Author Topic: Reporting Errors:  (Read 351982 times)

Offline DarkTl

Re: Reporting Errors:
« Reply #135 on: February 15, 2014, 09:59:50 AM »
In the park if you exit it by pressing the cross on the second screen, birds singing sound will play forever.

Upd. Ok, I think something is wrong. I run the game dozens of times, and I keep meeting the very same characters over and over, while others are pretty much unavailable, I'm even not sure if they are in the game at all.

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #136 on: February 15, 2014, 10:41:31 AM »
Upd. Ok, I think something is wrong. I run the game dozens of times, and I keep meeting the very same characters over and over, while others are pretty much unavailable, I'm even not sure if they are in the game at all.
Yup, this is happening. It's caused by location trait preferences I believe - I usually find new girls only in "Park Gates", because that location doesn't have any.
--------------
I updated my link, so unfinished packs will not show there anymore. Sorry for that.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #137 on: February 15, 2014, 10:49:01 AM »
Preferences are too strict then, especially since we don't have enough locations for every single trait yet. Maybe they should work only for one-two girls out of three for now.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #138 on: February 15, 2014, 11:13:58 AM »
Oki, Park is fixed.

There was a small issue with girlsmeets where both, second and third girl were randomly chosen instead of the second girl being set to an unique girl, I took that out. For the rest, code seems sound so yeah... it's traits/occupations.

I'll be back in couple of hours and try to do some more coding, otherwise, today was mostly fixing bugs and improving code but I managed to take care of a number of lasting issues, so that's good at least :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline Totl

« Reply #139 on: February 15, 2014, 11:34:39 AM »
Hi  got a bug from the newest version fresh install

File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - girlprofile.rpy", line 854: expected a keyword argument, colon, or end of line.
    text "{color=[purple]}{size=30}{b}{font=fonts/Parka36.ttf}%s"%chr.element.split(" ")[0] align(0.1, 0.1)
                                                                                                  ^

File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - heroprofile.rpy", line 230: expected a keyword argument, colon, or end of line.
    text "{color=[purple]}{size=30}{b}{font=fonts/Parka36.ttf}%s"%hero.element.split(" ")[0] align(0.1, 0.1)
                                                                                                  ^

File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - mainscreen.rpy", line 54: expected a keyword argument, colon, or end of line.
    text "{font=fonts/rubius.ttf}{size=25}%s"%calendar.weekday() pos (100, 45)
                                                                  ^

Tried to fix it but nothing I did worked any Ideas?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #140 on: February 15, 2014, 01:34:52 PM »
Hi  got a bug from the newest version fresh install

File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - girlprofile.rpy", line 854: expected a keyword argument, colon, or end of line.
    text "{color=[purple]}{size=30}{b}{font=fonts/Parka36.ttf}%s"%chr.element.split(" ")[0] align(0.1, 0.1)
                                                                                                  ^

File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - heroprofile.rpy", line 230: expected a keyword argument, colon, or end of line.
    text "{color=[purple]}{size=30}{b}{font=fonts/Parka36.ttf}%s"%hero.element.split(" ")[0] align(0.1, 0.1)
                                                                                                  ^

File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - mainscreen.rpy", line 54: expected a keyword argument, colon, or end of line.
    text "{font=fonts/rubius.ttf}{size=25}%s"%calendar.weekday() pos (100, 45)
                                                                  ^

Tried to fix it but nothing I did worked any Ideas?

Update Ren'Py. Preferably to PreRelease channel (Can be set in Ren'Py options).
Like what we're doing?

Offline Totl

« Reply #141 on: February 15, 2014, 02:56:30 PM »
thanks that got me back in
but now when I click start game I get
-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File pytfall\renpy-6.16.5-sdk\renpy\execution.py", line 294, in run
    node.execute()
  File pytfall\renpy-6.16.5-sdk\renpy\ast.py", line 732, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "pytfall\renpy-6.16.5-sdk\renpy\python.py", line 1358, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/script.rpy", line 154, in <module>
    tagdb = TagDatabase.from_json([jsonfiles, rg_jsonfiles])
  File "game/library/classes - tags.rpy", line 32, in from_json
    taglist = imgmap[imgpath]
TypeError: list indices must be integers, not Unicode

any guess which file is messed up?
 I downloaded the new girls file from the how to download page yesterday as well as the image packs for SAO, King of fighters, Lodoss war , Queens Blade, Seikan_Densetsu , Soukou 
as well as random adventurer, priest , sage, soldier
and put them with my existing files that came from the original mega download

