devolution

Author Topic: PyTFall 0.72 Beta "and take their sh!t" edition  (Read 21826 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
PyTFall 0.72 Beta "and take their sh!t" edition
« on: November 16, 2018, 11:44:13 AM »

Download (Hentai/NSFW):
- PC/LINUX (Beta v.0.72) (Mega)

Archive password: pytfall

Please support us at:
https://www.patreon.com/xelapy
https://www.patreon.com/darkt

Major changes:
- New Exploration Guild business where the player can send out teams to the locations around the city, meet new people/monsters and "take their sh!t :)".
- Arena opponents are now placed in the proper battle row and equipped in with adequate equipment and magic.
- Image prediction has been improved, resulting in smoother gameplay.
- All bugs found by our testing crew have been resolved.
- Several improvements in balancing out the game (resulting in slightly more straightforward gameplay).

Visit: https://www.pinkpetal.org/ for more character packs.
And our discord: https://discord.gg/4tT4qmW

PS: We're still in Beta stage, so there is a "cheating menu" available for those without the patience to grind through the game. Press ALT+SHIFT+A, a small icon will appear on the 'top-control-stripe,' it will have several basic cheating options available.

Plans for the next 0.85 "We got game" version:
- Gameplay Goals.
- Quests/Events/Story Arc.
- Update of the character class system.
- More 'status' battle skills.

Enjoy your play!

« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 05:17:24 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: PyTFall 0.72 Beta "and take their sh!t" edition
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2019, 05:18:06 AM »
Updated!
Like what we're doing?

Offline stancliff

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2019, 03:15:17 PM »
I have to say alpha was slightly more flexible but not in a significant way.  I have a recurring bug I haven't seen mentioned...
  I like to play Jin, not sure if it matters, I go Arena - enter arena - dogfight - 1v1 and crash.  I get an i/o error about 60%. 
This also occures when I have girls on my team.
The program is asking for a player profile pic it can't find because the name is in the wrong content coding style, I presume
the previous formatting.

I used to be able to convince girls to change jobs, I can't find any way to do that now... I miss it.

Notes to players - the material clearly says slaves cannot have armor or weapons, don't even try.  Seduce girls with combat ability
 to be on your team.  This is fairly clear by their answer to the question what they do.
If you want more clients you have to wait and build up reputation.  This comes from girls turning tricks, and when rep reaches 30
you will have new clients.  A rep of 80 will give you about 30 people you can't possibly serve.  A girl needs 20 to 30 Con to get AP 3.
We are told it takes a level around 20 to get a new tier.  This was in the old version by a different name.  It takes quite a while.
A girl with two stars in the right skill will usually get paid 30 g, if below that losing half is very common, it is also possible to get
paid zero, but fairly rare.  Click the girl's pic and you can have sex with her, this counts as training, but is slow, school does a better
job.  As long as your girls are getting 15 g regularly you should try to work in the slave area, later you can back off and work on
personal issues.  Never try to fight anyone more than two levels above you, it is easy to lose.

Offline lothran

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2020, 10:16:54 AM »
I've been playing for a while and generally enjoyed it.  It bothers me that I can't have strippers in the lower buildings.  It's like I'm being told 'we put them in game but don't use them' 
Personally I've been in a dive bar that had one small stage and one girl working, so it can be done in a tiny building.

I got a little motivated and got a lot of packs.  There are at least 80
pic folders and the game won't run 'new game'.  First error reads
```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 198, in script
    python: # Move to a World AI method:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 200, in <module>
    pytfall.populate_world()
  File "game/code/core/support.rpy", line 110, in populate_world
    populate_ea()
  File "game/code/locations/main_street/shops/employment_agency.rpy", line 34, in populate_ea
    give_bt_items=True)
  File "game/code/core/characters/functions.rpy", line 469, in build_rc
    for skill, chance in data["magic_skills"]:
ValueError: too many values to unpack

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 198, in script
    python: # Move to a World AI method:
  File "D:\Games\PyTFall-0.72-and-take-their-shit...-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 900, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "D:\Games\PyTFall-0.72-and-take-their-shit...-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1930, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/script.rpy", line 200, in <module>
    pytfall.populate_world()
  File "game/code/core/support.rpy", line 110, in populate_world
    populate_ea()
  File "game/code/locations/main_street/shops/employment_agency.rpy", line 34, in populate_ea
    give_bt_items=True)
  File "game/code/core/characters/functions.rpy", line 469, in build_rc
    for skill, chance in data["magic_skills"]:
ValueError: too many values to unpack

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.2.2.491
PyTFall 0.72 and take their shit...
Wed Feb 05 09:08:57 2020
```
I get the feeling that the system didn't assign enough memory to handle all my girls and all their pics.

Before this I had a tag error because an Orihime pic didn't have any tags.
I've also had errors from scripts that wanted to change stats for specific girls by name and the code failed on the name reference.

Right now I can't play because I moved too many girls around for my saves to work and I can't start a new game without several errors. 
I tried ignore on all of them and the game opened with no girls populated past main street, none at tower, beaches, park, or the slave market.
I played the first six turns trying to recruit a whore and a stripper and no girls were populated into the empty areas.  Too frustrating...
2/20/2020 - I moved the girls around and verified the girls in /chars have a data file, but the game isn't using ANY of them, only the generic girls in /rchars/random. I also fixed the errors caused by scripts not finding what they were looking for. The game will start without an error, but only using generic girls is still a problem.  Earlier I removed all the special girls from their origin named folders and grouped them all in /chars, would this cause my issue with the girls not being used?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 03:10:52 PM by lothran »

Offline teitogun

• Will you be my slave?
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2020, 08:34:38 PM »
First of all I'd like to say that this game has a great deal of appeal to me and I can't wait for the upcoming update. But I do wish adding more girls to the game was a bit more straightforward, like in WM and Brothel King.  I would really like to make a Taimanin Asagi pack but I can't figure out how  :'(

Offline lothran

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2020, 10:48:15 AM »
Your biggest issue would be using the new naming coding.  All pics have to be reviewed and named based on types of content.  The method is supposed to be in the wiki but I haven't looked for it yet.  I also don't know if there is a renaming program to review each pic and click tags to build a new name.