM by Hauptmann103 »

Offline 11Z11

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2010, 03:05:48 PM »
well i hope after the devs are done with their last efforts on this someone else gives it a shot...i always thought this game had potential....i especially wanted the ability to use the girl's in other capacities like as guards,thieves,bodyguards...personal harem.

Offline necno

• Core Developer
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2010, 07:28:09 PM »
None of the dev team will stop work on this anytime soon. Especially me. But we all have a lot of other things to keep us busy. I try to get something done on this at least once a week, but as I'm married and unemployed I have a lot of other far less interesting crap to do as well  ;D

I'm currently also working on a commercial game (not one mentioned elsewhere on this forum) which is taking up a lot of my time but is using the game engine (SDL wrapper) that is used in whoremaster. As a side effect you may see some additions to whore master from that in the far future, one in particular I've been working on is animated graphics using a custom format (there are issues with using gif and the current alternatives although APNG looks like an interesting format).
Click here to donate
After you do so please pm me the email address you used so I can add you to the donation forum.

Working on:
Whoremaster II (Official)
Birthright (Now a commercial rougelike)

Offline SCO

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2010, 01:30:01 PM »
Gotta say, thanks for the effort, but I'll hold off until the devs say Offical Release.  My lappie that I run this on has enough problems.

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2010, 01:53:16 PM »
I took a quick look at it and the UI is a hell of a lot nicer now.
The new UI is easier to use
I have to agree the UI is much better.
I do like the new UI, but some of the lists need to be bigger and more room allowed for explanation of the jobs.
I just took a peek as well, and the interfaces look sexy. This is gonna be a joy.

Thanks, guys.  ;)
Still some further screens to go before the UI spiffup is complete, but it's coming along.

Offline Mehzerz

• Rockin' the after life after party
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2010, 03:25:48 AM »
Wait, I know necno said it won't be for a while. But I don't see the point in replacing WMs engine with a new one... I don't know anything about coding but you said, you wouldn't need to worry about XML anymore.

What does that mean? Does that mean all of Dagoths work would be for null? Not to mention Doc is already converting everything to Lua as well. So why even bother with the engine change? I'd just scrape the thought, and just keep what you've got. Seems rather counter productive to me.
Starter girls image additions progress:
26 girls, 18 to go

Offline necno

• Core Developer
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2010, 07:57:35 PM »
Hehe, sorry for the confusion perhaps I should explain a few things.

Not at all, the new engine is for a separate project (what will be my first attempt at a commercial indie game) and was needed as the whore master engine is a bit of a mess and difficult to fix without recoding from the ground up. What i mean is that features from the new engine will be implemented in the old whoremaster engine. Although the idea of porting whoremaster completely is surly tempting as it would clean the code up a hell of a lot (making it easier to work with and modify).

Basically the problem with whoremaster (both the engine and game code) is that almost no design has be done on any of it. Its almost entirely coded on the fly meaning its messy and all over the place. It has improved a hell of a lot but is still messy. We are gradually improving the engine code behind whoremaster so that we can implement new features. Next week I'm going to be adding support for sprite sheets (animated images) for girls and working on getting that elusive 1.30 release out.

So in the end Dagoths work will not be affected... and if I ever decided to redo the whoremaster GUI engine his work will be used in it.
Click here to donate
After you do so please pm me the email address you used so I can add you to the donation forum.

Working on:
Whoremaster II (Official)
Birthright (Now a commercial rougelike)

Offline EternitynChaos

« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2010, 01:47:09 AM »
I don't know if this completely fixes the not getting income from girls issue, but changing line 5750 in cBrothel.cpp from the following:
if(girl-<M_Pay <= 0)seems to fix it. Before the change, it would always skip adding the income from girls that had no money...which I don't think was intended. I hope this helps.

Sorry to be a bother, but would someone please help this unworth in working out how to implament this little fact?

It would be nice

Thanks for your time.

Offline Drock

« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2010, 05:37:25 AM »

Sorry to be a bother, but would someone please help this unworth in working out how to implament this little fact?

It would be nice

Thanks for your time.

if you don't know how, don't bother.. you would have to recompile everything in VS.

Offline Hauptmann103

« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2010, 05:55:15 PM »
Drock is right, you have to download the source and compile it yourself after making that change. Anyone that was playing using the source and was interested in the code change I posted, there was a small typo in it. I assume the compiler would have yelled at you and made you change it, but I posted "-<" instead of the obviously correct "->". I've changed my original post to reflect this correction.

Offline EternitynChaos

« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2010, 08:51:08 PM »
Ah, ok thanks for the answer, now I just wish there was a rar of the source code on mediafire /laugh

ah well have to dl is with SVN I guess, even if it is taking and age or three /laugh

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2010, 05:08:54 AM »
if(girl->M_Pay <= 0)seems to fix it. Before the change, it would always skip adding the income from girls that had no money...which I don't think was intended. I hope this helps.

I just checked on that and I assume it was fixed already. At least, I'm not finding a single instance of "girl->_m_Money" anywhere in the current version of cBrothel.cpp.

EDIT: ah, you had an extra "_" in there which is why I couldn't find it. Is this section at line ~3774 what you were referring to (as there are only 4546 lines total in this file)?

void cBrothelManager::CalculatePay(sBrothel* brothel, sGirl* girl)
{
if(girl->m_Stats[STAT_HOUSE] == 0)
{
girl->m_Money += girl->m_Pay;
girl->m_Pay=0;
return;
}

if(girl->m_Money <= 0)
{
if(girl->m_Money < 0)
girl->m_Money = 0;
return;
}

EDIT 2: ah, thought I remembered seeing another post referring to this issue.

EDIT 3: confirmed fix and updated code on SVN.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 05:24:28 AM by Dagoth »

Offline RyRain

« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2010, 07:37:44 AM »
Is there a glitch in the editor or items file? I usually add medicines to the shop to remove scars, add traits like masochism etc but any time I try to open the items file I get this message when I try to load the file:

An error has occurred while parsing EntityName. Line 4511, position 199.

Offline Sigfried666

« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2010, 11:51:07 PM »
Didn't see it mentioned before, but might be my bad...
Somehow, impregnating a daughter removes the "Your Daughter" trait.
Wich also makes dsughter's daughters never get the "incest" trait.