I've tried deleting the new files one at a time to see I could find the offending file but that didn't work

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #142 on: February 15, 2014, 03:00:45 PM »
Thought that was gone... It happens in several locations throughout the game but I don't recall it bothering girlsmeets, I'll take a look before starting with MC.
Btw sometimes it happens after you close meeting screen before returning to the city map.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #143 on: February 15, 2014, 03:19:35 PM »
any guess which file is messed up?
 I downloaded the new girls file from the how to download page yesterday as well as the image packs for SAO, King of fighters, Lodoss war , Queens Blade, Seikan_Densetsu , Soukou 
as well as random adventurer, priest , sage, soldier
and put them with my existing files that came from the original mega download

I've tried deleting the new files one at a time to see I could find the offending file but that didn't work

I don't think any of the files is messed up, it's more likely that you have one of the girls in the main char/rchar directory.

Paths to files are expected to be:

content/char/Naruto/data.xml
etc..

content/rchar/forest_elves/data.json
etc..

You prolly have one of the girls in the content/rchar/data.json folder or something alogn those lines.

Btw sometimes it happens after you close meeting screen before returning to the city map.

Right... It's less annoying so I'll prolly leave fixing that till the post Alpha or just use normal cache. I didn't expect my new labeled cache to come with this many issues... The switch to girlsmeets thing is already fixed.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Totl

« Reply #144 on: February 15, 2014, 04:11:09 PM »
I found it there is an error somewhere in the Priest , soldier & sage as soon as I deleted those directories the game loaded

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #145 on: February 15, 2014, 04:27:41 PM »
I found it there is an error somewhere in the Priest , soldier & sage as soon as I deleted those directories the game loaded

Strange things do happen... but I still think you've simply had them in main rchars folder. There is no reason for them to throw that error, no matter what version of those packs you've got.

If there are no random girls left, game will be very empty...
Like what we're doing?

Offline BlackWolf Inc.

« Reply #146 on: February 15, 2014, 05:48:31 PM »
Try putting them in a subfolder in rgirls, call the folder DQ or something. If their in a subfolder it shouldn't throw that error at you
Don't look at me like that! I found 'em that way....

Now no-one else has to die...
unless I think of another reason.

If found, please return to Miss Y. Rhul.

Offline Jaeke

« Reply #147 on: February 15, 2014, 11:08:47 PM »
I can barely read the dark blue writing on the brown background for strip job, just me?

Do we no longer have the option to restrict the the types of acts they will do, like normal/lesbian/buttsechs etc? Or am I looking the in the wrong place - girl control.

I believe the experience bug might be related to equipped items. Succubus'Wardress is a possible culprit.

Rapidly trying to go through the days causes the game to freeze up.

Is it intentional to be able to increase Hero AP with constitution boosting items?

While trying to hire some random 'meet girls' girl in the dark forest(after 12 days of asking her where she likes to hang out...).
While running game code:
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - labels - girlsmeets.rpy", line 175, in script
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - labels - girlsmeets.rpy", line 187, in python
NameError: name 'girlsskills' is not defined
ignore and
While running game code:
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - labels - girlsmeets.rpy", line 194, in script
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - labels - girlsmeets.rpy", line 194, in python
NameError: name 'mod_chance' is not defined
more ignoring
While running game code:
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - labels - girlsmeets.rpy", line 215, in script
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - labels - girlsmeets.rpy", line 218, in python

Click 1v1 arena dogfight/ladder fight.
While running game code:
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - arena_inside.rpy", line 9, in script
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - arena_inside.rpy", line 9, in python
  File "game/library/classes - arena and exploration.rpy", line 899, in python
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - arena_inside.rpy", line 433, in python
  File "game/library/classes - characters.rpy", line 1973, in python
TypeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute '__getitem__'

on winning a 1v1 match fight(with a fire arrow for 700 damage...)
While running game code:
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - arena_inside.rpy", line 1047, in python

Some creatures do not get a turn while you get almost 10 in a row(stone eater, slime). Did 1288 to a goblin archer in one non-crit sword hit.
It is difficult to see the attribute/exp gains after the fight - the small red font that scrolls up while becoming invisible.

