devolution

Author Topic: Reporting Errors:  (Read 352499 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: Reporting Errors:
« Reply #480 on: June 14, 2014, 03:47:48 PM »
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - nextday.rpy", line 12, in script
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - nextday.rpy", line 68, in python
  File "game/library/classes - jobs.rpy", line 1184, in python
  File "game/library/classes - jobs.rpy", line 1099, in python
AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute 'append'
How in the world didn't we get this sooner??? Fixed in my version, it will happen when girl was too injured or tired for the whore job AND building was too dirty to do it anyway :D
Like what we're doing?

Offline Monty52

Ring of the Horndog
« Reply #481 on: June 29, 2014, 04:27:13 PM »
Having a girl equip this ring seems to mess up traits and add permanent libido.  I had a girl equip two of these at the same time and then afterwards I removed them and noticed that her current libido was permanently raised.  I think it also messed up the traits of girls, though I'm not sure if that's actually due to the same item.  I have a girl with the tough trait, but now clients are choosing her supposedly because she has the fragile trait, which is @ss backwards.  There were other traits that got messed up too.  I also had a stripper that used to have clients get crazed with passion with the whores afterwards, but now when she performs I get absolutely no indication that they even watched a stripper ahead of time at all.  I think the ring caused all of this - as if the item corrupts the character files in a big way even after it is removed.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
Re: Ring of the Horndog
« Reply #482 on: June 29, 2014, 05:09:40 PM »
Having a girl equip this ring seems to mess up traits and add permanent libido.  I had a girl equip two of these at the same time and then afterwards I removed them and noticed that her current libido was permanently raised.  I think it also messed up the traits of girls, though I'm not sure if that's actually due to the same item.  I have a girl with the tough trait, but now clients are choosing her supposedly because she has the fragile trait, which is @ss backwards.  There were other traits that got messed up too.  I also had a stripper that used to have clients get crazed with passion with the whores afterwards, but now when she performs I get absolutely no indication that they even watched a stripper ahead of time at all.  I think the ring caused all of this - as if the item corrupts the character files in a big way even after it is removed.

Yeah, nice catch. There was a typo in code that prevented "min" effects from any of the items from being revered. I don't know what's wrong with the traits, might be a whole other issue :(
Like what we're doing?

Offline Monty52

Another bug - lowered wage to 25% while giving tips to girls
« Reply #483 on: June 29, 2014, 05:09:57 PM »
I just lowered the wages of two girls to 25% but still letting them keep tips and the game ALWAYS stops working and gives me this error report:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - nextday.rpy", line 15, in script
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - nextday.rpy", line 119, in python
  File "game/library/classes - support.rpy", line 114, in python
  File "game/library/classes - characters.rpy", line 2569, in python
NameError: global name 'got_pad' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "C:\Users\Eric\Desktop\PyTFall-0.45-Alpha\PyTFall-0.45-Alpha\renpy\execution.py", line 294, in run
    node.execute()
  File "C:\Users\Eric\Desktop\PyTFall-0.45-Alpha\PyTFall-0.45-Alpha\renpy\ast.py", line 732, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\Eric\Desktop\PyTFall-0.45-Alpha\PyTFall-0.45-Alpha\renpy\python.py", line 1358, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - nextday.rpy", line 119, in <module>
    pytfall.next_day()
  File "game/library/classes - support.rpy", line 114, in next_day
    girl.next_day()
  File "game/library/classes - characters.rpy", line 2569, in next_day
    if got_paid < wage and got_pad + tips >= wage:

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 6.17.3.327
PyTFall 0.45 Alpha

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
Re: Another bug - lowered wage to 25% while giving tips to girls
« Reply #484 on: June 29, 2014, 05:16:24 PM »
While running game code:
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - nextday.rpy", line 15, in script
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - nextday.rpy", line 119, in python
  File "game/library/classes - support.rpy", line 114, in python
  File "game/library/classes - characters.rpy", line 2569, in python

*(This part is enough in 99% of the bug reports.)

Thanks for the report, just fixed it as well, I guess most players don't try fine-tuning the girls and play from the perspective of the "big picture" for these things not to come to light until now...
Like what we're doing?

Offline Monty52

« Reply #485 on: June 29, 2014, 05:20:55 PM »
Actually, I narrowed that last bug down to having just one of those 2 girls perform stripping, let keep her tips, but getting less than 100% wage.  That is what breaks it.  If I have one of those 2 girls instead train at a school and get less than 100% wage and let her keep her tips it doesn't break it.  I didn't try this with any other job like service or whore...

EDIT: about the traits issue - I don't know what it is but clients are choosing girls based off of traits that they don't have.  It's bizarre and I really don't know what is causing it to happen.  Maybe it's a bug in an item that a bunch of them have equipped.  I don't really know...
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 05:25:15 PM by oqhansoloqo »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #486 on: June 29, 2014, 05:28:45 PM »
EDIT: about the traits issue - I don't know what it is but clients are choosing girls based off of traits that they don't have.  It's bizarre and I really don't know what is causing it to happen.  Maybe it's a bug in an item that a bunch of them have equipped.  I don't really know...

