Author Topic: Reporting Errors:  (Read 354994 times)

Offline BlackWolf Inc.

Re: Reporting Errors:
« Reply #120 on: February 04, 2014, 07:32:31 PM »
Alright it's working fine now.
Don't look at me like that! I found 'em that way....

Now no-one else has to die...
unless I think of another reason.

If found, please return to Miss Y. Rhul.

Offline Jaeke

« Reply #121 on: February 11, 2014, 08:46:56 AM »
Hard drive died so fresh install, but still using old picture archives, don't really wanna download several gb again. Changes are looking nice. Might do some typo checks soon.

Anyone reported this yet? On the way back from a beach date...

While running game code:
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - labels - girlinteractions.rpy", line 410, in script
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - labels - girlinteractions.rpy", line 475, in python
  File "game/library/be/engine.rpy", line 309, in python
  File "game/library/be/engine.rpy", line 617, in python
  File "game/library/be/engine.rpy", line 625, in python
  File "game/library/be/engine-schema.rpy", line 258, in python
  File "game/library/be/engine-schema.rpy", line 239, in python
  File "game/library/be/engine-fighters.rpy", line 645, in python
  File "game/library/be/engine-fighters.rpy", line 677, in python
  File "game/library/be/engine-skills.rpy", line 225, in python
  File "game/library/be/engine.rpy", line 448, in python
  File "game/library/be/engine-schema.rpy", line 362, in python
  File "game/library/be/engine-fighters.rpy", line 33, in python
AttributeError: 'FighterStats' object has no attribute 'Luck'

Hit ignore and...

While running game code:
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - labels - girlinteractions.rpy", line 483, in script
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - labels - girlinteractions.rpy", line 483, in python
NameError: name 'winner' is not defined

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #122 on: February 11, 2014, 08:57:51 AM »
Nope... I forgot that we even had the beach date :)

Gonna take a look at what's what there when I get to interactions.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Jaeke

« Reply #123 on: February 12, 2014, 03:09:07 AM »
Just sync'd and updated.

On startup.
ScriptError: Name u'events_not_found' is defined twice: at game/library/events/classes - base events.rpy:237 and game/library/events/classes - events.rpy:237.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #124 on: February 12, 2014, 12:05:22 PM »
Just sync'd and updated.

On startup.
ScriptError: Name u'events_not_found' is defined twice: at game/library/events/classes - base events.rpy:237 and game/library/events/classes - events.rpy:237.

I seem this happened because I've renamed a number of files. You need to get rid of base event file and possibly one of the event files. To be honest, I half expected mercurial to take care of that, there must be an option in there somewhere...
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #125 on: February 12, 2014, 12:43:32 PM »
Same here. I had to redownload the whole game (not a big deal though, since packs are not affected) to get rid of it.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #126 on: February 12, 2014, 02:50:10 PM »
Same here. I had to redownload the whole game (not a big deal though, since packs are not affected) to get rid of it.

Right, I know very little about version control :(

Next time I'll mass rename files, will be on major code review post Alpha...
Like what we're doing?

Offline Jaeke

« Reply #127 on: February 14, 2014, 08:43:36 AM »
I fixed my previous problem by deleting all pytfall *.rpyc files. Probably should do that after every update. I do wonder if that caused some of these errors though...

There is a bug somewhere with how much experience you get per job. Nico just over 800000 for the day. And now they are refusing everyone and rep is taking a dive.
Strip job gives the establishment around 500 dirt. Had two strippers and it made it too dirty for anyone to work.
Does auto cleaning work?
On brothel summary thing - 'in total you got 300 gold in advertising fees'?
Is Celebrity advertising meant to disable itself?
What is security rating?

Workers don't seem to be going back to work after auto-resting.

Everyone seems to kill you in 1v1 with 1-2 hits of magic spells in arena. Wearing good gear too. In dogfights and survival.
MP doesn't regenerate for hero?
Tried to move with WASD in test forest exploration got some kind of screenshot error(I assume for S).

While running game code:
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - forest explore.rpy", line 5, in script
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - forest explore.rpy", line 5, in python
  File "game/library/classes - arena and exploration.rpy", line 85, in python
  File "renpy/common/00keymap.rpy", line 184, in python
  File "renpy/common/00keymap.rpy", line 187, in python
TypeError: 'int' object is not callable

Oh and can we get some sort of double click function or key press to equip items?
Have fun. :D

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #128 on: February 14, 2014, 12:03:53 PM »
I fixed my previous problem by deleting all pytfall *.rpyc files. Probably should do that after every update. I do wonder if that caused some of these errors though...

There is a bug somewhere with how much experience you get per job. Nico just over 800000 for the day. And now they are refusing everyone and rep is taking a dive.
Strip job gives the establishment around 500 dirt. Had two strippers and it made it too dirty for anyone to work.
Does auto cleaning work?

1) No, deleting bytecode files after an update will not ruin anything.

2) Experience bug... never encountered this during my personal testing (but you're testing more thoroughly than I). Since it doesn't cause a crash, I don't know how to fix this without more data. Also girls should not refuse anything because they have a lot of EXP... only when their ranks are huge.