Daily report fade in and out is a bit too slow.
Goblin warrior and shaman have the same sprite.
Are all the health values in beastiary meant to be 100?
Fire arrows in 1v1 ftw. Fire arrows everywhere ftw actually. 1000-21000 damage. Even against Lava elementals. Yep, fire arrows.

Actually won a survival contest. 'congratulations, you're the king of the hill,' and it gave me a faerie gown... very kingly. Other times got spirit defender, aromatic pendant. Finally! Excalibur!
Made it to level 6.
No options button on arena screen. Intentional?

Well, those are my thoughts.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #148 on: February 16, 2014, 01:41:54 AM »
^That's right, we should rename fire arrow to vorpal blast or something  :)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #149 on: February 16, 2014, 06:36:28 AM »
I can barely read the dark blue writing on the brown background for strip job, just me?

I am horrible with graphic design and usually have trouble to envision how stuff will look in the game while coding. Handling it case per case will take to long so we'll take care of it in one sweet or maybe someone artistically inclined will show up.

Do we no longer have the option to restrict the the types of acts they will do, like normal/lesbian/buttsechs etc? Or am I looking the in the wrong place - girl control.

I believe the experience bug might be related to equipped items. Succubus'Wardress is a possible culprit.

I don't believe it was working in the past so I removed it until post Alpha.

Items code is ancient and poorly designed so it's possible, going to test that tonight.

Rapidly trying to go through the days causes the game to freeze up.

Is it intentional to be able to increase Hero AP with constitution boosting items?

Wasn't able to replicate that... must have something to do with clearing memory.

Yeap, AP are bound to constitution.

While trying to hire some random 'meet girls' girl in the dark forest(after 12 days of asking her where she likes to hang out...).
While running game code:
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - labels - girlsmeets.rpy", line 175, in script
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - labels - girlsmeets.rpy", line 187, in python
NameError: name 'girlsskills' is not defined
ignore and
While running game code:
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - labels - girlsmeets.rpy", line 194, in script
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - labels - girlsmeets.rpy", line 194, in python
more ignoring
While running game code:
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - labels - girlsmeets.rpy", line 215, in script
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - labels - girlsmeets.rpy", line 218, in python

Click 1v1 arena dogfight/ladder fight.
While running game code:
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - arena_inside.rpy", line 433, in python

on winning a 1v1 match fight(with a fire arrow for 700 damage...)
While running game code:
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - arena_inside.rpy", line 1047, in python

All easy to fix (I do love errors that actually throw errors :) ).

Some creatures do not get a turn while you get almost 10 in a row(stone eater, slime). Did 1288 to a goblin archer in one non-crit sword hit.
It is difficult to see the attribute/exp gains after the fight - the small red font that scrolls up while becoming invisible.

I am fairly sure they are all randomized. I see little point in implementing draw them otherwise.

Another design thing...

Daily report fade in and out is a bit too slow.
Goblin warrior and shaman have the same sprite.
Are all the health values in beastiary meant to be 100?
Fire arrows in 1v1 ftw. Fire arrows everywhere ftw actually. 1000-21000 damage. Even against Lava elementals. Yep, fire arrows.

Design... but I'll dial it down when I see the arena code next time.

Dark's domain.

Yes, unless some mob should be super healthy or wounded. Basically, those are relative stats, depending on difficulty of combat, game will multiply them and monsters strengths/weaknesses will me maintained.

Fire Arrow is tweaked for testing, it is not supposed to be that strong.

Actually won a survival contest. 'congratulations, you're the king of the hill,' and it gave me a faerie gown... very kingly. Other times got spirit defender, aromatic pendant. Finally! Excalibur!
Made it to level 6.
No options button on arena screen. Intentional?

Design thing, I don't have time to handpick items and forgot to ask Dark if he was willing to do that. Right now you just get an expensive item at random.

Level 6 of what?

No options button anywhere except for the main screen.
Like what we're doing?