Author Topic: Reporting Errors:  (Read 355619 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: Reporting Errors:
« Reply #255 on: February 22, 2014, 10:15:10 AM »
Just pushed a fix for service girls bug and the bug CW found.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Jaeke

« Reply #256 on: February 22, 2014, 04:38:32 PM »
Where did my sexy man warrior MCs go? There is a weird... feather thing on the list too.
There is some weirdness when making your name, one overwrites another and one doesn't accept the name you put in.
Name overwrites all.
Nickname works unless you change name later.
Full name doesn't do anything.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #257 on: February 22, 2014, 04:49:34 PM »
Where did my sexy man warrior MCs go? There is a weird... feather thing on the list too.

Lmao, scroll for more sprites :)

There is some weirdness when making your name, one overwrites another and one doesn't accept the name you put in.
Name overwrites all.
Nickname works unless you change name later.
Full name doesn't do anything.

Name is supposed to, not everyone wants to enter stuff 3 times. I'll fix fullname on the next push.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Jaeke

« Reply #258 on: February 22, 2014, 06:48:23 PM »
Yep, it's possible to get -arena rep from dogfights.
Crits are nasty now that battles aren't over in 1-2 turns, I like it. Hp is still super important.
Playing a bit of 2v2, I noticed some teams have an uber strong char and a 1 melee hit=dead weak char.
I think the damage scaling/multiplier might be a bit aggressive for large variances in stats.
Debug info in arena fights would be a boon. Their hp/mp/stats/affinities/gear(?).
I didn't do much magic testing, but because magic costs MP, melee class is currently better at low levels. Damage seems similar to melee. Not sure how much better magic gets once your mag gets higher. But there is no defence against it right?(Defence seems to lower magic damage) So it should increase in usefulness as you get more powerful. Also, affinities.

I hate that items increase a girls wages, I make my team wear slave rags and arm/leg shackles before end of day to cut costs... :-[
Arena wins get added to a girls wages in her daily report, but she'll get fkn pissed if you set her wages to 0%, even if she earned 500 from arena.

Edit** That character creation scrollbar is nearly invisible, I completely missed it the first time. Nice selection of chars! But there is no indicator for the one you have selected.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 07:27:40 PM by Jaeke »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #259 on: February 23, 2014, 03:24:05 AM »
Yep, it's possible to get -arena rep from dogfights.
Crits are nasty now that battles aren't over in 1-2 turns, I like it. Hp is still super important.

When you win? If you loose it might happen by design, if it's on win, it's an easy to fix bug.

No kidding... shouldn't health be important???

Playing a bit of 2v2, I noticed some teams have an uber strong char and a 1 melee hit=dead weak char.
I think the damage scaling/multiplier might be a bit aggressive for large variances in stats.

That could happen. They are not sorted into teams based on strength.

Dark's territory but I would prefer it aggressive at least for some setups.

Debug info in arena fights would be a boon. Their hp/mp/stats/affinities/gear(?).
I didn't do much magic testing, but because magic costs MP, melee class is currently better at low levels. Damage seems similar to melee. Not sure how much better magic gets once your mag gets higher. But there is no defence against it right?(Defence seems to lower magic damage) So it should increase in usefulness as you get more powerful. Also, affinities.

Defence is exactly the same on both. Magic can get more powerful than melee at the moment if you match alignment to spell. Even more powerful if you pick an enemy with opposite alignment. But most of stategizing like that is impossible due to the lack of content (no spellscroll to learn magic from, no quest to gain an alignment, no way of finding out what alignment enemy has).

I hate that items increase a girls wages, I make my team wear slave rags and arm/leg shackles before end of day to cut costs... :-[
Arena wins get added to a girls wages in her daily report, but she'll get fkn pissed if you set her wages to 0%, even if she earned 500 from arena.

Hmm... ok. Personally, I would love girls wage not to be dependent on her stats. It is even a bit counter-intuitive. But we've decided to balance out the game post-beta. Maybe I should come up with base price ranges for all services and calculate wage from that.

Bug? I thought it depended on how much she earned, not the payment bar...

Edit** That character creation scrollbar is nearly invisible, I completely missed it the first time. Nice selection of chars! But there is no indicator for the one you have selected.

I kinda like it :) We'll change it on the major screen review or do away with this screen all together for now it'll do. I'll look into finding some way to indicate your choice.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #260 on: February 23, 2014, 05:50:05 AM »
Defence is exactly the same on both. Magic can get more powerful than melee at the moment if you match alignment to spell.
You should try to make it 1/2 or 1/3 of the current defence.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #261 on: February 23, 2014, 05:53:32 AM »
You should try to make it 1/2 or 1/3 of the current defence.

Nah, it'll make magic to powerful. It already is since it can hit at 2.0 multiplier for as long as you have MP and proper spell, not mentioning the alignment bonuses.

I'll see if I can fix some of the bugs Jaeke mentioned...
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #262 on: February 23, 2014, 07:08:26 AM »
Yeah, but I dislike that defence protects from both weapon and magic.
Maybe it should be (defence+intelligence)/2 or something...

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #263 on: February 23, 2014, 07:14:44 AM »
Yeah, but I dislike that defence protects from both weapon and magic.
Maybe it should be (defence+intelligence)/2 or something...

We'd have to include intelligence as be stat. It's for the Alpha, we'll do better for the beta.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #264 on: February 23, 2014, 08:42:52 AM »
I was fighting with goblins and gave up at some point.
While running game code:
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - arena_inside.rpy", line 5, in script
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - arena_inside.rpy", line 984, in python
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'show'

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #265 on: February 23, 2014, 08:59:12 AM »
I was fighting with goblins and gave up at some point.

Weird... I am not 100% sure how that could happen other than that there wasn't enough time to make a deep copy of the mob and screen was launched before that.

I'll add 0.1 secs pause to allow for calculations to complete, maybe that'll fix it. I had similar issues with renpy screens before, for some reason it doesn't even seem to depend on actual cpu power. There must be something at work here that I haven't learned yet about python/renpy and cannot anticipate.

Maybe there is another explanation... I've cleared the negative arena rep on the win bug. Now going to look at wages thing Jaeke reported, but it's going slow since I've had a couple of beers watching the hokey finals :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #266 on: February 23, 2014, 09:08:56 AM »
Actually, looks like any give up will result in that error. I never gave up before  :)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #267 on: February 23, 2014, 09:11:10 AM »
Actually, looks like any give up will result in that error. I never gave up before  :)

Aah, ok, I'll take a look at it from that perspective :)

Something broke when switching to new system.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #268 on: February 23, 2014, 09:16:08 AM »
We still have that old sprite for MC at items transfer screen. Since we now even have portraits, we should use them there.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #269 on: February 23, 2014, 09:19:27 AM »
We still have that old sprite for MC at items transfer screen. Since we now even have portraits, we should use them there.

Thanks. I've fixed the error of game crashing on giving up.

Old sprite will be fixed with the next release as well (will do that now, it's super easy). This occurs because I took shortcuts and referenced PC's picture directly instead of using the show method, this isn't the first time it has happened.
Like what we're doing?