devolution

Author Topic: Reporting Errors:  (Read 352437 times)

Offline DarkTl

Re: Reporting Errors:
« Reply #150 on: February 16, 2014, 07:17:24 AM »
Yup, fixed Goblin shaman. Sprites are already there, only mobs.json in my db is new.

I don't have time to handpick items and forgot to ask Dark if he was willing to do that.
They all have a relatively well balanced cost. What else could you need to determine item's power?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #151 on: February 16, 2014, 10:31:55 AM »
Yup, fixed Goblin shaman. Sprites are already there, only mobs.json in my db is new.
They all have a relatively well balanced cost. What else could you need to determine item's power?

What I meant in this case, was for example a list of items that you'd think would be a good bet for winning the chainfight vs mobs. Like Fairy gown is an odd price, while Excalibur seems like a decent one (Unless it's the best sword in the game), beast fights are not supposed to be super hard but not super easy either.

You can do an insane amount of stuff (not only for the arena) if you just prepare me data in Json... Since we're talking about beast-fight, you can easily setup levels, themed levels (like female-like opponents, trolls of some kind or vs slime) or even a master fight with some kickass monster with a huge multiplier as a boss (I remember you have some sort of an under there).

It's prolly more useful and entertaining than making packs... maybe even events of some sorts.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Jaeke

« Reply #152 on: February 16, 2014, 11:05:03 AM »
Oh dont matter too much about the faerie gown/survival reward bit, was just being silly.
And I mean I played arena until hero was lvl 6, 18000 xp at 50xp per win and roughly a 300xp bonus for completing survival. Much time, very wow. Two enemies in the beastiary were still blacked out. The harpy like one that isn't the vixen or hag(just got it, and it was just the plain old harpy), and a warrior one with a sword who isn't the samurai or soldier. Got hero to level 8 and still have not seen it.

Do small weapons have a purpose?Concealable for game stuff yet to be added? Just stat boosts? Or do fighters have different resistances for different weapon types.
Player hero doesn't show up on reputation ladder?
On Hero finance report I have an income called wages.
Does Place Hero (in brothel) work properly? I've seen the hero join the fight only once recently.

Can I hire free girls from somewhere? Or is that all 'meet girls' related.
Can slaves be freed and vice versa?
Girls always bonk you when you chat with them in interact, even if disposition is -50.

Nico costs -5 in upkeep. Some random service slimegirl slave costs nearly 300.
Why do free girls have upkeep? Is upkeep there to be expanded upon, like if free girls live in your establishment.
Does it tell you their daily wage anywhere?
I've noticed a geared up servicegirl can bring in 1000'ish gold from one job.
Do strippers earn money directly or just have a chance to boost the income of whores?
There is an enormous XP gain per job increase when a girl ranks up. Xp gain also seems to be based on stats.
Rank 1 with low stats, 50 xp, rank 3 with higher stats, 8000xp.

The job restrictions seemed to work in earlier builds. Perhaps I was mistaken. It's still there for service girls and it works, was going to get an army of cleaning girls because I imagine its cheaper than paying 1500 for pro cleaning every day, but I got the following

Slave market.
While running game code:
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - slavemarket.rpy", line 73, in script
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - slavemarket.rpy", line 76, in python
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - slavemarket.rpy", line 391, in python
  File "game/library/classes - characters.rpy", line 1973, in python
TypeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute '__getitem__'

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #153 on: February 16, 2014, 11:07:42 AM »
I believe the experience bug might be related to equipped items. Succubus'Wardress is a possible culprit.

I wasn't able to replicated this. Next day seems to be working more or less fine at my end as well.

Going to try to make sure that all characters living in Brothels get some health/fatigue restored even if they're not resting or have any Ap left and create a penalty for slaves who do not (I'll exclude free girls from such penalty since they can have a place of their own but we currently do not have any code to support that).
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #154 on: February 16, 2014, 11:15:33 AM »
What I meant in this case, was for example a list of items that you'd think would be a good bet for winning the chainfight vs mobs.
Give me format of file for a start if you want it in json, otherwise I'll make a txt list tomorrow.

Since we're talking about beast-fight, you can easily setup levels, themed levels (like female-like opponents, trolls of some kind or vs slime) or even a master fight with some kickass monster with a huge multiplier as a boss (I remember you have some sort of an under there).
I don't understand what do you mean by levels here. Besides, here specific format of file is needed as well.

