devolution

Author Topic: Crashing with new RGirl files  (Read 3898 times)

Offline Suddenlyfox

Crashing with new RGirl files
« on: August 12, 2019, 08:21:58 AM »
I'm trying to make my own RGirls, but when the file contains certain traits, the game will crash opening the slave market.  Unfortunately, this includes all 3 sexualities, so I can work around it by removing those traits from the file.  Other RGirls load properly.  Additionally, if those traits are disabled, the game will frequently load hard coded random RGirls, claiming that it couldn't find any .rgirlsx files or that there was an error with an rgirlsx file
The file was created using the Character and Item Editor from version 06.04.01
I have attached a copy of the crashing file, which will load if you delete all traits below One Eye (or use the attached non-crashing version)
The log doesn't show any errors, even with all logging on.
I have removed all other RGirls to avoid any potential conflicts, and well as removed the image folder but neither.

What's causing the file to crash and how can I get it working?

Offline Plonker

• Variety is the spice of life!
Re: Crashing with new RGirl files
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2019, 03:57:23 PM »
Think there might be too many traits (can't remember what the max number you can have), the file closes off at the end like this :-
        <Trait Name="Cat Girl" Percent="100" />
        <Trait Name="Different Colored Eyes" Percent="30" />
        <Trait Na
It should close like this :-
        <Trait Name="Viras Blood Addict" Percent="10" />
        <Trait Name="Exotic" Percent="10" />
        <Trait Name="Dry Milk" Percent="10" />
    </Girl>
</Girls>

Offline Suddenlyfox

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2019, 09:11:18 PM »
I think that might be an error downloading them from the site - I put the file up on Mega - https://mega.nz/#!VKxmmAyb!SxauftnKNWmcbY3qZ084C7oOmq8N7xnLdaZ1lZChRZ8

Offline pollo_2019

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2019, 05:31:05 AM »
Hi, i am new, i just picked up the game recently and been experimenting with it for about 2 days, i like this type of game, so I'm really enjoying it, thank you for making it and maintaining it.

This said i got an big pack and struggled a lot figuring out why it crashed ultimately making it work...  but that's off topic.

i did just test the limitation of traits to a single rgirlsx entry... and its exactly 60, if you have 61+ in there the game will crash every time 60 and less works.

Offline Suddenlyfox

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2019, 06:07:47 PM »
Thanks Pollo, that appears to have fixed it.  I knew there was a limit on how many traits they could have, but didn't think it would have a limit on how many traits were possible.  I'd also expect it to handle it more gracefully, such as simply rejecting additional traits instead of crashing.