I'll take a look at that tomorrow... this is pretty odd.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Monty52

« Reply #487 on: June 29, 2014, 05:52:25 PM »
The other bug that is strange (that I already mentioned) is that I have two strippers and they both used to get the clients crazed with passion.  I don't know when it first started (what I did or anything), but now only one of the strippers gets any sort of reaction (crazed with passion) and the other gets absolutely no bonus for the whores from her performance.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #488 on: June 29, 2014, 05:58:04 PM »
The other bug that is strange (that I already mentioned) is that I have two strippers and they both used to get the clients crazed with passion.  I don't know when it first started (what I did or anything), but now only one of the strippers gets any sort of reaction (crazed with passion) and the other gets absolutely no bonus for the whores from her performance.

Might not be a bug, it a complex system so it could be any number of reasons.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Monty52

« Reply #489 on: June 29, 2014, 07:09:55 PM »
Now I've gotten to the point where neither stripper imparts any bonus to the whores.  I have done nothing to the other stripper that was working recently except switch her from rest to stripper.

Offline Monty52

« Reply #490 on: June 29, 2014, 07:34:21 PM »
It's definitely a bug.  Check this out.  So I had two strippers performing, who used to get crazed patrons.  Then each stripper at a different time stopped eliciting ANY bonus to whores.  That situation I already told you about.

Get this new situation - both of the strippers were set to perform, but one was fatigued, so she changed her plans herself and rested.  The other performed.  The remaining stripper elicited a bonus to the whores.  I thought that was interesting, so I loaded back to before I progressed that day.  I manually changed the fatigued stripper to rest instead of perform, so she didn't change plans herself.  I progressed the day.  The remaining stripper performed and elicited no bonus to whores, like my previous situation.

What this means is that a stripper automatically resting has a different effect on the bonus to whores than one that is manually told to rest.  It weird, because previously I recall having an issue where a stripper automatically resting was causing not just a lesser effect, but a negative effect to whores even if I had a second highly skilled stripper performing on that same day.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #491 on: June 30, 2014, 05:55:46 AM »
It's definitely a bug.  Check this out.  So I had two strippers performing, who used to get crazed patrons.  Then each stripper at a different time stopped eliciting ANY bonus to whores.  That situation I already told you about.

Get this new situation - both of the strippers were set to perform, but one was fatigued, so she changed her plans herself and rested.  The other performed.  The remaining stripper elicited a bonus to the whores.  I thought that was interesting, so I loaded back to before I progressed that day.  I manually changed the fatigued stripper to rest instead of perform, so she didn't change plans herself.  I progressed the day.  The remaining stripper performed and elicited no bonus to whores, like my previous situation.

What this means is that a stripper automatically resting has a different effect on the bonus to whores than one that is manually told to rest.  It weird, because previously I recall having an issue where a stripper automatically resting was causing not just a lesser effect, but a negative effect to whores even if I had a second highly skilled stripper performing on that same day.

Right... there is one bug here, where a girl decides to go resting after the job has started. I'll try to fix it in the future. Rest is more or less as it should be, I guess jobs can be generally improved, but it'll take a while before we can get to that.

For now I'll make sure girls go auto-resting at the end of the day and in the beginning of work-shift (latter cannot be reported in a normal way until codebase is expanded) if conditions for auto-rest are met, that will prevent most of these issues.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Algernon

« Reply #492 on: July 18, 2014, 05:40:01 PM »
I figured that I'd post a bug/exploit that I've found in the alpha.  It's probably taken care of already, but here we go.

The issue has to deal with slave girls, wages and joy.  I've got a rank 8 slave girl, who consistently sees clients that she's unhappy with.  This should decrease he joy by large amounts, but I found that you can mitigate that by setting her wage to 200%.

The exploit is that slaves get paid 0 gold.  So, 200% of 0 is still 0.  That means that she's getting a boost to her joy stat, while incurring 0 cost to the player.

Now, I haven't double checked my gold remaining per turn, so I could be wrong, but I wanted to bring this to your attention.

It would be good if it worked like it does with WM (she may be a slave, but you can pay her a fair wage anyway), but another solution would be to remove the wage slider from the slaves.

Thank you :)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #493 on: July 18, 2014, 07:08:56 PM »
I figured that I'd post a bug/exploit that I've found in the alpha.  It's probably taken care of already, but here we go.

The issue has to deal with slave girls, wages and joy.  I've got a rank 8 slave girl, who consistently sees clients that she's unhappy with.  This should decrease he joy by large amounts, but I found that you can mitigate that by setting her wage to 200%.

The exploit is that slaves get paid 0 gold.  So, 200% of 0 is still 0.  That means that she's getting a boost to her joy stat, while incurring 0 cost to the player.

Now, I haven't double checked my gold remaining per turn, so I could be wrong, but I wanted to bring this to your attention.

It would be good if it worked like it does with WM (she may be a slave, but you can pay her a fair wage anyway), but another solution would be to remove the wage slider from the slaves.

Thank you :)

I'll take a look tomorrow, this is still an exploit.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #494 on: August 02, 2014, 06:46:27 AM »
While trying to look at exploration report
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - nextday.rpy", line 134, in script
    python:
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - nextday.rpy", line 136, in <module>
    result = ui.interact()
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - nextday.rpy", line 1486, in <module>
    text (u"{size=-5}%s" % event.txt) color black
KeyError: u'red}Naoto has died during this skirmish'