devolution

Author Topic: Reporting Errors:  (Read 354936 times)

Offline Muaddib67

Re: Reporting Errors:
« Reply #465 on: May 09, 2014, 04:19:00 PM »
After installing the latest patch, I'm getting this error every time I start the program.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 366, in script call
  File "game/content/chars/Suzumiya_Haruhi_no_Yuuutsu/Suzumiya_Haruhi/Haruhi_start_id.rpy", line 32, in script
  File "game/content/chars/Suzumiya_Haruhi_no_Yuuutsu/Suzumiya_Haruhi/Haruhi_start_id.rpy", line 35, in python
AttributeError: 'RevertableDict' object has no attribute 'lvl_max'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "C:\Users\Paul\Downloads\PyTFall-0.45-Alpha\PyTFall-0.45-Alpha\renpy\execution.py", line 294, in run
    node.execute()
  File "C:\Users\Paul\Downloads\PyTFall-0.45-Alpha\PyTFall-0.45-Alpha\renpy\ast.py", line 732, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\Paul\Downloads\PyTFall-0.45-Alpha\PyTFall-0.45-Alpha\renpy\python.py", line 1358, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/content/chars/Suzumiya_Haruhi_no_Yuuutsu/Suzumiya_Haruhi/Haruhi_start_id.rpy", line 35, in <module>
    chr.stats.lvl_max['character'] += 30
AttributeError: 'RevertableDict' object has no attribute 'lvl_max'

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 6.17.3.327
PyTFall 0.45 Alpha
I hope it helps you track it down.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #466 on: May 09, 2014, 08:56:21 PM »
Last patch breaks old save files.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Muaddib67

« Reply #467 on: May 09, 2014, 11:09:29 PM »
Even if I start a new game, I get the same error. Do I need to delete additional files to prevent this error?

Offline Muaddib67

« Reply #468 on: May 10, 2014, 08:04:16 AM »
Ok, I deleted my save games, and still the same, until I went into the chars subfolder, and removed the one for Suzumia, now it works as it should. One thing I have noted on this latest patch, if you are injured, you have to go buy potions from the witch, because you do not heal on your own anymore.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #469 on: May 10, 2014, 08:50:30 AM »
Ok, I deleted my save games, and still the same, until I went into the chars subfolder, and removed the one for Suzumia, now it works as it should. One thing I have noted on this latest patch, if you are injured, you have to go buy potions from the witch, because you do not heal on your own anymore.

Ah ok, I misunderstood the error, that file is invalid for the new stats code.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Muaddib67

« Reply #470 on: May 11, 2014, 05:50:28 PM »
Ok, since I deleted that file, it launches fine.
Is the player character not healing after a battle intentional, or intended. You have to go to the witch in the dark forest and buy healing potions.
Also, some times people you fight in the arena attack non-stop, and you never get a chance to attack before you die.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #471 on: May 12, 2014, 02:51:01 PM »
Ok, since I deleted that file, it launches fine.
Is the player character not healing after a battle intentional, or intended. You have to go to the witch in the dark forest and buy healing potions.
Also, some times people you fight in the arena attack non-stop, and you never get a chance to attack before you die.

Intended, the second thing happens vs overpowered opponents.
Like what we're doing?

Offline sbam

« Reply #472 on: May 17, 2014, 03:29:59 PM »
II.
I have 214/336 charisma and 139 level - and when i have trainings with Aine - instead of gaining charisma - i lose it (-3 or -4) and i don't know why.
Oh - one more thing - maybe it is related to the fact, that i have maxed luck (50/50 - and i'm not using any items with luck).

The bug exist with every trainer and is related to equipment with negative stats. The chainmail armor for example has -10 agility, -20 magic and -25 charisma. Equipping the armor and training with aine will effect the charismastat in every trainingsession like this: initial charisma + ((aines charisma gain) - 25(chain armor reduction)).
same for magic with the witch and agility with xeona.

There is a level dependant hard cap on the fighting stats limiting the usefulness of items, which raise the maxlevel. Is that intended?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #473 on: May 17, 2014, 07:21:09 PM »
The bug exist with every trainer and is related to equipment with negative stats. The chainmail armor for example has -10 agility, -20 magic and -25 charisma. Equipping the armor and training with aine will effect the charismastat in every trainingsession like this: initial charisma + ((aines charisma gain) - 25(chain armor reduction)).
same for magic with the witch and agility with xeona.

There is a level dependant hard cap on the fighting stats limiting the usefulness of items, which raise the maxlevel. Is that intended?

I'll take another look at the training, maybe I've missed something.

It is intended, as level gets higher, items will become more useful, but it's not very apparent atm since items we're created with max stat cap of 100 in mind (very long time ago) and need to be rebalanced.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Algernon

« Reply #474 on: May 25, 2014, 05:41:03 PM »
Hi all, this is my first time posting here, so nice to meet you :)

Anyway, I've found a bug/exploit that I think you'd like to know about.  The exploit utilizes the "quick save" function during girl interactions.

Here is how it is produced:
Step 1: Quick Save
Step 2: Choose 1 of the girl sex interactions (excluding lesbian).
Step 3: If you get the message "She learned a thing or two", then you are halfway there.
Step 4: If you get the followup message of "So did you!" or the "L33T Skills" message, then the exploit will work.
Step 5: Quick save on either the "So did you!" message or the "L33T Skills" message (Do not exit the sex interaction dialogue).

And that's it.  The bonuses from the interaction are added whenever you A) get the corresponding message and B) click to the next message.  The quick save will start the whole interaction over again, allowing you to keep stacking on skill points while using only 1 AP.

Now, the reason why you can't use this with Lesbian training is that there is no text after "She learned a thing or two".  Thus, if you quick saved on that message, then the bonus will not be applied (you have to click to the next message).

Well, that's all for my report on this.  Now to head over to the game balancing threads and post some ideas.

Thank you

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #475 on: May 25, 2014, 06:05:18 PM »
I'll take a look when I get the chance, that quicksave is my own implementation so it could be buggy.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Algernon

« Reply #476 on: May 26, 2014, 05:01:26 PM »
No worries Xela.  I just wanted you to be aware of it.

Honestly, I'm extremely impressed with the game.  For an alpha release, the game is pretty solid.  I expected to see a heck of a lot more bugs than the ones I've seen thus far.
The rest of the bugs, that I've noticed, have already been reported by others.

I'll let you know if I see anything else.

Thank you for the great game!

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #477 on: May 27, 2014, 05:30:21 AM »
Yeah, it was exactly what I thought, just took a while to confirm. I am going to be switching to Ren'Py saving system in future versions, the issue that had to be solved with my own implementation was fixed in one of the previous versions.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #478 on: May 27, 2014, 09:05:17 AM »
This should be fixed with the next release. Ren'Pys own new method of retaining data seems to be working well, couple of new bugs will be created but we'll get rid of them ($ renpy.retain_after_load() will gave to be added to the script at several places), I'll add it to the most obvious once like items equipment.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #479 on: June 14, 2014, 03:26:51 PM »
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - nextday.rpy", line 12, in script
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - nextday.rpy", line 68, in python
  File "game/library/classes - jobs.rpy", line 1184, in python
  File "game/library/classes - jobs.rpy", line 1099, in python
AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute 'append'