devolution

Author Topic: Bugs: 1.30 Beta  (Read 170673 times)

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
Re: Bugs: 1.30 Beta
« Reply #75 on: July 02, 2010, 09:38:41 AM »
Couldn't open .\Resources\Images\window_icon.png

Does the file exist? It could be you've unzipped the update without first installing the base release.

Offline ranger

« Reply #76 on: July 02, 2010, 06:11:54 PM »
Ill try a whole fresh install and see what happens

Offline sgb

« Reply #77 on: July 02, 2010, 10:07:03 PM »
I've been noticing most of gangs that get created after you 'win' get generated with such low assets they get wiped out on the same turn they were announced.  This may even be a function you want to disable (gangs coming back after you win) until you figure out what you want to do with gang balance, as it's not like these newcomers pose any sort of danger to the player even if they had tons of assets.  It's just an annoyance that gets demolished after a short round of Sabotaging from (at this point in the game) your maxed out super-gangs.

EDIT: They also pop-up way too often now; you can barely get a month's peace before a new one spawns.

On a side-note, I do like the new scripts for these and various other events.  Some of these gangs sound pretty bad-ass.  Too bad they aren't.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 10:16:54 PM by sgb »

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #78 on: July 03, 2010, 01:01:52 AM »
I've committed code to svn that should beef them up considerably.

Offline sgb

« Reply #79 on: July 03, 2010, 11:15:21 AM »
It doesn't look like fetishes are being applied properly 100% of the time.  I have a girl in my brothel with the Elegant trait, but it doesn't list |elegant| under fetish catagories.  Checking in the slave market, a girl who comes with Elegant does have |elegant| listed.  This seems to be occuring with all other traits as well.  I can't really tell if it's just a display bug, or if the game actually isn't giving the girls the fetish.  To make things even stranger, in the above example the girl in the brothel does have other fetishes so it's not a matter of the fetishes failing to initialize completely but rather an intermittent problem.  The girl in question did not have the trait added by an item or anything, those are her starting traits.  I've included the save.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 11:17:55 AM by sgb »

Offline sgb

« Reply #80 on: July 03, 2010, 09:37:09 PM »
Random girls that get sold off are not being removed from the game correctly.  While they don't show up in the slave market, they are instead showing up on walks.  You still have to kill them off to make sure they don't come back.

Offline ranger

« Reply #81 on: July 03, 2010, 10:30:26 PM »
did a whole fresh install and everything works fine now.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #82 on: July 04, 2010, 12:28:10 PM »
I found the horizontal mousewheel issue. Strictly speaking, SDL doesn't support horizontal scroll events until the next release. I practice, the code already returns an undocumented mouse button.

What I've done is to explicitly test for the left mouse button for mouse events. Currently you can click a WM button with any mouse button, left right or middle. From now on it's going to need to be left only.

[edit]

Also changed the "m" hotkey to go to the main screen - or brothel management if you prefer. You can still get to the mayor's screen with shift+m. It seemed to me that I wanted to go to brothel management far more often than I did to the mayor's screen, so this seems the best way to arrange things

« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 12:40:00 PM by DocClox »

Offline Nalkyr Maloth

« Reply #83 on: July 04, 2010, 01:55:42 PM »
More of a mild annoyance than a real problem. The pregnant pics for some girls are not getting loaded. They did get loaded in previous versions.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #84 on: July 04, 2010, 02:01:20 PM »
I'm seeing pregnant pics here - which specific girls are causing the problem?

Offline Nalkyr Maloth

« Reply #85 on: July 04, 2010, 02:14:44 PM »
One is Tamaki Kousaka. The other I can't remember at the moment. I only noticed because I remembered having seen them pregnant in previous games.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #86 on: July 04, 2010, 02:25:00 PM »
OK, I just cut down my girlsx file so it only has Tamaki in it. Then I started a test game, recruited her and knocked her up. The preg pics show just fine.

You want to try the same procedure at your end, just as a double check?

(I'm also running a build from svn, so it's possible that the bug is already fixed for the next release)

Offline Nalkyr Maloth

« Reply #87 on: July 04, 2010, 03:00:00 PM »
Tried starting a new game with only Tamaka. Still no preg pics. Still as I said it's more of a mild annoyance than anything else

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #88 on: July 04, 2010, 06:00:22 PM »
Here's a thing to try. Get a dead girl in the dungeon, then go through to girl details with another dungeon girl. Release them one by one from the detail screen. I get a crash when there's only the dead girl left.

Offline halforc

« Reply #89 on: July 04, 2010, 07:29:20 PM »
Version r452, OS Windows 7x64.
3 times crash on choice "Your in the town of Crossgate" in special event.