Author Topic: Reporting Errors:  (Read 352084 times)

Offline DarkTl

Re: Reporting Errors:
« Reply #390 on: March 23, 2014, 01:06:46 PM »
What would a good limit be?
How often AP increasing now?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #391 on: March 23, 2014, 01:23:24 PM »
How often AP increasing now?

Base + 1 for every 35 points of constitution.

For MC Base is 3, for girls 2. I agree with the cap for girls by the way, just don't know if it should be 4, 5, 6, or 7. Five seems decent.

Took me 30 mins to come up with this code:
Code: [Select]
                        # get rid of the failed team setup:
                        team_size = len(penalty_setup[1])
                        ladder = getattr(self, "matches_%dv%d" % (team_size, team_size))
                        index = ladder.index(setup)
                        ladder[index] = [Team(max_size=team_size), Team(max_size=team_size), 1]

Guess I am getting tired :(

But Arena should now be fixed.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #392 on: March 23, 2014, 01:29:31 PM »
That's way too often, I believe, while the cap is too simple. Here we actually could use exponential growth, something like 50, 100, 200, 400, 800... for every new AP.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #393 on: March 23, 2014, 01:44:32 PM »
That's way too often, I believe, while the cap is too simple. Here we actually could use exponential growth, something like 50, 100, 200, 400, 800... for every new AP.

Oki... so lets try progression with base of 35?
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #394 on: March 23, 2014, 02:36:42 PM »
Still seems too often. You could try, but maybe reduce base amount to 1 then.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #395 on: March 23, 2014, 03:52:08 PM »
Still seems too often. You could try, but maybe reduce base amount to 1 then.

Well... constitution is not the easiest stat to gain and we're talking about 6 points at 280 instead of 8 and the likelihood of extra point practically at 0.

1 is too harsh as well. It'll make start-game unbearable.

How about +1 AP @ 35, then at 100, then at 200...?

I've also made experience easier to gain for the MC and harder to gain for the girls, especially at higher levels...

Should we release like this or wait for the taxes?
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #396 on: March 24, 2014, 12:37:18 AM »
Hm, maybe 1 base, 2 with constitution 10+ (or 5+), 3 with 35+, then 100, 200...
If we assume that 35 constitution is average, then there should be a difference between average and half-dead physique.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #397 on: March 24, 2014, 03:49:08 AM »
Hm, maybe 1 base, 2 with constitution 10+ (or 5+), 3 with 35+, then 100, 200...
If we assume that 35 constitution is average, then there should be a difference between average and half-dead physique.

I've coded it as in my previous post. There is a difference in starting const as it is due to stats/traits and I don't want them to be completely useless at the time of purchase either.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #398 on: March 24, 2014, 04:36:32 AM »
Why is that? There are various ways to increase stats, and there are really weak characters. Not to mention that increasing of constitution up to 5 or 10 should not take long.
Actually, I wonder what is the min possible starting constitution after stats normalization... 35 or something?  :)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 04:38:59 AM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #399 on: March 24, 2014, 04:56:00 AM »
It should be 40. I am no going to change that for the Alpha again (feeling really sick after the development marathon this weekend). Unless a feature is game breaking, everything stays as it is and the last thing that will be coded for the Alpha is the simplified version of taxes without too much convenience for the player.

If the game is playable after that, we'll release. Most of the things Jaeke found wrong with it have been improved, at some places with decent code in others with crutches.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #400 on: March 24, 2014, 05:36:47 AM »
Lol, no comments  :D

Offline Jaeke

« Reply #401 on: March 24, 2014, 11:23:19 PM »
Just did a quick test, got game over and tax for building and girls, seems to work.
Arena earnings aren't taxed? Selling items not taxed either?

MC/Hero seems to be able to get stats increase on next day even with 0 AP.
My bad, its just listing stats you got increased during battles(I think).
It lists stat increases even if you don't get them due to maxing that stat out.

Casanova class only has 20 constitution... unless you take it out of their luck stat you can't get enough AP to do survival battles in the beginning, taking away a portion of the early game. And yes pretty boys aren't supposed to be going to the arena, but no gameplay is taken away for choosing warrior class.
It's very hard to customise stats as casanova.

Is Arena the only way for hero to get xp? Do you get any XP for doing any of the charisma/sex actions Casanova is naturally good at?

Early game might be slightly too difficult for newbies... If they waste their money without getting a building first they are screwed.
I think everyone should do a test and see how they go.
What are early game methods to not die and make money?
Buy shack. use all AP walking around town looking for cash and items?
buy shack, buy gear, buy health potions, do arena
buy shack, buy advertising, buy prostitute to work in shack, buy girl gear, look around town 1-2 times per day, guard shack.
buy shack, a girl, train girl in cheapest course, buy gear for self, hp potions. Do arena.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 12:33:22 AM by Jaeke »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #402 on: March 25, 2014, 04:41:10 AM »
Arena earnings aren't taxed? Selling items not taxed either?

No and no. Items you already sell cheaper than you can buy them btw. Conciser the difference a shop profit and an added value tax :)

It lists stat increases even if you don't get them due to maxing that stat out.

I doubt it, code is the same as for girls, I'll take a look.

Casanova class only has 20 constitution... unless you take it out of their luck stat you can't get enough AP to do survival battles in the beginning, taking away a portion of the early game. And yes pretty boys aren't supposed to be going to the arena, but no gameplay is taken away for choosing warrior class.
It's very hard to customise stats as casanova.

Is Arena the only way for hero to get xp? Do you get any XP for doing any of the charisma/sex actions Casanova is naturally good at?

MC should get exp from guard event as well. I'll add getting xp based on sex stat for sexual interactions right now. Not being able to increase Casanova stats is not really a bug, I just did not have enough time to properly balance the classes. The truth is that Casanova actually get MORE points spear over the stats than Warrior. It's just not very useful at the moment...

You should also be getting taxes for training. Maybe it's a good idea to also award experience on successful trigger of events and a very small amount for girlsmeets... I'll look into it.

Early game might be slightly too difficult for newbies... If they waste their money without getting a building first they are screwed.
I think everyone should do a test and see how they go.
What are early game methods to not die and make money?

Well, all SimBro games are ridiculously easy to play except maybe the original on hard setting. For once there would be a slightly difficult Alpha. They will be, you're prolly right... learning curve I suppose.

I'll try it today.

Buying a brothel is prolly the first thing... then trying to find a good girl in the SM and to spend time on girlsmeets to get a free worker, taxes shouldn't bite on game start, maybe doing a couple of Arena fights.

Buy shack. use all AP walking around town looking for cash and items?
buy shack, buy gear, buy health potions, do arena
buy shack, buy advertising, buy prostitute to work in shack, buy girl gear, look around town 1-2 times per day, guard shack.
buy shack, a girl, train girl in cheapest course, buy gear for self, hp potions. Do arena.

I'll try a couple of things after I add small XP bonus for looking around.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #403 on: March 25, 2014, 05:02:12 AM »
Buying a brothel is prolly the first thing...
I recall you wanted brothels to be optional in the future. Thus, we'll need a house for MC (maybe even for beta), so he shouldn't have to choose between brothel and streets.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #404 on: March 25, 2014, 05:12:48 AM »
I recall you wanted brothels to be optional in the future. Thus, we'll need a house for MC (maybe even for beta), so he shouldn't have to choose between brothel and streets.

Yeap... there should prolly be an option to rent one as well and different per building bonuses. I'll start adding that after code review.
Like what we're doing?