Author Topic: Whore Master Patch  (Read 192444 times)

Offline drake

Re: Whore Master Patch
« Reply #345 on: June 20, 2012, 11:22:59 AM »
I have a question. Is there a list somewhere that would give me a general idea of what stat(s) makes a girl good or bad at a particular job? The skills are pretty straightforward, except for service skills. The stats however are a little more opaque, especially when thinking about the non-sex related jobs.

I ask because it occurred to me that some stats could be more valuable than others. For example, Charisma seems like it could apply to a ton of jobs, whereas the usefulness of Mana seems much more limited.

easiest way is to look at the source coe for each job, tells you which stats determine # of customers served and which stats affect pay

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #346 on: June 20, 2012, 11:47:41 AM »

easiest way is to look at the source coe for each job, tells you which stats determine # of customers served and which stats affect pay

Just don't forget to add that most of the code is very well commented. Not everyone can read C++ but there is a lot explained in plain English in comments.
Like what we're doing?

Offline b00marrows

« Reply #347 on: June 20, 2012, 01:54:55 PM »
have been reading through some of the files to find the requirements for jobs...nothing yet BUT i found something that interests me....
"    // Mana

// Set threshold at 20 as that is what is required to charm a customer to sleep with a girl"

its found in "cbrothel.cpp", somewhere near the matron section around the middle of the file. altho i dont understand it fully, could someone explain?

my next issue is temporary stats mainly libideo. for some reason equipment gives temporery stats that can be ignored to the point where a stat can be replaced just by un-equiping and re-equiping the piece of equipment. kinda dumb. i think i brought this up before.

still looking for the job infos ill post if i find em!

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #348 on: June 20, 2012, 02:48:50 PM »
"    // Mana

// Set threshold at 20 as that is what is required to charm a customer to sleep with a girl"

its found in "cbrothel.cpp", somewhere near the matron section around the middle of the file. altho i dont understand it fully, could someone explain?

This doesn't do much, a simple check if a girl should use mana restoring item if she has one. There could be another check somewhere where a girl can charm costumer, I am not familiar enough with the code to know for sure where and if it actually works.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Number76

« Reply #349 on: June 21, 2012, 03:17:34 AM »

True, and given enough time I will answer my own question. But I figured I'd ask on the off chance that someone else already had the knew.

Offline b00marrows

« Reply #350 on: June 21, 2012, 03:59:52 AM »
all i have found in the source code is the "results" of jobs (the benefits for working are kinda pathetic from what i can see, you never gain more than 2 stats mostly being libido) ill keep looking tho...

EDIT: after taking a fresh look i found it right away.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 04:07:37 AM by b00marrows »

Offline b00marrows

« Reply #351 on: June 21, 2012, 04:38:51 AM »
i must be missing something. most jobs don't use any skills! yes, i think i am looking at the wrong thing all i can find is what is needed for more customers. jobs like matron/torturer don't have any "normal" benefits, but other jobs display what is needed to increase customers or results (like cleaning or security).

from the look of this code:
Code: [Select]
    // Complication
    if(g_Dice%100 <= 10)
completing the matron task is pure luck, no stats included in the calculation. so is that  a base 10% success chance?
And the same goes for torturer:
    // Complications
    if(g_Dice%100 <= 10)
im missing something right? after a second glance these must be more somewhere elce. these look like the chance of the girl liking the job, if so, i still don't like it.

Offline crazy

« Reply #352 on: June 21, 2012, 05:00:03 AM »
from the look of this code:
    // Complication
    if(g_Dice%100 <= 10)
completing the matron task is pure luck, no stats included in the calculation. so is that  a base 10% success chance?
And the same goes for torturer:
    // Complications
    if(g_Dice%100 <= 10)
im missing something right? after a second glance these must be more somewhere elce. these look like the chance of the girl liking the job, if so, i still don't like it.
Matron job isn't handled there it's handled somewhere else.  But what your looking at is old jobs the new jobs akia is coding are way more involved.  Skills are mostly used for sex or combat jobs as only one skill isn't for them and that is service.

Offline b00marrows

« Reply #353 on: June 21, 2012, 05:39:37 AM »
Matron job isn't handled there it's handled somewhere else.  But what your looking at is old jobs the new jobs akia is coding are way more involved.  Skills are mostly used for sex or combat jobs as only one skill isn't for them and that is service.

ha ha, now i am even more confused. so is it true that there only a base 10% chance a girl will do the matron job "well"? and no stats help in the chance of her liking the job?

