Author Topic: Reporting Errors:  (Read 352004 times)

Offline CherryWood

Re: Reporting Errors:
« Reply #375 on: March 23, 2014, 10:26:13 AM »
LoL Yeah, well she might have a sick mother and all cash went to paying the healers, we'll expand on the event at some point, especially once we start using the alignment stat (I have a kickass idea for a gauge for it!).

if we want a quick money sink, maybe we could introduce a sick mother for MC too  :D
(seriously, I didn't notice at all that she could steal a 5000)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 10:29:00 AM by CherryWood »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #376 on: March 23, 2014, 10:37:08 AM »
On giving KOS-MOS a lovely pair of gift knives

While running game code:
  File "game/library/screens/girlsmeets/pyt - screens - girlsmeets.rpy", line 89, in script
  File "game/library/screens/girlsmeets/pyt - screens - girlsmeets.rpy", line 105, in python
KeyError: u'Warrior'

Fixed, forgot that I was working on that viewport and crushed my game... Going to finish that and push QuickFix update.

Huh?    I'm no expert, but I think revenue will be harder.

Well, they are basically the same... Maybe in our case revenue would be income - tips (especially tips that the girls keep). Revenue is basically income from normal operations. We'll just use the total income from a brothel, it's simpler (if we going to do the taxes before Alpha at all).

if we want a quick money sink, maybe we could introduce a sick mother for MC too  :D
(seriously, I didn't notice at all that she could steal a 5000)

Rofl, it's usually a debt to some sh!tty crime-boss in case of SimBrothels but I always believed that would be to simplistic for PyTFall.

Also by the time player can actually pay off the debt (usually left by his father), he has a freaking army and couple dozen millions of cash to fund some decent warfare. It's hard to believe that it all just disappears on game over if he decided not to pay or has 100 kick-ass Valkyries and gets wiped off the face of the Earth or whatever planet he's on.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Jaeke

« Reply #377 on: March 23, 2014, 11:02:12 AM »
You're wrong on the it makes no sense to fight other monsters front by the way. Rewards and money + enditems are a lot better. You just need to find a way to beat the sh!t out of them :)
===
You have MORE than 3 AP with that constitution, right??? It should be more like 4 - 5 based on that pic of yours?

That is what I am saying, I have grinded for hours on goblins and dogfights and several attempts going through the survival fights list(it takes a long time to get to lvl 21...) Air Raid is the next option for winning if you get a string of bats, but that is unlikely, the non bats are just too strong. (I actually made it to the boss once after a string of bats, but I didn't even get a hit in on him.)
I have tried potion buffs but it's not enough. There are no good items available either.

There is a wall, you can basically start the game and straight away beat the goblins. But you're shit out of luck after that.

Also.. there only seems to be 2 slots for official 3v3 matches...
And ladder bugs, http://oi59.tinypic.com/sgr2i0.jpg
Day 1300+ ... yay...

Even with beefed up warrior companions 3v3 is still tough. Except for those mitsuru people in the pic, they are weak as hell.

** Oh and yes i have 5 AP
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 11:07:27 AM by Jaeke »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #378 on: March 23, 2014, 11:11:14 AM »
That is what I am saying, I have grinded for hours on goblins and dogfights and several attempts going through the survival fights list(it takes a long time to get to lvl 21...) Air Raid is the next option for winning if you get a string of bats, but that is unlikely, the non bats are just too strong. (I actually made it to the boss once after a string of bats, but I didn't even get a hit in on him.)
I have tried potion buffs but it's not enough. There are no good items available either.

There is a wall, you can basically start the game and straight away beat the goblins. But you're shit out of luck after that.

Also.. there only seems to be 2 slots for official 3v3 matches...
And ladder bugs, http://oi59.tinypic.com/sgr2i0.jpg
Day 1300+ ... yay...

Even with beefed up warrior companions 3v3 is still tough. Except for those mitsuru people in the pic, they are weak as hell.

Yay... more bugs :)

I'll take a look into the ladder thing. Does it extend to 1v1 and 2v2? I mean do you see any duplicate teams (single fighters in 1v1 also count as teams in code) there at all???

======================
http://oi62.tinypic.com/b82q0j.jpg

Just pushed, can you check if this viewport for better or not?

Sf Updated:
- New traits bonuses applications
- Number of bugs in Brothels should be fixed, including hero not defending the girls
- Fixed sh!tty randomization in girlsmeets on gamestart
- Small fix for Crazy packs tags
- girlsmeets gift item bug squashed
- Small redesign in hero's fin screen, don't know if it works better now to be honest, that code is old and sh!tty
- Added Gra to credits

Yes, I doubt that anything except script can push luck above 50.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Jaeke

« Reply #379 on: March 23, 2014, 11:15:10 AM »
Before I update and lose my save...
I just fought amazon survival battle, after a bunch of crits... killed last non boss enemy with only 9 hp remaining and lucky leveled up!! full hp and mana for final boss fight!!!

... boss fkn destroyed me.

**Edit
2v2 ladder has duplicate teams.
And there are about 63 people in reputation ladder with exactly -500 reputation.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 11:23:46 AM by Jaeke »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #380 on: March 23, 2014, 11:20:15 AM »
Before I update and lose my save...
I just fought amazon survival battle, after a bunch of crits... killed last non boss enemy with only 9 hp remaining and lucky leveled up!! full hp and mana for final boss fight!!!

