devolution

Author Topic: Whore Master 1.30.0 alpha r416  (Read 68122 times)

Offline slpowerhouse

Re: Whore Master 1.30.0 alpha r372
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2010, 10:42:10 AM »
any diagnostics in the gamelog? it shouldn't crash without giving you a line number for the file.
when I try to load from a save the last line in the game log is
loading girls

I have made an item that turns the girls Incorporeal but that shouldn't be a problem when loading them. plus I don't know if it is crashing form loading the girls files into the system or if it is from trying to load up the girls that I own into my brothel and dungeon.

edit:
eh, Never mind I was an idiot and had too many girls trying to load into the game so it crashed because my computer couldn't handle it. I just tested by moving some of the girls and rgirls files to my back up folder for these files and it started loading the save games fine (well the newly made game that weren't running on all the rgirls and girls files).
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 10:52:47 AM by slpowerhouse »

Offline Zeus

« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2010, 11:08:59 AM »
Is it possible to install an overview in the Turn Summery showing as a bookmaker where how much gold was taken off where how much was taken?

Example: "Revenue:
Whores: 3000
Stripper 300
Total revenue: 3300 Gold
Weight:
Training: 240
Salary matron: 600
Gangs: 780
Total expenditure: 1520 Gold

Total amount of premiums received: 1780 Gold

or if it is negative then stop taking -300 or so.

The purpose of the whole would be: you can see exactly where how much goes away. and if given rethink unnecessary expenditure.

(So that the whole can be translated with Google translate my brain because I was not able to translate ...)
why fear 6 7? 7 8 9! (just say it loud and you understand ... mh... jokes you have to explain are crap... Sorry ^^)

Offline Nalkyr Maloth

« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2010, 11:48:49 AM »
when I try to load from a save the last line in the game log is
loading girls

I have made an item that turns the girls Incorporeal but that shouldn't be a problem when loading them. plus I don't know if it is crashing form loading the girls files into the system or if it is from trying to load up the girls that I own into my brothel and dungeon.

edit:
eh, Never mind I was an idiot and had too many girls trying to load into the game so it crashed because my computer couldn't handle it. I just tested by moving some of the girls and rgirls files to my back up folder for these files and it started loading the save games fine (well the newly made game that weren't running on all the rgirls and girls files).

I think that probably the save file you tried to load is corrupted. I had the same problem with one game but loading the autosave worked fine (and I had ALL the girl packs and a 5-6 year old PC)

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2010, 01:32:33 PM »
Ah, ok Dagoth.  I was wondering what those fights in the gamelog file were since I didn't see them happening in the game or in the command line when I clicked the next week button.  Why do the girls fight were we can't see them? Just wondering what idea got you guys to implement that and make it pretty much invisible unless you open a file?
Those fights are from girls whose job is to explore the catacombs or capture beasts (yes, the beasts are generated as random "girls" just to get something with random stats to fight). The only way to see the actual blow-by-blow for those fights is indeed by viewing the gamelog.txt file; you can see the basic outcome in the turn summary for the girl involved, though.

Is it possible to install an overview in the Turn Summery showing as a bookmaker where how much gold was taken off where how much was taken?
I posted this elsewhere, but yes, I plan to do that at some point.

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
Re: Whore Master 1.30.0 alpha r385
« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2010, 05:08:33 PM »
Update to r385 (356 KB, unzip it over any older 1.30.0 alpha version):
http://www.mediafire.com/file/1tgr5mnygww/wm_1.30.0_alpha_update_r385.zip

This update includes several changes, mainly covered in my post here.

Offline slpowerhouse

« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2010, 06:22:31 PM »
I think that probably the save file you tried to load is corrupted. I had the same problem with one game but loading the autosave worked fine (and I had ALL the girl packs and a 5-6 year old PC)

well it happened on auto save as well and occasionally on creating a brand new game. Like I said I think it's my computers processor power, when ever I load a game or create a new game my cpu goes to 50-70% being used, on the times when it crashed the cpu went to 90-100% until I closed the WM.

Offline fires_flair

« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2010, 10:33:11 PM »
ya, wm is hard on older comps... it runs high on mine too (though I've never actually had it crash on me though but then again i have over 1gb ram)

Offline slpowerhouse

« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2010, 11:11:46 PM »
ya, wm is hard on older comps... it runs high on mine too (though I've never actually had it crash on me though but then again i have over 1gb ram)
Well, right now I can only use my laptop that is 2 years old running vista(the source of my money hates me so I can't get the update to 7) and the crashing is just the program going non responsive, i call this a crash because it should not happen.  My desktop has not had a problem with this game yet but I haven't had a chance to update the game on their yet (it's 2 years old but has higher ram than my laptop).

Offline coldheartzero

« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2010, 05:00:37 PM »
I was having some crashing issues every time I tried to load a game. I could play for 20 minutes or more before the game would crash and I could never load a saved game, even a game that had just started with no slaves. On a whim I decided to remove all custom girls and the game ran just fine, flawlessly. I added them back in and got crashes again.

Most of my custom girls are blatant cheats, so I got to thinking maybe it was all the traits I gave them, So I removed all the traits that didn't appear to do anything. Like long legs and puffy nipples. They don't seem to effect price or stats and now everything works fine.  All saves work, I can play for hours with no issues with 4 brothels full of girls/daughters/grand daughters.

