Author Topic: Reporting Errors:  (Read 354163 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: Reporting Errors:
« Reply #495 on: August 02, 2014, 07:34:45 AM »

Fixed, she was getting pain on the slider, it just wasn't reported to the next day. Fin Logs worked just fine.

While trying to look at exploration report

Fixed as well, I am going to push fixes and the new inventory class + shop/inv screens improvements..
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #496 on: August 02, 2014, 09:08:47 AM »

Look what I have achieved  :D
After that you cannot do anything in the game.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #497 on: August 02, 2014, 09:12:43 AM »
Part 2.

Only one Nanael unfortunately, but 2 Naoto already.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #498 on: August 02, 2014, 09:53:23 AM »

Look what I have achieved  :D
After that you cannot do anything in the game.

This is a bug in Ren'Py, I don't believe I can do anything about it. You can press rmb and leave the preference screen.

Part 2.

This is a problem... I'll fix it later.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #499 on: August 03, 2014, 12:03:50 AM »
Part 2.

Fixed as well as all other recently reported bugs, I am also narrowing down the AE code to something coherent, at least I managed to resist an impulse to delete everything again and write a simpler system like you've proposed :)

If I still feel that way when I wake up, maybe it'll get to some form of a working state tonight.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xipomus

« Reply #500 on: August 07, 2014, 05:03:53 PM »
Was playing the latest build and ran across the frog at the witch event.
I got this error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Games\Downs\renpy-6.17.7-sdk\renpy-6.17.7-sdk\renpy\execution.py", line 294, in run
    node.execute()
  File "C:\Games\Downs\renpy-6.17.7-sdk\renpy-6.17.7-sdk\renpy\ast.py", line 756, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Games\Downs\renpy-6.17.7-sdk\renpy-6.17.7-sdk\renpy\python.py", line 1382, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/library/events/frog_event/event - frog.rpy", line 184, in <module>
    $ pytfall.world_events.kill_event("show_frog")
AttributeError: 'WorldEventsManager' object has no attribute 'kill_event'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Games\Downs\renpy-6.17.7-sdk\renpy-6.17.7-sdk\renpy\execution.py", line 294, in run
    node.execute()
  File "C:\Games\Downs\renpy-6.17.7-sdk\renpy-6.17.7-sdk\renpy\ast.py", line 756, in execute
  File "C:\Games\Downs\renpy-6.17.7-sdk\renpy-6.17.7-sdk\renpy\python.py", line 1382, in py_exec_bytecode
  File "game/library/events/frog_event/event - frog.rpy", line 187, in <module>
    $ register_event_in_label("show_frog_abby", locations=["witches_hut_shopping"], trigger_type="auto", restore_priority=1, priority=300, start_day=day, jump=True, dice=100, max_runs=100)
  File "game/library/events/classes - events.rpy", line 8, in register_event_in_label
    world_events.events.append(WorldEvent(*args, **kwargs))
AttributeError: 'RevertableList' object has no attribute 'events'

I checked the library/events/classes - events.rpy and can't find the kill_event option there.
Has it been removed maybe?

Was planning on building some events with this as a template. (it's code that doens't interfere with anybody else their code).
Let me know what it should be.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #501 on: August 07, 2014, 11:25:46 PM »
I've updated the event manager (old code was horrid, apparently I didn't know how to use continue in for loops and how to use functions inside of list comprehensions when I wrote it).

But other than being slow and unreadable, it was working just fine before for every event in the game. See if you can pull the latest revision off the repo.

If you find the time to write an event, note the new:

Code: [Select]
screen = False attribute of the event class, it will show a screen instead of jumping to a label so those labels that don't do jack and just show the screens in frog event are obsolete now. (they could have caused issues at places as well).

and

Code: [Select]
        def force_event(self, name):
            """
            Forces an event to the daily stack, this should be used with caution as it can mess up the conditioning.
            The best use for this method is adding newly created (during game runtime) event to the stack so they can be accessed on the same day.
            """
            for event in self.events:
                if event.name == name:
                    self.events_cache.append(event)

method of the manager class. I added examples on how to use both to the frog event.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xipomus

« Reply #502 on: August 08, 2014, 03:39:32 PM »
Thanks.

Thought i had the latest version... put that was another dir.
I'll try to build a working event for this weekend.

