Author Topic: Reporting Errors:  (Read 352130 times)

Offline DarkTl

Re: Reporting Errors:
« Reply #345 on: March 21, 2014, 03:39:22 AM »
I figured most people would use my QS button... so I added Load QS to main menu and removed Load Save.
These buttons are not obvious enough. Rename them at least to Qsave and Qload, for example.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #346 on: March 21, 2014, 03:57:57 AM »
These buttons are not obvious enough. Rename them at least to Qsave and Qload, for example.

Takes too much space. People will figure it out with time and some may even pay a bit of attention to tooltips.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Jaeke

« Reply #347 on: March 21, 2014, 09:13:47 AM »
Ah my bad, I almost never use quicksave which is why it was a super old save.

Equipping hero
(or anyone apparently)
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - heroprofile.rpy", line 8, in script
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - heroprofile.rpy", line 8, in python
  File "game/library/classes - support.rpy", line 907, in python
  File "game/library/functions.rpy", line 737, in python
  File "game/library/classes - characters.rpy", line 999, in python
  File "game/library/classes - characters.rpy", line 1050, in python
  File "game/library/classes - characters.rpy", line 788, in python
AttributeError: 'ATTACKS' is neither a gamestat nor an attribute of Player
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 09:48:44 AM by Jaeke »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #348 on: March 21, 2014, 10:30:22 AM »
Right :)

I'll take a look at it.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #349 on: March 21, 2014, 11:11:40 AM »
Just pushed a quickfix to fix these issues.

I'll start coding in about two - three hours (alignment event first).

Edit:

I'll push the QF in 5 mins, gotta get CWs changes first.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Jaeke

« Reply #350 on: March 22, 2014, 10:36:50 PM »
Been playing non-dev mode for a while now. Here be my impressions.

I wore the simple training dummy on hero for 50 days, I own the shack and no girls at all, just doing Arena stuff. I haven't received any constitution increase but it is giving me fatigue.
Military training dummy doesn't even give me fatigue.
The manual of arms and manual of magic both their gave bonuses after 5-6 days.

Also, what levels/stats roughly are you meant to be able to beat each survival battle? Horde of goblins is the only one where I can get past the first enemy. And the Air raid bats.

OK, so does the attack bonus of weapons apply again during its attack? As a bonus on top of your heroes ATT stat, that the weapon already increased?
My dagger attacks do less, main hand bow attacks not quite as good as sword attacks. Do secondary or 'lesser' attacks always do less damage?

The witch in the witches hut wont buy ultimate and great mana potions, but she did buy small ones. Similar deal with ultimate healing potion. Wont buy great potions of serenity either, but will buy normal and small versions.

Will the workshop/blackmisth always sell low quality gear? Or does it rely on your stats/events/days passed?

Pretty cool how you can find items and stuff when you 'look around', but people might do it once in each area and if nothing happens just ignore it from then on/never do it again.

That dirty homeless girl... Bit harsh, you'd think after the first time she did 'that' to me she could improve her situation. Met 2 leprechauns, maria from rance, the alignment girl, 3 trainers.

Can we get a visual of what stats increased when you train with the various trainers? How rare are the bonus stat bonuses?

I gave a gift to Kos-Mos and she hated it... then gave her one she liked but she was still in -disposition. :(
I assume charisma/luck/reputation influence the result of each action?
Are the girls responses based on their class type or traits or unique for each character? I hired one who was saying some decidedly prostitute like things and she did turn out to be the prostitute class. Because it takes so long to get enough disposition, it would be a pain to not get the class type you need.

Not owning a brothel takes your hp away every day. Same with slave girls, makes sense.
Advertising is a requirement to get clients(at the shack anyway), seems good.
Brothels seem quite a bit more expensive.
Hero never seems to do security action when clients get violent, when there are no other guards present anyway.

Have I missed any new stuff?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #351 on: March 23, 2014, 05:26:27 AM »
Been playing non-dev mode for a while now. Here be my impressions.