... boss fkn destroyed me.

Roflmao :)

Why do saves break by the way? What errors do you get when loading an old save with the new code?
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #381 on: March 23, 2014, 11:21:05 AM »
It's hard to believe that it all just disappears on game over if he decided not to pay or has 100 kick-ass Valkyries and gets wiped off the face of the Earth or whatever planet he's on.
That's right, we need high scale problems for endgame  8)

Seriously, I mentioned slave riot and search for high tech when we began development. Both are great money sink, but not for alpha.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #382 on: March 23, 2014, 11:24:38 AM »
That's right, we need high scale problems for endgame  8)

Seriously, I mentioned slave riot and search for high tech when we began development. Both are great money sink, but not for alpha.

Yeap, I'd love an epic storyline and Ren'Py is awesome with such things.

I f@cking love new error reporting in Ren'Py, beside telling you to go over the whole 70k code if you left a bracket or made a typo somewhere, you can get this:
Code: [Select]
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
WindowsError: [Error 183] �N�u�r���x�}���w�~�� �����x�t�p���� ���p�z�|, ���p�{ �{�p�{ ���~ ���w�u �������u�����r���u

I mean... wtf  :D
Like what we're doing?

Offline Jaeke

« Reply #383 on: March 23, 2014, 11:27:10 AM »
No errors this time, but there is no point playtesting old code.
for reference, one error I had not long ago after loading previous version save in new version was missing .ogg files.

From above
And there are about 63 people in reputation ladder with exactly -500 reputation.

The problem with prostitutes leveling up, after a certain amount of AP, they level up mid way through a shift, getting their fatigue reset, which means they never need to rest. They are able to level up multiple times per shift eventually.
There's one source of your money woes. Super whores who charge 2-5k per visitor. 54 times per day.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 11:33:28 AM by Jaeke »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #384 on: March 23, 2014, 11:35:05 AM »

Chances are actually that you'll be testing the new code on the old save actually. It's only a problem is something breaks.

1on1 is prolly bugged as well then. Going to take a look at that now.

That's expected behavior, lack of balance so not really a bug.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #385 on: March 23, 2014, 11:55:20 AM »
Just pushed a quickfix for the arena, might be that 1v1 wasn't bugged, only 2v2 and 3v3 were.

I'll rewrite that code on the review, I didn't know how to assign class attributes to local vars based on strings when I wrote that code so it's basically the same thing typed over three times for every ladder. There was difference between 1v1 and (2v2, 2v2) ladders and you didn't report duplicates in 1v1.

** What to do next...

I'll prolly make sure that hero gets slightly more XP and girls get less, especially on higher levels.
Choice between trying to find some simple way to normalize the girls work-prices... or try to code that tax thing. I don't think that I got the energy to do both before the Alpha release.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #386 on: March 23, 2014, 11:58:40 AM »
for reference, one error I had not long ago after loading previous version save in new version was missing .ogg files.
How often you delete old bytecode files/redownload the game from the scratch (except packs)?

I'll prolly make sure that hero gets slightly more XP and girls get less, especially on higher levels.
Choice between trying to find some simple way to normalize the girls work-prices... or try to code that tax thing. I don't think that I got the energy to do both before the Alpha release.
I'm beginning to think that exp required for next level should rise exponentially...
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 12:02:26 PM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #387 on: March 23, 2014, 12:09:39 PM »
I'm beginning to think that exp required for next level should rise exponentially...

Wouldn't matter, this is impossible to get right before a thought through system is in place, for now the best we can do is to force some form of balance by simple math.

How often you delete old bytecode files/redownload the game from the scratch (except packs)?

Downloading the entire game shouldn't be a requirement at all, deleting bytecode makes sense before every update.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Jaeke

« Reply #388 on: March 23, 2014, 12:16:07 PM »
I recommend limiting the amount of AP girls can get. Should stop prostitutes going nuclear.

Finance info still overlaps. It's actually worse... you could make the finance tab bigger or the scrollbar area smaller, right now it extends too high and too low. Though I'd prefer it all visible on the one screen with no scroll.

Missed Arena fights still exist forever in the match tab.

I've only done that once, after I broke something. I delete all rpyc files every update though.
Perhaps I shall give the game a fresh download... I do need to redownload the packs too, I have old ones. But I'll do that only when I must, I have shit internet so I'd rather not download several gig every time there are changes. Maybe when alpha is ready.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #389 on: March 23, 2014, 12:31:51 PM »
I recommend limiting the amount of AP girls can get. Should stop prostitutes going nuclear.

What would a good limit be?

Finance info still overlaps. It's actually worse... you could make the finance tab bigger or the scrollbar area smaller, right now it extends too high and too low. Though I'd prefer it all visible on the one screen with no scroll.

I'll take a look at it again.

Missed Arena fights still exist forever in the match tab.

I prolly misunderstood you previous post. Didn't even try to fix that.

I've only done that once, after I broke something. I delete all rpyc files every update though.
Perhaps I shall give the game a fresh download... I do need to redownload the packs too, I have old ones. But I'll do that only when I must, I have shit internet so I'd rather not download several gig every time there are changes. Maybe when alpha is ready.

That will not do any good. As long as you delete all bytecode files and update from SF, game is as good as new.
Like what we're doing?