Any preference what kind of event? Carnival for a few days (Could probably make some of the normal girls circle there, maybe gain extra disposition by winning the girl something)? Contest (beauty, combat, service, xxx like with slavemaster) which you can apply 1 or 2 girls for X amount.

A traveling merchant selling some wacky stuff or favors. A portal that transports the player to a low level dungeon (like the forest).

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #503 on: August 08, 2014, 06:34:53 PM »
Nah, knock yourself out :) They all sound equally awesome. Feel free to use any of the resources available in dropbox (there is a whole bunch of them there now) and ask if you require some specialized sorting or conditioning that you cannot figure out yourself.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xipomus

« Reply #504 on: August 09, 2014, 07:01:09 PM »
Well got the last update then went to change the frog even so the error wouldn't ocure. (So i could see what does what).

The conversation now continues with the frog but when i agree to help it crashes.
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/library/events/frog_event/event - frog.rpy", line 187, in script
    $ register_event_in_label("show_frog_abby", locations=["witches_hut_shopping"], trigger_type="auto", restore_priority=1, priority=300, start_day=day, jump=True, dice=100, max_runs=100)
  File "game/library/events/classes - events.rpy", line 8, in register_event_in_label

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/library/events/frog_event/event - frog.rpy", line 187, in script
  File "C:\games\downs\renpy-6.17.7-sdk\renpy-6.17.7-sdk\renpy\ast.py", line 756, in execute
  File "C:\games\downs\renpy-6.17.7-sdk\renpy-6.17.7-sdk\renpy\python.py", line 1382, in py_exec_bytecode

Windows-Vista-6.0.6002-SP2
Ren'Py 6.17.7.521
PyTFall 0.45 Alpha

Tracing this back to the classes - events.rpy I see in the defining part of the file the following:
    def register_event(*args, **kwargs):
        world_events.append(WorldEvent(*args, **kwargs))

def register_event_in_label(*args, **kwargs):

I think the error has to do with the events in between world_event and append, but if i do that i never get the option to talk to Abby about the frog.

What am I not seeing? I would like to figure this out.. coz this could make a more interesting even instead of just one event, but with followups.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #505 on: August 09, 2014, 07:05:39 PM »
We have different code at the same revision? What the feck? I've uploaded the correct file to your folder in dropbox.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xipomus

« Reply #506 on: August 09, 2014, 07:38:04 PM »
Don't see the folder on dropbox yet.
Did see why i have a different version. apparently all the addons where not seen as the main branch. So i merged them locally to get the changes there.

That works qua frog event...and got the new city screen. I think the dark one fits the game better. but I'll leave that up to you guys.

I'll keep testing the frog event till the end to see if i can work with it and my ideas. (And to see what is workable and what ain't)

*** UPDATE ***

Seriously i'm cursed... the game now gives a game over screen after a few turns.. (varies when... somethings after 3 turns sometimes after 5.. just now after 14 turns). The issue is, it does say why...

Which makes it rather hard to test the script coz the game goes Game over.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 07:53:13 PM by Xipomus »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #507 on: August 09, 2014, 10:08:04 PM »
Game over occurs only on condition of MC health <= 0. Buy an apartment and put him there to be absolutely safe.

Just delete your entire repo and download it into a fresh project. You'll waste far more time on this nonsense otherwise. Just backup all the girls, repo is just 300 mb or so without them.
Like what we're doing?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #508 on: August 13, 2014, 03:09:11 PM »
after last sync/update i had errors after MC choice so backuped char/rchar then cloned fresh copy from repo and ended up with same errors..

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 334, in script
  File "game/script.rpy", line 336, in python
NameError: name 'pytfall' is not defined

Full traceback:
  File "I:\Users\olivier\Downloads\renpy-6.15.7-sdk\renpy\execution.py", line 294, in run
    node.execute()
  File "I:\Users\olivier\Downloads\renpy-6.15.7-sdk\renpy\ast.py", line 732, in execute
  File "I:\Users\olivier\Downloads\renpy-6.15.7-sdk\renpy\python.py", line 1358, in py_exec_bytecode
  File "game/script.rpy", line 336, in <module>
    pytfall.arena = Arena()

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 6.17.3.327
PyTFall 0.47 Alpha

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 364, in script
  File "game/script.rpy", line 364, in python
NameError: name 'char' is not defined