I wore the simple training dummy on hero for 50 days, I own the shack and no girls at all, just doing Arena stuff. I haven't received any constitution increase but it is giving me fatigue.
Military training dummy doesn't even give me fatigue.
The manual of arms and manual of magic both their gave bonuses after 5-6 days.

I don't think that this is necessarily bugged. Complex items are hard to design and they've never been revised after the new stats system. Many of them have their own hardcaps. Simple Training Dummy will not be of any use to a Warrior type and of limited use to Casanova BUT it'll do magic for a girl that started with low constitution (like 0 - 5).

Also, what levels/stats roughly are you meant to be able to beat each survival battle? Horde of goblins is the only one where I can get past the first enemy. And the Air raid bats.

OK, so does the attack bonus of weapons apply again during its attack? As a bonus on top of your heroes ATT stat, that the weapon already increased?
My dagger attacks do less, main hand bow attacks not quite as good as sword attacks. Do secondary or 'lesser' attacks always do less damage?

That was done on a whim... you tell me :)

Yeap, weapons are not directly transferred to the BE, only weapon TYPES and STATS that they increase are. Sword if I recall has one of the highest multipliers.

The witch in the witches hut wont buy ultimate and great mana potions, but she did buy small ones. Similar deal with ultimate healing potion. Wont buy great potions of serenity either, but will buy normal and small versions.

Will the workshop/blackmisth always sell low quality gear? Or does it rely on your stats/events/days passed?

Pretty cool how you can find items and stuff when you 'look around', but people might do it once in each area and if nothing happens just ignore it from then on/never do it again.

Shops will buy only what they sell themselves. Exception is the general shop (will buy anything).

I believe it will only sell what it starts selling at day one, be advised that it actually sells some decent gear as well, but the chance of that appearing in stock is much lower than that of a crappy gear.

That's their choice... chance for getting an item or money is luck related. Event will have to be improved to exclude certain items types (like quest items) once we have them.

That dirty homeless girl... Bit harsh, you'd think after the first time she did 'that' to me she could improve her situation. Met 2 leprechauns, maria from rance, the alignment girl, 3 trainers.

Can we get a visual of what stats increased when you train with the various trainers? How rare are the bonus stat bonuses?

I gave a gift to Kos-Mos and she hated it... then gave her one she liked but she was still in -disposition. :(
I assume charisma/luck/reputation influence the result of each action?
Are the girls responses based on their class type or traits or unique for each character? I hired one who was saying some decidedly prostitute like things and she did turn out to be the prostitute class. Because it takes so long to get enough disposition, it would be a pain to not get the class type you need.

LoL Yeah, well she might have a sick mother and all cash went to paying the healers, we'll expand on the event at some point, especially once we start using the alignment stat (I have a kickass idea for a gauge for it!). We'll add to girlsmeets as well, but for now it's fairly easy to find out what class the girls is from the texts.

Prolly post Alpha. Some of them might be luck dependent... I don't remember exactly how I've coded that, just remember that it was fairly well thought through.

All girls have different bonuses, you'll have to do the try-reward approach or try guessing them from girls texts. Once we install like/dislike system, it'll get easier I expect.

Not owning a brothel takes your hp away every day. Same with slave girls, makes sense.
Advertising is a requirement to get clients(at the shack anyway), seems good.
Brothels seem quite a bit more expensive.
Hero never seems to do security action when clients get violent, when there are no other guards present anyway.

Have I missed any new stuff?

Living on streets gets you penalty, living inside of any shelter not only removes that penalty but ALSO gives you a number of bonuses like extra health, mp, fatigue restore. It is not dwelling dependent at the moment but will be after the post alpha code review.

Yeap, Dark's idea. It's only the shack because other Brothels already start with reputation and fame bonuses so it's not weird that people come in without any advertisements at all.

I'll look into the hero guard thing! Might be a bug, but hero is required to have at least one AP at the end of the day to defend the girls and that AP may be lost at the moment if there is no attack event, I don't remember if there is code that gives some bonus to hero if he has AP left like there is a bonus to girls in similar situation.

