devolution

Author Topic: Whore Master Patch  (Read 192391 times)

Offline b00marrows

Re: Whore Master Patch
« Reply #60 on: April 22, 2012, 02:33:11 PM »
riiiggghhhttt that makes things a bit clearer..a little bit...

if i wanted to MAKE a .girlsx file it would look like this:
<Girls>
    <Girl    Name = 'Name'
        Desc = 'Desc'
        Gold = '0'
        Charisma    = '0'
        Happiness    = '0'
        Libido        = '0'
        Constitution    = '0'
        Intelligence    = '0'
        Confidence    = '0'
        Mana        = '0'
        Agility        = '0'
        Fame        = '0'
        Level        = '0'
        AskPrice    = '0'
        House        = '0'
        Exp        = '0'
        Age        = '18'
        Obedience    = '0'
        Spirit        = '0'
        Beauty        = '0'
        Tiredness    = '0'
        Health        = '100'
        PCFear        = '0'
        PCLove        = '0'
        PCHate        = '0'
        Anal        = '0'
        Magic        = '0'
        BDSM        = '0'
        NormalSex    = '0'
        OralSex    = '0'
        Group        = '0'
        Lesbian        = '0'
        Service        = '0'
        Strip        = '0'
        Combat        = '0'
        Status        = 'Normal'
    >
        <Trait Name = 'Trait' />
    </Girl>

correct?
(if it isent clear yet i am transfering my favorite packs over from other versions to the one you are about to release. therfor i wanted a template to work on beacuse i have never done this before.)

and the last (?) problem would be the picture names would they need to be "Profile*.jpg" ("*"being a number) starting with no number?(EG:Profile.jpg than Profile1.jpg) or starting with "Profile1.jpg"

Offline Aika

« Reply #61 on: April 22, 2012, 03:46:20 PM »
Please don't take any offense to this, but I'm not going to hold your hand through the whole process of converting your girls. Some measure of trial and error is assumed, and I've given you all the information you need to do it yourself. If I hold your hand through the whole process, I might as well have done it myself

I'm currently working on going over the last few details before I release the next mod; making sure the interface changes work correctly, testing and squashing bugs as best I can, ensuring the scripts all work correctly, etc. I should be ready to release by the time anyone working on making an initial pack is finished.

That is, if there's anyone working on the initial girls pack for me. If not, that will delay me a bit while I make one myself.

Offline sgb

« Reply #62 on: April 22, 2012, 03:53:40 PM »
Nobody's actually saying I'm mimicking EX. I just wanted to nip that one in the bud. You all have been great here. At least here I don't have to deal with the drama shitstorm I dealt with in the Futanaripalace forum, where they started berating me for removing bestiality. Even people who didn't like bestiality were yelling at me for 'censoring' it. -_-;;

So screw them. I've taken my ball to play elsewhere, as far as they're concerned.
There's nothing wrong with taking the good ideas EX used and putting them into the standard version of the game.  The extra image categories not only make sense, but are basically required in order to differentiate the bar jobs from the brothel ones.  While I don't particually care about the bestiality category either way, I can understand people wondering why you'd remove something that was already there and no causing any problems (if fact, removing it causes problems since you now have to remove the stat from girlx files).  It's your patch, so it's your call if you don't care for it.  Any chance you'll combine this way Anon21's patch changes?  He fixed all kinds of non-job related issues and annoyances, such as allowing the player to buy new brothels based on total fame instead of businesses for those who want to ignore the useless gang part of the game entirely.  I still have his final patch with the source code intact if you want it.  Merging his work with your job system and image overhaul would create a perfect (well, as good as WM will ever get) game.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 03:59:21 PM by sgb »

Offline b00marrows

« Reply #63 on: April 22, 2012, 03:57:10 PM »
Please don't take any offense to this, but I'm not going to hold your hand through the whole process of converting your girls. Some measure of trial and error is assumed, and I've given you all the information you need to do it yourself. If I hold your hand through the whole process, I might as well have done it myself

I'm currently working on going over the last few details before I release the next mod; making sure the interface changes work correctly, testing and squashing bugs as best I can, ensuring the scripts all work correctly, etc. I should be ready to release by the time anyone working on making an initial pack is finished.

That is, if there's anyone working on the initial girls pack for me. If not, that will delay me a bit while I make one myself.

well fine, i have changed all 137 girls to my exampled version, ill wait and test. i dobt it will work and after all that shit i doubt ill try to fix it after.

EDIT: 2 things
1. that seemd to come out wrong... ok, i have finished changing 137 girls over to the version i exampled above. and after doing ALL of that i doubt i will do it again.

2. someone IS willing to work on a pack for you, you needed to PM them. they are called Lurker if i remember they replied on the last page i think.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 04:27:34 PM by b00marrows »

Offline Aika

« Reply #64 on: April 22, 2012, 05:40:02 PM »
I've looked through a good number of Lurker's packs recently, actually. A lot of them don't really fit what I'm looking for in the image categories, and I hate to ask him to go out of his way to change his image packs to fit my standard. A lot of his packs would need a lot of changes before I'd be willing to pack them in my game. If he wants to do this, great! But he's done so much already for EX and the normal game, I'd feel all kinds of selfish asking him directly to modify his packs to fit my ideals of the image categories.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 05:41:56 PM by Aika »

Offline Lurker

« Reply #65 on: April 22, 2012, 05:54:14 PM »
I've looked through a good number of Lurker's packs recently, actually. A lot of them don't really fit what I'm looking for in the image categories, and I hate to ask him to go out of his way to change his image packs to fit my standard. A lot of his packs would need a lot of changes before I'd be willing to pack them in my game. If he wants to do this, great! But he's done so much already for EX and the normal game, I'd feel all kinds of selfish asking him directly to modify his packs to fit my ideals of the image categories.