Offline Jaeke

« Reply #155 on: February 16, 2014, 11:19:21 AM »
The experience weirdness is definitely related to the succubus dress thing, it doesn't happen after one day. It seems to add xp from the previous action onto current one or something. I'm not really sure, just put it on a few girls and test it for about 50 days.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #156 on: February 16, 2014, 11:39:09 AM »
Oh dont matter too much about the faerie gown/survival reward bit, was just being silly.
And I mean I played arena until hero was lvl 6, 18000 xp at 50xp per win and roughly a 300xp bonus for completing survival. Much time, very wow. Two enemies in the beastiary were still blacked out. The harpy like one that isn't the vixen or hag(just got it, and it was just the plain old harpy), and a warrior one with a sword who isn't the samurai or soldier. Got hero to level 8 and still have not seen it.

Random... like I've said. I would actually prefer not to have every possible mob in the arena when the game is more mature.

Do small weapons have a purpose?Concealable for game stuff yet to be added? Just stat boosts? Or do fighters have different resistances for different weapon types.
Player hero doesn't show up on reputation ladder?
On Hero finance report I have an income called wages.
Does Place Hero (in brothel) work properly? I've seen the hero join the fight only once recently.

In WM, girls can carry small weapons with them during jobs, large weapons would be a big no-no.

He should but I don't think it's being updated properly (Flag this us a bug).

Girls wages, finances system is working well, still there are some bugs to be taken care of.

Prolly a bug (after location became property but not likely) or you are spending ALL of his AP every round, he needs one per encounter to defend the business.

Can I hire free girls from somewhere? Or is that all 'meet girls' related.
Can slaves be freed and vice versa?
Girls always bonk you when you chat with them in interact, even if disposition is -50.

Not yet, something like a recruitment agency is planned but not implemented. There will be more options in girlsmeets as well.

No, will be a complicated system one day but pointless before slavetraining.

Interactions are BEYOND ancient. I would not pay any mind to them for now.

Nico costs -5 in upkeep. Some random service slimegirl slave costs nearly 300.
Why do free girls have upkeep? Is upkeep there to be expanded upon, like if free girls live in your establishment.
Does it tell you their daily wage anywhere?
I've noticed a geared up servicegirl can bring in 1000'ish gold from one job.
Do strippers earn money directly or just have a chance to boost the income of whores?
There is an enormous XP gain per job increase when a girl ranks up. Xp gain also seems to be based on stats.
Rank 1 with low stats, 50 xp, rank 3 with higher stats, 8000xp.

Dark and CW thought that was a good idea, traits/items that can have an effect on items.

Yes, it is, payout should be effected as well. But all girls require some form of an upkeep, it's just should be a lot less for free girls than for slaves. Famous stripper or courtesan will be demanding of specific work conditions, at least that was my line of thinking about the matter.

In the brothel, it's being tracked, just not reported. I've noticed it as well (Flagging us bug).

As for service girls/strippers... I was stupid enough to try and simulate proper work environment but ended up with confusing code and questions :) Basically, in most games, all jobs are pretty liniar, you get some cash, text, events and that's it. In PyTFall Strippers only earn tips that you can either keep or leave them BUT they fill the club with customers. If you have enough service girls, they will make a killing from those customers. Strippers also have a decent effect on customer satisfaction, but quality of service girls will have an effect on that as well. Simply put, strippers are bloody useless without service girls to serve drinks and snacks... Service girl can at least clean the building spotless if they didn't have clients to serve.

XP gain is linear to a level. It would be very difficult to write a proper leveling up system otherwise so we've simplified it until one could be calculated.

Rank is taken from the original SimBrothel and only exists for Prostitutes.

======
I'll push a quick fix for the Errors you've been getting since I doubt that there'll be time for much else tonight.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #157 on: February 16, 2014, 11:44:15 AM »
Give me format of file for a start if you want it in json, otherwise I'll make a txt list tomorrow.
I don't understand what do you mean by levels here. Besides, here specific format of file is needed as well.

I meant a completely different file obviously. You are logical so you can construct one yourself, as long as it's a Json.

Just names of mobs - rewards - min multiplier and per fighting round multiplier and so on. Like before starting a chainfight you get a menu asking you what kind you like. You can database those kinds with json and I'll put them into the game.