I haven't tried all the features, I read movies don't work so I don't mess with that. The Bar and gambling hall doesn't seem to work either. I get no loss nor apparent gains of income so I stopped messing with those features.

Offline RyuKaze

« Reply #54 on: May 21, 2010, 10:56:41 AM »
I'm not sure if these are bugs or known issues that more important things were being worked on first...but...

Setting a random girl to have the MILF trait (even at 99 and 100) has come up once in about 20 girls of that random type.

Custom girls never come up Virgin, even when they start with mostly or all 0's in skills and are under 20. (Which reminds me I thought I saw a mention of possibly adding Virgin chance configs and wondered if that was still something that was coming or if I should try and boggle at that config thing someone posted.)

Catacombs girls who are defeated and raped are still virgins (if they were to begin with) and seem to have no risk of pregnancy (config settings imply they can't?).

Some Matrons frequently lose health (especially when pregnant) and sometimes go on rest. Not really a problem if you could have 2, but having 1 makes them resting a risky prospect for some girls, especially beast capture and catacombs.

Customer Service girls no longer seem to get 'used' by the customers (that might have been a fix though as it only happened a couple of times in the update before 385) and XXX entertainers (if virgin before) remain virgins. Technically possible, but strange. Also, singer can get pulled off stage and played with, but cust serv, dealers and the 2 entertainer types can't?

I'm sure there was one more thing I was going to ask/mention... but I can't remember what it was...

Offline slpowerhouse

« Reply #55 on: May 21, 2010, 11:26:00 AM »
I don't know how this bug came about or if it's been fixed but I one time had a girl that was both a milf and a virgin.  I laughed when I saw this because it is physically impossible.

Oh and I think that since technically taking away a girl's virginity could be considered hurting them and as such the incorporeal girls should retain it, that is if they had their virginity when they became incorporeal.

Offline fixet

« Reply #56 on: May 21, 2010, 05:44:06 PM »
I don't know how this bug came about or if it's been fixed but I one time had a girl that was both a milf and a virgin.  I laughed when I saw this because it is physically impossible.
someone's gonna have some explaining to do when they die

Offline Zeus

« Reply #57 on: May 22, 2010, 01:41:14 AM »
Great now some idiots gonna write a book about this and we're gonna have another crappy religion to deal with.
QFTW! best way to explaine "MILF Virgins" XD....
why fear 6 7? 7 8 9! (just say it loud and you understand ... mh... jokes you have to explain are crap... Sorry ^^)

Offline Wispowill

« Reply #58 on: May 22, 2010, 02:26:28 AM »
For rev 385

Bugs-
After running a long time without saving, inventory gave me three of an item that I only bought one of. After progressing to the next week everything in player inventory was missing except item just bought.  After this happened the second time I started saving before inventory transactions and didn't have the problem again.

Fluke beast pregnancy when monster chance was set in config to 0%.

Had one girl repeatedly annoucing a new pregnancy while still pregnant from first time. Seemed to happen quite a bit at 5 weeks when pregnancy was set to 10. This is the same girl that later had the fluke beast pregnancy.

Your daughter tag disappears after a period of time. (I think this has been mentioned by others.)

In endings: "permises" was misspelled. Also, one of the endings talked of a matriarch, but 80% of the pronouns were masculine, with a few that were correct. 

Gameplay mechanics:
Just about all the daughters have 90-100% looks.

Children have house percentage of 60% despite being slaves.

Seemed to have an excessive amount of 'no customers interested in girl' for a number of girls. Even when pumping their stats way up with items, customers just weren't interested. I tried to stick several girls in a house by themselves, and eventually reduced to one girl stuck in a house by herself with a matron and a cleaner. The house had level 5 advertising and I still could only get one customer every two or three weeks. This went on until I finally quit the game, at which she still hadn't gone to level 1. I'm assuming this has to do with some trait or combination of traits, but wasn't able to single out which one/ones. The girls in question didn't seem to have traits I'd consider negative, like aggresive or whatever.

To get the game ending, a person needs to concentrate gangs on sabotage. Maybe it's just my playstyle, but after getting the first ending I was basically in a position to cycle through the different story endings rapidly one after another.

Offline sgb

« Reply #59 on: May 22, 2010, 11:18:48 AM »
Seemed to have an excessive amount of 'no customers interested in girl'   for a number of girls. Even when pumping their stats way up with items,   customers just weren't interested. I tried to stick several girls in a   house by themselves, and eventually reduced to one girl stuck in a house   by herself with a matron and a cleaner. The house had level 5   advertising and I still could only get one customer every two or three   weeks. This went on until I finally quit the game, at which she still   hadn't gone to level 1. I'm assuming this has to do with some trait or   combination of traits, but wasn't able to single out which one/ones. The   girls in question didn't seem to have traits I'd consider negative,   like aggresive or whatever.
I've brought this up as well.  Certain girls in my game can get 8+ customers both shifts every week.  Most other girls are damn lucky to get more than 2, seemingly regardless of looks or traits. This creates a huge problem if you get a bunch of the 'dud' girls to start with; seeing as you generally need about two customers just to pay for adequete housing (for non-slaves giving at ~65% take) level and anti-pregnancy potions.  All you can really do is hope you get a super slave-girl or two that will work 5+ customers at 100% to carry your business.