devolution

Author Topic: when will 1.30 come out  (Read 58090 times)

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
Re: whem will 1.30 come out
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2010, 09:48:32 PM »
It's just semantics at that point.  Alpha releases are generally understood to be unstable.  Beta releases are understood to be mostly stable, but buggy.  It doesn't matter to me what you call it, but I want in on it.  >;o)
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline letmein

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2010, 10:42:28 PM »
I'd like to be included in a limited alpha release, please.
Still lurking.

Offline delta224

• Dev Team
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2010, 11:03:40 PM »
I doubt there will be too many bugs, it just not all of content will not be there.

Offline Fstop

• I <3 Deadpool
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2010, 11:09:33 PM »
I would also suggest till you guys are ready to release it instead of making a alpha build but if you do end up releasing it I dont see whats the point of making it a limited alpha release instead of a public on as long as everyone is clear its not the "final" version.
Deadpool: Shhh. My Common sense is tingling
Common sense so rare it's a god damn super power!

Offline Wispowill

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2010, 11:27:41 PM »
I'm actually all for an alpha release and that is because all the developers are working on it at the moment. DocClox has stated that he won't be fixing any bugs until the 1.30 release so there doesn't seem to be really any point in playing the game over and over until we can go at the newer release.

Add to this that I frequently take 1-2 week work trips behind restricted internet, but that for most (if not all) of January I'm off. So personally I'd rather be reporting bugs on a buggy version while I'm here at home then to wait unti the middle/end of February to find out that the next version was released the day after I left on my next trip. However, this is just a selfish reason so nobody needs to give too much weight to it.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 11:41:16 PM by Wispowill »

Offline ShiningRadiance

• I command thee!
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2010, 11:42:43 PM »
You make a good point. We are supposed to be testing this thing, aren't we? It'll be packed to the brim with bugs, but that'll be like paradise, given our supposed roles.
Please treat me well even though I don't deserve it.

Offline rever

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2010, 01:14:42 AM »
i have been following this game for a while (1.15 or some thing around there) but i have never had and really good input to justify signing up but i have to say on this topic, i would just like to hear an estimated time to see the 1.30. i don't really mind if its alpha or beta. it would just be nice to have a post saying "it looks like version X.XX will be out some time at the end of the month" and if that gets pushed pack it gets pushed back. just be nice to have a ballpark idea.

Offline LordJerle

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2010, 01:24:05 AM »
I've been following this game since the first release thread on hongfire, and I must point out, a lot of the intial releases could be considered alpha releases as many of them had bugs that rendered the game practically unplayable.  I'd love to be included in an alpha release.  Pretty please?  I'll give you cookies...

Offline jarto

« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2010, 08:42:46 AM »
I just want to see a tangible result of the progress you guys are having. It's been months since the last release. It's totally cool if you guys decide to not release until it is done, but I'd like at least an implementation of the existing dummied features, particularly the another girl/threesome/group options in the talk menu.

Offline highx9

« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2010, 02:30:01 PM »
hey, i wanna sign up for that alpha too hehe. since im the one who started this, im quite on the edge

Offline Sigfried666

« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2010, 03:18:05 PM »
I also would like to see an alpha, I want to see what is being made, if only, to drown in jealousy and perhaps, study harder on programming.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2010, 04:12:49 PM »
Anyone who wants in on the alpha release is welcome. I just want to add a little extra effort to the process, to try and ensure that everyone who gets it understands that it's not going to anywhere near production quality.

I just want to see a tangible result of the progress you guys are having. It's been months since the last release.

Last official release was Dec 16. I know it can seem longer.

Still, if all you want is some tangible sign of progress, this is about where I'm up to

Most of the buttons work, more or less. There's an odd slowdown on the adjuster buttons I can't seem to pin down at the moment. Oh, and the rest of the game still uses the old data, so currently this screen is just for show.

Offline Midnight_Amratha

« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2010, 06:34:11 PM »
just for fun and giggles i'll join the team of alpha males howling for any release. (i wonder if it can become any more freudian than this? )
The line between lunacy and genious is very thin.
So far i haven't been able to find it.

Offline LordJerle

« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2010, 07:47:19 PM »
I can't help but notice there's an arena... >.> How do we get the alpha build?  xD

Offline delta224

• Dev Team
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2010, 09:05:15 PM »
Two things
1. The alpha build does not exist yet.
2. The arena needs to be coded.  We are still trying to fill out the jobs.