Full traceback:
  File "I:\Users\olivier\Downloads\renpy-6.15.7-sdk\renpy\execution.py", line 294, in run
    node.execute()
  File "I:\Users\olivier\Downloads\renpy-6.15.7-sdk\renpy\ast.py", line 732, in execute
  File "I:\Users\olivier\Downloads\renpy-6.15.7-sdk\renpy\python.py", line 1358, in py_exec_bytecode
  File "game/script.rpy", line 364, in <module>
    $ all_chars = char.values()
NameError: name 'char' is not defined

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 6.17.3.327
PyTFall 0.47 Alpha

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 371, in script
  File "game/script.rpy", line 371, in python
NameError: name 'girl_unique_label' is not defined

Full traceback:
    node.execute()
  File "I:\Users\olivier\Downloads\renpy-6.15.7-sdk\renpy\ast.py", line 1547, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "I:\Users\olivier\Downloads\renpy-6.15.7-sdk\renpy\python.py", line 1392, in py_eval
    return eval(py_compile(source, 'eval'), globals, locals)
  File "game/script.rpy", line 371, in <module>
    if girl_unique_label in globals():
NameError: name 'girl_unique_label' is not defined

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 6.17.3.327
PyTFall 0.47 Alpha

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 389, in script
  File "game/script.rpy", line 389, in python
  File "game/script.rpy", line 389, in python
NameError: global name 'pytfall' is not defined

Full traceback:
    node.execute()
  File "game/script.rpy", line 389, in <module>
    $ shop_items = list(item for item in items.values() if (set(pytfall.shops) & set(item.locations)))
  File "game/script.rpy", line 389, in <genexpr>
    $ shop_items = list(item for item in items.values() if (set(pytfall.shops) & set(item.locations)))
NameError: global name 'pytfall' is not defined

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 6.17.3.327
PyTFall 0.47 Alpha

While running game code:
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - mainscreen.rpy", line 26, in script
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - mainscreen.rpy", line 26, in python
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - mainscreen.rpy", line 60, in python
  File "game/library/custom-screens.rpy", line 596, in python

Full traceback:
    node.execute()
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - mainscreen.rpy", line 26, in <module>
    $ result = ui.interact()
  File "I:\Users\olivier\Downloads\renpy-6.15.7-sdk\renpy\ui.py", line 237, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "I:\Users\olivier\Downloads\renpy-6.15.7-sdk\renpy\display\core.py", line 1993, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, **kwargs)
  File "I:\Users\olivier\Downloads\renpy-6.15.7-sdk\renpy\display\core.py", line 2235, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "I:\Users\olivier\Downloads\renpy-6.15.7-sdk\renpy\display\core.py", line 298, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback)
  File "I:\Users\olivier\Downloads\renpy-6.15.7-sdk\renpy\display\core.py", line 298, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback)
    d.visit_all(callback)
  File "I:\Users\olivier\Downloads\renpy-6.15.7-sdk\renpy\display\core.py", line 300, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "I:\Users\olivier\Downloads\renpy-6.15.7-sdk\renpy\display\core.py", line 2235, in <lambda>
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "I:\Users\olivier\Downloads\renpy-6.15.7-sdk\renpy\display\screen.py", line 166, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "I:\Users\olivier\Downloads\renpy-6.15.7-sdk\renpy\display\screen.py", line 266, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
  File "I:\Users\olivier\Downloads\renpy-6.15.7-sdk\renpy\screenlang.py", line 1236, in __call__
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, locals=scope)
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - mainscreen.rpy", line 60, in <module>
    use pyt_top_stripe(False)
  File "I:\Users\olivier\Downloads\renpy-6.15.7-sdk\renpy\display\screen.py", line 595, in use_screen
    screen.function(**scope)
  File "I:\Users\olivier\Downloads\renpy-6.15.7-sdk\renpy\screenlang.py", line 1236, in __call__
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, locals=scope)
  File "game/library/custom-screens.rpy", line 596, in <module>
    action [SetField(pytfall.hp, "came_from", last_label), Hide(renpy.current_screen().tag), Jump("hero_profile")]

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 6.17.3.327
PyTFall 0.47 Alpha

and so on.. lol

Offline lamoli

« Reply #509 on: August 13, 2014, 03:44:58 PM »
omg all this caused by 2k_tan in rchar.. error loading sample-2aed6f5b38a2f2eb364cbf6c173419e2.jpg caused cascading errors after MC screen when ignored that image error
renaming into sample.jpg the file + in json corrected the error
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 03:49:52 PM by lamoli »