devolution

Author Topic: Playstation 3 game suggestions?  (Read 48978 times)

Offline Lorde

• Accepting requests for girl expansion packs.
Re: Playstation 3 game suggestions?
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2010, 11:45:05 PM »

Yeah I actually enjoyed that games fishing. One of the few games I went out of my way to do MOST if not all the quests.

Now if anyone has played Resoncance of Fate. I'd like some opinions on that... I've been holding off on it for a while now.

Well I heard it's a fun game with a whacked out story. Which is like 99% of Tri-Aces Games. The Other 1 percent fall into the "Rushed development because parent company cut a backroom deal with a major software company turned console maker" category. aka Star Ocean: The Last Disappointment Hope. I'll probably pick that up in the next month or so. Resonance that is.
Current Girl Work Schedule            
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)
* Stab at The series He is my Master
* Run Elsie Jewelria and Yuuki Rito (To Love Ru)
* Yukari Takeba (Persona 3)
* Work on the Code Geass girls

Offline megamanx

• I watch DBZ Abridged and give it three thumbs up
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2010, 12:33:43 AM »
if you look on wikipedia for star ocean the last hope group photo there appears to be a girl that has a dick going all the way to her chin but when you zoom in on the pic it is just her collar
REST IN PIECE TOONAMI.
From beginning to the very end I was there. I will never forget.
Tom and the Absolution 1997-2008
A great Character and a funny host. You will live on forever in this.

Offline sgb

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2010, 05:42:25 PM »
I had to LOL hard at some of the recent NIS games.  Looking through the downloadables/add-on section their new games seem to have add-ons not for content, but for CHEATS.  Game makers, take notice!
Step 1: Make a game with soul shattering amounts of grind.
Step 2: Offer players ways to skip the grind if they pay extra.
Step 3: Profit!

Actually, I'm sure there's probably already MMO's out there that do that.  Which is why I've avoided that genre like the plague.

Offline necno

• Core Developer
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2010, 05:54:56 PM »
Hmm, it is an interesting idea. But you still have to get them addicted enough to want to skip the grind.
Click here to donate
After you do so please pm me the email address you used so I can add you to the donation forum.

Working on:
Whoremaster II (Official)
Birthright (Now a commercial rougelike)

Offline Mehzerz

• Rockin' the after life after party
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2010, 06:00:57 PM »
I had to LOL hard at some of the recent NIS games.  Looking through the downloadables/add-on section their new games seem to have add-ons not for content, but for CHEATS.  Game makers, take notice!

Actually, I'm sure there's probably already MMO's out there that do that.  Which is why I've avoided that genre like the plague.

Cross Edge, Agarest Wars and their new game Trinity whatever-it's-called all have DLC like that. But honestly, I kind of welcome it... all their games are huge grindfests. You don't HAVE to grind at all to beat the main story in any of their games, the post-game content is where all that comes in. At least now you have the option to skip all the silly grinding you don't want to do at the cost of whatever you're willing to pay. I think it's rather genius actually, it allows them to have a wider audience without having to adjust how they make games.
Anyone willing to pay the money for such a thing now has the option to. At no point do you have to buy it, and at no point will you absolutely need it. So to me it's more of a win/win than anything.
Starter girls image additions progress:
26 girls, 18 to go

Offline Lorde

« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2010, 06:09:28 PM »
Hmm, it is an interesting idea. But you still have to get them addicted enough to want to skip the grind.

That's easy enough. Make it free to play, then charge for gold and extra items and junk.

Example: Rappelz. The fact this is still getting updated and doesn't look like crap means this model seems to work.

At no point do you have to buy it, and at no point will you absolutely need it. So to me it's more of a win/win than anything.

This kinda reeks of paying someone else to play the game for you. Via the power level services that sprang up for MMO's. Where people would take your account and level it for you. For a fee of course... Never made sense to me.

They do say a fool and his money are soon parted.

Slightly off topic, Anyone play the free to play Megami Tensei MMO?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 06:11:23 PM by Lorde »
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)

Offline Mehzerz

• Rockin' the after life after party
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2010, 12:38:32 AM »
Played a little bit. Didn't get far enough to have much of an opinion though. It works like Persona 1 in a sense. You fight the demons and coerce them through various dialogue types to get them to join your side.
Starter girls image additions progress:
26 girls, 18 to go

Offline LordJerle

« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2010, 12:42:44 AM »
Perfect World International isn't too bad.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2010, 07:59:39 AM »

Sounds like every facebook game ever written.

This is how bad it is. There's a guy just made a facebook game called Cow Clicker. You get a cow, in a pasture, and every six hours you can click on it. That's the gameplay. You can use in-game money (Mooney) to buy more clicks and prettier clows and you can buy Money with real money. You also get more clicks if you get all your friends to come click on your cow.

He did it as a satire, to show how banal facebook games are if you boil them down the minimum. The killer is - people are playing his game. It seems it hits the same psychological weak points as the "real" games, and in doing so is simularly addictive.

http://www.bogost.com/blog/cow_clicker_1.shtml

Offline fixet

« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2010, 12:01:01 PM »
a new guilty gear has been announced, so there's something to look forward to

Offline sgb

« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2010, 06:49:06 PM »
Sounds like every facebook game ever written.

This is how bad it is. There's a guy just made a facebook game called Cow Clicker. You get a cow, in a pasture, and every six hours you can click on it. That's the gameplay. You can use in-game money (Mooney) to buy more clicks and prettier clows and you can buy Money with real money. You also get more clicks if you get all your friends to come click on your cow.

He did it as a satire, to show how banal facebook games are if you boil them down the minimum. The killer is - people are playing his game. It seems it hits the same psychological weak points as the "real" games, and in doing so is simularly addictive.

http://www.bogost.com/blog/cow_clicker_1.shtml
The fact the he flat out stated it was a joke meant to parody awful 'free to play' games and people still beg him to take their money is terrifying.  And also a sign that I took the wrong career path.  If someone had told me in high school they would make truckloads of cash by creating a severly stripped down Harvest Moon (Farmville, or whatever it's called), everyone would have laughed at them.

Oh how I wish I knew how stupid people were back then.

Offline LordJerle

« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2010, 12:51:11 AM »
a new guilty gear has been announced, so there's something to look forward to

I see not the appeal of Guilty Gear.
I tried it, and it seems to be one of those lame fighters that they seem to pump out en masse these days.

Offline fixet

« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2010, 09:06:25 AM »
what are you, insane?

and what game was it?
also, what "lame fighters that they seem to pump out en masse these days" are you referring to?
the only recent fighter that could be compared to gg is blazblue, which is a casual gg

Offline Lorde

« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2010, 11:25:28 AM »
You play around with Mugen, Fixet?

Also I never played GG either, so I can't pass judgment on it. I stopped playing 2d fighters when Tekken came out and stopped playing 3d when Soul Calibur 4 came out.  Bout all I play now IS SF4. (And Mugen but without an online mode that isn't as much fun.)
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)

Offline fixet

« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2010, 12:32:20 PM »
this?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M.U.G.E.N

this is the first time I heard of this, how does this work, exactly?