I don't think so... hard to tell, there have been a bunch of updates. But doesn't sound like you've missed anything major.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Jaeke

« Reply #352 on: March 23, 2014, 05:40:58 AM »
Next day

While running game code:
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - nextday.rpy", line 10, in script
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - nextday.rpy", line 61, in python
  File "game/library/classes - jobs.rpy", line 1189, in python
  File "game/library/classes - jobs.rpy", line 1532, in python
AttributeError: 'WhoreJob' object has no attribute 'girlsmod'

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #353 on: March 23, 2014, 05:49:35 AM »
Next day

While running game code:
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - nextday.rpy", line 10, in script
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - nextday.rpy", line 61, in python
  File "game/library/classes - jobs.rpy", line 1189, in python
  File "game/library/classes - jobs.rpy", line 1532, in python
AttributeError: 'WhoreJob' object has no attribute 'girlsmod'

Meow! :)

Fixed, should have been "girlmod" instead of girls.
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #354 on: March 23, 2014, 06:05:43 AM »
Code: [Select]

While executing init code:
  File "game/library/classes - tags.rpy", line 3, in script
  File "game/library/classes - tags.rpy", line 256, in python
WindowsError: [Error 267] The directory name is invalid: u'G:\\hry\\renpy-6.16.5-sdk\\Pytfall\\game\\content\\chars\\NGE\\Rei_meetscript.rpy\\*.*'

We cannot place .rpy files in main pack folders? It's not a problem at all, because the files works from anywhere else (for example ...chars/NGE/scrips/Rei_meetscript.rpy) but it was kinda unexpected...

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #355 on: March 23, 2014, 06:16:16 AM »
Code: [Select]

While executing init code:
  File "game/library/classes - tags.rpy", line 3, in script
  File "game/library/classes - tags.rpy", line 256, in python
WindowsError: [Error 267] The directory name is invalid: u'G:\\hry\\renpy-6.16.5-sdk\\Pytfall\\game\\content\\chars\\NGE\\Rei_meetscript.rpy\\*.*'

We cannot place .rpy files in main pack folders? It's not a problem at all, because the files works from anywhere else (for example ...chars/NGE/scrips/Rei_meetscript.rpy) but it was kinda unexpected...

I've always advised to put them in pics folder, your scripts folder solution might even be better. It's pain to put checks everywhere... especially for the Alpha release. Code will get better with time.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Jaeke

« Reply #356 on: March 23, 2014, 06:51:38 AM »
Is Aine meant to rarely increase luck when trained? Because she doesn't. I recall her earlier conversation saying something about it happening.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #357 on: March 23, 2014, 06:56:42 AM »
Is Aine meant to rarely increase luck when trained? Because she doesn't. I recall her earlier conversation saying something about it happening.

Luck is super important for some parts of the game and therefor insanely hard to increase. Yeap... it's not a very common occurrence that even she'll increase the luck for you, but id she will, it will be permanently.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #358 on: March 23, 2014, 07:55:27 AM »
That's an impersonal, emotionless android. Enjoy  ;)
Thus, you have to figure out girl's traits and give her an appropriate gift.

Offline Jaeke

« Reply #359 on: March 23, 2014, 07:57:58 AM »
http://oi62.tinypic.com/b82q0j.jpg Here, have some info. I didn't use strippers or service girls except for two turns before that to see if it would add more to the list.

I did finally get a point or 2 in luck, but it took a long long time. Never got health increase from warrior trainer, perhaps I misread that though.

That's an impersonal, emotionless android. Enjoy  ;)

Challenge accepted.

Edit*
I think the hero never joins guard actions on whore jobs, only joins in on servicegirl calls for help.
And I forgot to buy the arena permit! so add that to the finance list expenses too.
Also... why does it cost 3 AP for an official arena match.
Lost all 1v1's... absolutely destroyed me at level 14. Won 1 2v2 out of 2(lvl 17 partner)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 08:20:40 AM by Jaeke »