Offline crazy

« Reply #354 on: June 21, 2012, 05:44:23 AM »
ha ha, now i am even more confused. so is it true that there only a base 10% chance a girl will do the matron job "well"? and no stats help in the chance of her liking the job?
No there is a 10% chance something will go wrong.  As I said most of the matron job is handle in cJobManager.cpp not in what your looking at.

Offline b00marrows

« Reply #355 on: June 21, 2012, 05:51:19 AM »
oh ok thanks, little less confused now :D

Offline Number76

« Reply #356 on: July 03, 2012, 03:27:50 AM »
So, correct me if I'm wrong, but as I've been trying to get a better understanding of the game I came across the following code in WorkBarSinger.cpp:

int customers = 0;
    if (g_Girls.GetStat(girl, STAT_CONFIDENCE) > 0)
        customers += (g_Girls.GetStat(girl, STAT_CONFIDENCE)/25);
    if (g_Girls.GetStat(girl, STAT_INTELLIGENCE) > 0)
        customers += (g_Girls.GetStat(girl, STAT_SPIRIT)/25);
    customers++;

Shouldn't the fifth line read "customers += (g_Girls.GetStat(girl, STAT_INTELLIGENCE)/25);" instead?

It looks to me like the second if statement will check if a girl's intelligence greater than 0, and then measure how many customers she can handle based off her spirit. Is this correct, or am I not understanding something about how this should work?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #357 on: July 03, 2012, 03:58:47 AM »
So, correct me if I'm wrong, but as I've been trying to get a better understanding of the game I came across the following code in WorkBarSinger.cpp:

int customers = 0;
    if (g_Girls.GetStat(girl, STAT_CONFIDENCE) > 0)
        customers += (g_Girls.GetStat(girl, STAT_CONFIDENCE)/25);
    if (g_Girls.GetStat(girl, STAT_INTELLIGENCE) > 0)
        customers += (g_Girls.GetStat(girl, STAT_SPIRIT)/25);
    customers++;

Shouldn't the fifth line read "customers += (g_Girls.GetStat(girl, STAT_INTELLIGENCE)/25);" instead?

It looks to me like the second if statement will check if a girl's intelligence greater than 0, and then measure how many customers she can handle based off her spirit. Is this correct, or am I not understanding something about how this should work?

I don't think this will have an actual impact. Aika wanted to make Spirit as a leading stat for singers and so he did. I've never seen a girl in WM with intelligence at 0 so the code will work as intended. It's should not cause any bugs or problems under normal circumstances but since you've caught it...
Like what we're doing?

Offline Number76

« Reply #358 on: July 08, 2012, 03:50:01 AM »
@xela

I agree that it's not a game breaking issue. Also spirit makes sense as a leading stat for singers.

That aside I've noticed a few other things:

Loading a game sets the brothel happiness value to about 50. An easy way to test this is to create a new game (brothel happiness =0) and then save and load. The brothel reputation will update to medium, and if you open the save file and look at the brothel happiness stat it will be 48.

This means that to make any progress on increasing brothel fame (increasing brothel fame requires brothel happiness to be > 75) you must do so by playing without loading. A good way to discourage save scamming I suppose.

Another issue is that having a girl work the customer service job appears to prevent brothel happiness from increasing, or allow only very small changes. To test this I created a brothel with 11 (edited to be very overpowered) girls, and set the following for both shifts:

3 barmaids
2 singers
2 waitresses
1 matron
1 security
1 cleaning

The starting brothel happiness was 53, and it was virtually guaranteed that all customers on both shifts would be served. If the 11th girl had free time for both shifts, then after about 11 turns brothel happiness would be >75 (reputation = high). If the 11th girl was assigned to customer service, then the brothel happiness would still be 53 after 11 turns.

I didn't do exhaustive testing of this. So I don't know if this has to do with a customer service girl getting no unhappy customers, or if this will also prevent brothel happiness from decreasing.

Both of these tests were performed in v2.10 of Akia's mod.

Has anyone else seen either of these issues?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #359 on: July 08, 2012, 04:29:42 AM »
 :o you'd make an awesome betatester. Catching these types of bugs is not an easy task. I doubt anyone pays this close attention to a patch in the middle of development cycle so job well done!
Like what we're doing?