3) Stripping job assumes a lot of clients watching, drinking, eating, cheering and etc. That's why it's so devastating... maybe we should dial this down or at least auto send in service girls if things get to dirty.

4) Last I've checked, auto-cleaning was working perfectly. That said, nothing in the game has been tested meticulously so there might be exceptions to that.

On brothel summary thing - 'in total you got 300 gold in advertising fees'?
Is Celebrity advertising meant to disable itself?
What is security rating?

Guess I was tired, it meant to say "got a bill of 300 gold" or paid 300.

Yes, Celebrity comes in to highlight your brothel once. It should be very expensive but I haven't checked is that is actually so.

Security rating is just what it sounds to be, a number between 0 - 1000. At 1000, attack events on your girls are almost non-existent and at 0 the chance of those is the highest. Also, especially early in the game, you can shake customers for good deal of money if they are caught and neutralized. But chancing harm to your girls when you got a good operation established is less appealing.

Security rating is directly effected by security presence bar in brothel management screen. Basically that is supposed to represent how much security personnel reveals themselves to the clients. Certain brothel upgrades will allow you to push it all the way to 100%. You can build up to the max rating really quickly that way. On the other hand, overaggressive security presence will not be welcome by some clients but not enough to really interfere with gaming experience.

Workers thing is a bug, I'll look into it tonight.

Everyone seems to kill you in 1v1 with 1-2 hits of magic spells in arena. Wearing good gear too. In dogfights and survival.
MP doesn't regenerate for hero?
Tried to move with WASD in test forest exploration got some kind of screenshot error(I assume for S).

Not everyone, you prolly just got some bad luck. At some point in the future, you'll be able to buy information on specific Arena combatants, for now, it's just guessing/ remembering from previous fights + you might get something out of their Arena reputation (there is a sorting bug there as well, I am aware of that). Magic is powerful in BE, maybe I'll dial it down a bit. Also, you may be getting bad breaks and even fighters close to your level, get a randomly assigned spell matching their alignment making it more powerful. This is balancing thing, I'll take a look into it at some point. Basically, with enough training, you can destroy everyone in the Arena, we've tested that.

Another thing, hero is NOT normalized, I went once over girls code, but never for MC so yeah, you get all the stats almost maxed out, there is very little items can do for you past that until you buff up your level (on higher levels, best items will have greatest effects).

Another Normalization thing... I'll take a look into it, health should not be fully restored either and quality of rest should depend on the location (street/brothel). I'll code that for both, hero and girls.

s == screenshot but it's broken due to a programming style used in Alkion and PyTFall. I have ideas on how to fix that and know how to disable that but it's never been a priority.

Oh and can we get some sort of double click function or key press to equip items?

I am afraid not, to the best of my knowledge, Ren'Py does not have a double click assignment, developers promised to look into that so I am not bothering with it myself. Simpler thing might be using right/middle mouse buttons to equip/use focused items. That I can arrange fairly quickly.

Have fun. :D

We usually do :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #129 on: February 14, 2014, 03:45:01 PM »

Holy crap... this is like the simplest Error and I STILL cannot figure it out... This sucks :(
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #130 on: February 14, 2014, 04:28:27 PM »
Found it... it's a scoping thing, I originally intended jobs to be functions, later Rudi turned those into classes, seemingly creating a number of issues that were not anticipated by the original setup. I am wondering why they were working before... going to take a look at History in Mercurial.

!@#$%^&*( There weren't any scoping errors, just a really weird leftover from ancient code... how the feck did it get there is the real question :(

Well, at least it's fixed. I'll update the game tomorrow, when there is something else added to it.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 05:09:45 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #131 on: February 15, 2014, 09:07:22 AM »
Loaded Cherry NGE pack into the game, met one of characters in the park, tried to meet her, got
While running game code:
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - town - city park.rpy", line 10, in script
ScriptError: could not find label 'ayanami_rei'.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #132 on: February 15, 2014, 09:10:28 AM »
Loaded Cherry NGE pack into the game, met one of characters in the park, tried to meet her, got

Nothing I can do about that, he's likely making a custom meet script for her. You can change her location to "city" from whatever she is set to in the data.xml file and game will use default girlsmeets instead of looking for her unique encounter.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #133 on: February 15, 2014, 09:16:41 AM »
He has two files in his db, pyt - labels - girlsmeets.rpy and pyt - screens - girlsmeets.rpy. Maybe I have to put them somewhere?

Also, just noticed that when you click on girl's image during "Meet girls" phase, all 3 (sometimes two for some reason) girls pictures temporarily change. A bug or something?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #134 on: February 15, 2014, 09:22:22 AM »
Also, just noticed that when you click on girl's image during "Meet girls" phase, all 3 (sometimes two for some reason) girls pictures temporarily change. A bug or something?

Nope, the once we have on SF are more recent than that.

Thought that was gone... It happens in several locations throughout the game but I don't recall it bothering girlsmeets, I'll take a look before starting with MC.
Like what we're doing?