The experience weirdness is definitely related to the succubus dress thing, it doesn't happen after one day. It seems to add xp from the previous action onto current one or something. I'm not really sure, just put it on a few girls and test it for about 50 days.

If you say so... still it's odd :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #158 on: February 16, 2014, 11:45:11 AM »
Done, pull and errors you've reported earlier should be gone.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #159 on: February 16, 2014, 12:13:08 PM »
So, you mean pre prepared chainfights with predetermined mobs and rewards?

What about multiplier? How does it work (if works) right now?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #160 on: February 16, 2014, 12:49:54 PM »
So, you mean pre prepared chainfights with predetermined mobs and rewards?

What about multiplier? How does it work (if works) right now?

Yeah, you don't actually have to prep ear all stages, maybe just a list of mobs to be chozen from randomly and a specified boss with rewards.

Multiplier is super simple. Every time a new stage starts, all monsters become stronger, like lets say, you've making a seriously challenging setup. Initial multiplier = 2.0 and + 0.3 every round and additional + 1.0 for the boss. Only a monstrous MC would be able to beat that... All the relative stats you've setup for mobs will be increased with every round and you'd get a monster boss of similar strength to Arena King. You can just write names of items to be randomly chosen from as rewards or/and Gold rewards.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #161 on: February 16, 2014, 12:56:18 PM »
Ok, but it doesn't explain multiplier mechanics. What is 2.0 multiplayer? Mob level = Player level * 2 or something?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #162 on: February 16, 2014, 01:35:41 PM »
Ok, but it doesn't explain multiplier mechanics. What is 2.0 multiplayer? Mob level = Player level * 2 or something?

No, that would make them almost impossible to defeat. Like we've agreed, all mobs were constructed based on relative strength, like a Troll might have strength of 80 and magic of 0 and Wraith magic of 90 and strength of 5 so it just takes their base stats and multiplies those preserving their strengths and weaknesses in relative proportions.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Jaeke

« Reply #163 on: February 17, 2014, 09:49:35 AM »
Hey, I'm not sure I understand how item Max stat bonus works.
Had a slime girl guard with -5/-5 agility. That basically makes her useless so gave her 3 +30 agility/+30 max agility rings and all the ninja gear that adds to agility/max agility,
New stats after items equipped are 25/25 agility. Should be at 100+. I don't understand.
edit* Is 25/25 the limit for a level 1 character?

Also, bought all the girls at the market trying to find someone who wasn't yin yang neutral or spiky yin yang neutral and game doesn't let you do anything after last girl is bought. I assume it's because it wants you to click the back button, but the market screen disappears and it will also not let you click the X.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 09:57:39 AM by Jaeke »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #164 on: February 17, 2014, 11:11:31 AM »
Hey, I'm not sure I understand how item Max stat bonus works.
Had a slime girl guard with -5/-5 agility. That basically makes her useless so gave her 3 +30 agility/+30 max agility rings and all the ninja gear that adds to agility/max agility,
New stats after items equipped are 25/25 agility. Should be at 100+. I don't understand.
edit* Is 25/25 the limit for a level 1 character?

There are two caps for stats (some stats are excluded from this):

Level Maximum

Maximum

Maximum is being modified by traits and items. Level Maximum is at the moment absolute and cannot be changed without scripting or leveling up.

On level-ups, all girls will gain:

Level Maximum + 5

Maximum + 2

Agility capped at 25|25 is actually a poor example being partly a battlestat...

Better example might be for example charisma, capped by 60|100 so as you advance in levels, items and traits will become more important because after you break the meeting point of both maxes they will actually push the real maximum of your stats.

System is not properly balanced but seems sound, at least to me :) Since player is not supposed to start with insane amount of gold, expensive items will be out of reach for a while anyway. And this way, any girl cannot be turned into one of the best in your employment/ownership just by throwing on a pretty gown. They'll have to work for it and learn stuff or at least go through some scripted event.

Also, bought all the girls at the market trying to find someone who wasn't yin yang neutral or spiky yin yang neutral and game doesn't let you do anything after last girl is bought. I assume it's because it wants you to click the back button, but the market screen disappears and it will also not let you click the X.

A bug I have not anticipated when moving SM, I will prolly have 2 hours to work on the game tonight so I'll try to fix this and Arena ladder sorting.
Like what we're doing?