Dude, not a problem. Basically what you'd need is a start. I dont mind putting one together for you.
Once that is done I can go back to my old shenannigans. xD
But, if you'd rather someone else do it, or you do it yourself. I wont object.

From what i gather you don't want the standard japanese censor stuff, or handjob images in the BJ section?

Offline Aika

« Reply #66 on: April 22, 2012, 06:29:48 PM »
Nah, it's more that if it's in the Sex category, sex is what needs to be happening. More often than not, like in the attached picture, sex is not what's happening here. In this picture, she's showing off her tits and he's jacking off. Not sex.

Ecchi category, I see a lot of nude pics, and I don't think they're really appropriate for the Ecchi category in this game. The pictures in this category should definitely be safely in the Not Safe For Work category, but more for how the girl is acting than what she's wearing. The girl can be wearing a burka, but if she's in the process of stripping it off and the important bits are starting to show, it would go in the Ecchi category. On the other side of things, most pictures where she is completely naked don't really fit, especially bathhouse scenes. She's undressed, but she's not acting ecchi, if that makes sense. Or maybe I'm just biased because I get off more on partially dressed girls than fully undressed.

Another point against the nude pics is that the pics in the Ecchi category will be shown in the Sleazy bar or any stripping category jobs. In the stripper job, she's being paid to undress. In the sleazy bar, the barmaids and waitresses will be serving the customers (but not 'servicing') while wearing fetish outfits or lingerie.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 06:39:47 PM by Aika »

Offline Lurker

« Reply #67 on: April 22, 2012, 06:40:26 PM »
I get what you are saying, and it makes sense.
My packs are tailored after my taste and based off WM EX and its flavor text. But, whatshisface, who made EX wasn't a fan of my packs either since he though they were to hardcore.  ;D
My packs will likely continue in the same fashion as the ones i already got, BUT, if you ask me to make a few packs for you as a starter pack i will of course make em the way you want, so they fit in with your vision of the game. :D

Offline Aika

« Reply #68 on: April 22, 2012, 06:51:37 PM »
If you could make a few packs for me, that would be great. I've got one unique girl pack already made, who will be appearing in the dungeon. Another 2 or 3 unique girls (at least 2 girls should be found around town, and another dungeoneer wouldn't hurt), at least 2 basic monster girls (catgirls, bunnygirls, etc.), and a few random girl variants to show up in the slave market would get my game off to a good start, and then you'd be free to make expansion packs for my game to your taste for others to download.

Of course, I'll be taking a look at what you release, and if I like it enough I'll be adding it to the game releases. :P

Offline Popuri

« Reply #69 on: April 22, 2012, 07:07:28 PM »
I could give it a try as well.  Lurker and I have worked together (somewhat) in the past before.  Was curious about a few things.  Do you prefer these images are sized for a particular resolution, for now?  I tend to play in 800 by 600 since it fits on my laptop, so most of my images are sized around that.  As a result, in general I only use about 1-3 mb of space per girl.  As well, would you prefer girls have trigger/script files in their initial release?

Offline Aika

« Reply #70 on: April 22, 2012, 07:43:57 PM »
I could give it a try as well.  Lurker and I have worked together (somewhat) in the past before.  Was curious about a few things.  Do you prefer these images are sized for a particular resolution, for now?  I tend to play in 800 by 600 since it fits on my laptop, so most of my images are sized around that.  As a result, in general I only use about 1-3 mb of space per girl.  As well, would you prefer girls have trigger/script files in their initial release?

For now, I'm only releasing in 800 by 600, so images sized for that should be fine. 1-3mb per girl sounds fine, that'll keep the size of the game down. For the initial release girls, the trigger/script files should be kept to a minimum. These are going to be basic girls to get players started with before they start to download the extra girl packs I'll be eventually releasing along with (hopefully) yourself and lurker.

Offline Lurker

« Reply #71 on: April 22, 2012, 07:50:17 PM »
i'll give it a go tomorrow. For now I'm gonna go back to shitting bricks while exploring "the zone" in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. !  xD

Offline GonDra

« Reply #72 on: April 23, 2012, 12:59:42 PM »
I threw together an Editor version that should output correct xml files for Girls, rGirls, and items.
Needless to say I don't have tested it with the game because I don't have the Mod version that should require it.

Now a Disclaimer: The Editor doesn't work with unmodified xml files! You have to replace each "Beastiality" with "OralSex" in the files. (search&replace functions are in every text editor known to me, so that should not be an issue)

The Editor seems to work correctly and I even went and changed the Ui to prevent confusion.

There are a lot of things the editor could do better but the source code is a bit messy and I remember next to nothing of what I should about C#, and while I would like to put at least some sanity checks in the code I doubt I will find the energy to deal with the coding.

Offline Aika

« Reply #73 on: April 23, 2012, 02:57:13 PM »
That's awesome, thanks! If it works, you just saved me hours to days of figuring out the C# coding.

Now if only I could get my hands on a copy of the script editor source code...

Offline superdarkmario

« Reply #74 on: April 23, 2012, 05:18:19 PM »
... 800x600 is an extremely low resolution. Everything will look fugly and/or extremely small. I hope a version with a higher res is on the planning.