Author Topic: Reporting Errors:  (Read 352156 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: Reporting Errors:
« Reply #270 on: February 23, 2014, 09:50:52 AM »
Bug? I thought it depended on how much she earned, not the payment bar...

@ Jaeke:

I need more context than you've provided. The code as it stands now only accounts for how much the girl expected to receive based on her stats and what she actually earned. Can you confirm girls being unhappy with what they get from the Arena while it is more than the wage they expect?

I'll have to do a battery of testing of my own to get to the bottom of that if that is the case.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Jaeke

« Reply #271 on: February 23, 2014, 12:16:31 PM »
Haven't confirmed that joy bug, perhaps I was mistaken, it couldn't be related to taking damage in arena fights could it? Being on low hp for next day? Hmm just semi tested, not likely either, I'm not sure what it was then.
I turned her wages to 0%-50% after she started getting enough in arena, noticed her joy was almost 0 some time later, turned wages back up to full, joy went back up.
We won all fights, but perhaps some of them didn't pay enough. Sorry for the goose chase.

Also, haven't updated yet but upon load save game, trying to change hero weapon.

While running game code:
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - heroprofile.rpy", line 7, in script
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - heroprofile.rpy", line 7, in python
  File "game/library/classes - support.rpy", line 902, in python
  File "game/library/functions.rpy", line 551, in python
  File "game/library/classes - characters.rpy", line 918, in python
  File "game/library/classes - characters.rpy", line 1086, in python
KeyError: 'RodAttack'

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #272 on: February 23, 2014, 12:43:29 PM »
Also, haven't updated yet but upon load save game, trying to change hero weapon.

While running game code:

Cannot replicate. Saving works fine, I need more context or a save-file (latter might not work if you have more character but it might for hero profile screen).

Did you save with quicksave button or clicked right mouse button for the menu?

PS: I know that Casanova is bugged, will be fixed with the next release.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Jaeke

« Reply #273 on: February 23, 2014, 12:59:51 PM »
It was a real right click save. Should be in my dropbox.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #274 on: February 23, 2014, 01:19:16 PM »
It was a real right click save. Should be in my dropbox.

Not going to work... I cannot load your save because path is set to a local drive. Another thing I might have to look at during the code review... it would be useful to be able to load save for debugging, not sure if it justifies the amount of code that would have to be rewritten to get it done.

Did you save inside of a hero profile or main screen?
Like what we're doing?

Offline Jaeke

« Reply #275 on: February 23, 2014, 01:39:16 PM »
Main screen, I think, but possibly in arena or in hero screen as I had definitely saved after a battle. Loaded it up later, was trying to remove archmage staff.

Here's the full traceback in case that helps.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "C:\renpy-6.16.5-sdk\renpy\execution.py", line 294, in run
    node.execute()
  File "C:\renpy-6.16.5-sdk\renpy\ast.py", line 720, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\renpy-6.16.5-sdk\renpy\python.py", line 1358, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - heroprofile.rpy", line 7, in <module>
    $ pytfall.hp.screen_loop()
  File "game/library/classes - support.rpy", line 902, in screen_loop
    equip_item(self.item, hero)
  File "game/library/functions.rpy", line 551, in equip_item
    chr.equip(item)
  File "game/library/classes - characters.rpy", line 918, in equip
    self.remove_item_effects(self.eqslots[item.slot])
  File "game/library/classes - characters.rpy", line 1086, in remove_item_effects
    del self.battle_skills[item.attack]
  File "C:\renpy-6.16.5-sdk\renpy\python.py", line 487, in do_mutation
    return method(self, *args, **kwargs)

I'm off for a bit, I'll see if i can duplicate it tomorrow.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #276 on: February 23, 2014, 01:43:22 PM »
I'm off for a bit, I'll see if i can duplicate it tomorrow.

Ok, I can remove this particular bug (actually prevent it from happening, not really remove it) but the real problem lies elsewhere...

PS: I don't think it's battle related either.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Jaeke

« Reply #277 on: February 23, 2014, 11:51:33 PM »
 :( Couldn't duplicate that error after some quick tests.

Now on to some trivial stuff not worth your time. ;D
I was still not having the goblin shaman show up in battles, so changed mobs.json file to have shgobl.png for shaman, decided to go through some more files and noticed some spelling errors.

In traits.xml  If I were to change these would that break every reference to them? Or does it auto update all references? I added the comment bits...
<trait
        id="Exhibitionnist" #Exhibitionist

<trait
        id="Dependant" #Dependent(opposite of independent), dependant makes me think they are someones child/underage/someones responsibility.

