Author Topic: Gallery of WTF  (Read 43933 times)

Offline megamanx

• I watch DBZ Abridged and give it three thumbs up
Re: Gallery of WTF
« Reply #75 on: September 02, 2010, 11:39:50 PM »
those are also called Blue laws if i remember my government class correctly
REST IN PIECE TOONAMI.
From beginning to the very end I was there. I will never forget.
Tom and the Absolution 1997-2008
A great Character and a funny host. You will live on forever in this.

Offline Kenki

« Reply #76 on: September 03, 2010, 01:00:14 AM »
If I remember correctly, a law in an Ohio town said it was illegal to herd your cow down Main Street.

This is why I hate the Progressive Politicians currently in power. You don't actually have to pass a law to be a successful politician. I'd rather have the guy that pass no new laws, but actually gets hundreds of  outdated, irrelevant, broken, asinine laws repealed.

Offline d31r3x

• Town Wards Martyr.
« Reply #77 on: September 03, 2010, 05:15:03 AM »
"In Florida, a special law prohibits unmarried women from parachuting on Sunday or she shall risk arrest, fine, and/or jailing."

WTF?

Sorry, I didn't know why I put the last ones...

Offline TF

« Reply #78 on: September 03, 2010, 07:16:35 AM »
Blue Laws aren't just strange or unintelligible, they're laws that were enacted due to the influence of the church. e.g. In many states, it's illegal to buy alcohol until noon on Sundays, several hours later than every other day, because that's when church usually lets out. Apparently the Christians don't want anybody to be able to get drunk *before them* when they're attending church.

Offline Abtakha

« Reply #79 on: September 03, 2010, 12:13:46 PM »
Hey TF, its not just the Christians, I've found a LOT of similar laws were put in by other groups, including several AGAINST religious groups, and more than just Christians - hell, prohibition was done more by the women than the church, tho i will admit the church was involved for that one :D
on the other hand, yeah, a lot of those were done by Christians, for pretty dumb reasons weren't they ::)

(edit) and no, I'm not trying to start a religious argument, but there's only one thing that makes me really mad, and that's stupid bigotry, either toward or against religion - you want to disprove or prove god to me, first prove you're thinking - 'I think therefore I am' apparently being the root of most scientific theories - and If you can't prove that, what can you prove and/or disprove? and no, brain waves don't count, if brainwaves were connected to thought as opposed to bodily control...well this is a relatively massive post anyways :D - be warned I will takes things to their literal and logical extremes :D
note: I do believe there are laws to the galaxy, gravity being a good example, I just don't believe we can PROVE. HOW. it works, and nor do I overly (and note the overly) care, it could be the flying spagetti monster for all I'm worried about it.
to D31r3x - those were the best ones!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 12:24:10 PM by Abtakha »
There will be exceptions to everything I say, without exception

Offline Lorde

• Accepting requests for girl expansion packs.
« Reply #80 on: September 03, 2010, 01:04:59 PM »
"In Florida, a special law prohibits unmarried women from parachuting on Sunday or she shall risk arrest, fine, and/or jailing."

WTF?

Sorry, I didn't know why I put the last ones...

Ok that just made me laugh  :D It's like one of those insane scroll down pics that gets crazier and crazier as you, well, scroll down. The Chicken Hot tub was a nice touch.

Current Girl Work Schedule            
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)
* Stab at The series He is my Master
* Run Elsie Jewelria and Yuuki Rito (To Love Ru)
* Yukari Takeba (Persona 3)
* Work on the Code Geass girls

Offline TF

« Reply #81 on: September 03, 2010, 01:37:43 PM »
Didn't mean to imply that Blue Laws were strictly Christian; that comment was directly at the one specific example I provided.

"A blue law is a type of law, typically found in the United States, designed to enforce religious standards, particularly the observance of   Sunday as a day of worship or rest, and a restriction on Sunday shopping... Laws of this type are also found in non-Christian cultures such as Israel, where the day concerned is Saturday rather than Sunday, and most countries with Muslim majority, where the month of Ramadan is involved."

Offline megamanx

« Reply #82 on: September 03, 2010, 01:42:58 PM »
oh i thought that a blue law was the kind that was tacked on at the end of another law to make the other party look dumb ;D
REST IN PIECE TOONAMI.

Offline Abtakha

« Reply #83 on: September 03, 2010, 02:11:47 PM »
to TF: no worries mate ;D
there's a lot of political/religious bullshit going on around my small area of the world right now - a lot of which amounts to 'I believe this, and I chose to find your beliefs offensive and therefore stupid so I shall openly mock you at every chance' - quite a bit of which is the SCHOOLS mocking any and all religions (except atheism). ::)
Didn't want (or mean) to claim anyone here was a bigot - to many opinions being thrown around and accepted (a lack of a real flame war was a fairly solid indication i thought) tho perhaps my points were some intelectual (misspelled i know) wtf for you all.
well, as my parents (and my religion) say quite frequently, moderation in all things.
/end rant

Offline TF

« Reply #84 on: September 03, 2010, 03:31:10 PM »
@ megamanx:  I think you might be thinking of riders (and possibly a type of rider with a specific name; they mention "poison pill" riders in the article, which aren't quite the same thing you're describing, but awfully close.)

@ Abtakha:  Did I miss something? Is that rant just about irl issues, or did I just completely miss some subtext here? I certainly wasn't trying to mock anyone (at least not in the last few posts,) and hadn't assumed anyone was calling me a bigot.

Offline megamanx

« Reply #85 on: September 03, 2010, 06:28:46 PM »
yeah that seems like what my gov teacher was talking about he just called them blue laws
REST IN PIECE TOONAMI.

Offline fixet

« Reply #86 on: September 03, 2010, 07:19:16 PM »
alright, seeing as you're all getting sidetracked, have some real wtf

http://www.dukenukemforever.com/

playable hands-on at pax, and shit looks awesome

Offline Lorde

• Accepting requests for girl expansion packs.
« Reply #87 on: September 17, 2010, 11:18:29 PM »
All signs point to this being a setup.

Still funny as fuck though  :D

http://www.efukt.com/20740_Cheating_Fail.html
Current Girl Work Schedule            
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)
* Stab at The series He is my Master
* Run Elsie Jewelria and Yuuki Rito (To Love Ru)
* Yukari Takeba (Persona 3)
* Work on the Code Geass girls

Offline Abtakha

« Reply #88 on: September 18, 2010, 12:47:56 PM »
This store was dropped during the 1964 earthquake up here in Alaska - mostly intact...beneath the pavement.
(edit) that's the second story, I had to crop the full pick, there's another couple buildings next to it, and the fulls clearer, but the dang pic's HUGE.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 12:50:08 PM by Abtakha »

Offline LordJerle

« Reply #89 on: September 19, 2010, 12:53:48 AM »
Not really a picture, but...
http://eng.dlsite.com/work/=/product_id/RE054751.html
Ah the things you find on dlsite...