Also - this description is incorrect.
    <trait
        id="Heavy Drinker" #Alchoholic? Needs alcohol to get through the day? The description seems to suggest they are a lightweight/cadbury.
        desc="She just can't hold her liquor." #She drinks a lot/She loves a drink? Can't hold liquor means you get drunk easily, feel the effects easier.
        temp='0'>

<trait
        id="Edgy"
        desc="This girl is very nervous and jumpy."
        temp='0'>

Technically correct, but I associate edgy with being 'at the forefront of a trend; experimental or avant-garde.' Doing something different/controversial. Am I the only one?
How about one of these.
tense, nervous, on edge, highly strung, anxious, apprehensive, uneasy, ill at ease, unsettled, unstable;
excitable, twitchy, jumpy, keyed up, fidgety, restive, skittish, neurotic, brittle, hysterical;
sensitive, insecure;
irritable, touchy, tetchy, testy, crotchety, irascible, peevish, querulous, bad-tempered, short-tempered, hot-tempered, quick-tempered, temperamental, snappy, captious, crabbed, prickly;
nervy;

Nervous, Anxious, Insecure and Skittish look like a good fit. But perhaps Edgy is more common elsewhere than where I live.

If they were simple string spelling errors I would just change and merge/push...
I generally spot a mistake in game, then scramble about trying to find the right file to change. Still building up motivation to go through the folders systematically to fix spelling.

I sure am a nitpicky bastard, ha.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #278 on: February 24, 2014, 12:38:08 AM »
^No idea, I'm not native English speaker. GonDra checked traits file once and fixed names and descriptions.

Dependant in our case is opposite to mature (in terms of character, not age). So maybe they are someones child/underage/someones responsibility indeed. If you could find a better name for this trait, be my guest. The same goes for everything else, use your own judgment (providing that you are a native English speaker  :) ).

If you will change descriptions or effects, nothing bad will happen. If you will change traits names, we'll have to change them everywhere in the game code and girls packs data files. Nevertheless, I guess it's better to do it now while we don't have too many packs and code lines yet.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 01:13:47 AM by DarkTl »

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #279 on: February 24, 2014, 05:31:14 AM »
^No idea too, English language is my worst enemy in this project

"Edgy" - I think that we should reduce the traits a little and this is one of those that I don't think we need anymore

"Dependent" for me is exactly what descriptions say "This girl is rather dependant on other people for survival." = that girl will be kinda helpless on her own, but reasons can wary. (we can't go into details)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #280 on: February 24, 2014, 05:56:01 AM »
Nope, they aren't updated if you just change them in the traits file. It is doable but prolly redundant. As Dark said, you need to change it in the traits file first, then open all script files (Ren'Py has that option). If you're using JEdit, click on search, pick search in all buffers options and replace the name of a trait. You could also encase traits "" in the search to make absolute sure that you do not change anything else but I do not name variables that way and we have no classes that are named as traits.

Then post in the traits thread names of traits that you've changed so everyone can update their girls files on the next review.

You can update descriptions as you see fit.

Push when ready.
==========================
When you're hunting for spelling errors, use the similar approach, don't go file by file. Being a nitpicky bastard is sure a good thing in this case  :D
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #281 on: February 24, 2014, 06:36:48 AM »
"Edgy" - I think that we should reduce the traits a little and this is one of those that I don't think we need anymore
Well, we do have Fearless trait. I widely used Edgy as its antonym.

We also could use your Loner trait in the future, when it will make more sense due to relationships between girls.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 06:51:09 AM by DarkTl »

Offline Jaeke

« Reply #282 on: February 24, 2014, 06:48:07 AM »
I think I will give it a pass, it's really minor stuff for a decent amount of work, and more work for everyone who works on the game. Good to see the procedure I should take if something really needs to be changed though. Not that I have the balls to push code/script changes.  :-[
 And yea, native English speaker here. But if anyone wants to be my Japanese tutor, that'd be great.

I'm using notepad++. I think I can use 'find in files' to seach pytfalls entire directory for matches. Should come in handy.
Just tested and works, 15 instances of costumer instead of customer, some of it is code though...
Damn this search all thing is excellent, thanks for the tip.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #283 on: February 24, 2014, 06:53:31 AM »
I think I will give it a pass, it's really minor stuff for a decent amount of work, and more work for everyone who works on the game. Good to see the procedure I should take if something really needs to be changed though. Not that I have the balls to push code/script changes.  :-[
 And yea, native English speaker here. But if anyone wants to be my Japanese tutor, that'd be great.

I'm using notepad++. I think I can use 'find in files' to seach pytfalls entire directory for matches. Should come in handy.
Just tested and works, 15 instances of costumer instead of customer, some of it is code though...
Damn this search all thing is excellent, thanks for the tip.

It's actually 10 mins of work tops :)

I'll kill all costumer mistakes myself. Traits I'll fix as well if nobody else will.

Edit:

Just tried notepad++, search seems VERY slow on my PC... Jedit does that instantaneously but with all files already loaded into memory (opening files takes nanoseconds anyway). I've cleared costumer for now, maybe traits later as well or it'll end up causing endless confusion.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 07:05:27 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #284 on: February 24, 2014, 07:18:11 AM »
We can use the "search and replace" for girl files too, so this is really nothing.
btw. I'm using notepad++ for everything I do and search through all Pytfall files for word take no longer than 2-5 seconds.