devolution

Author Topic: Birth in Dungeon  (Read 5267 times)

Offline Sigfried666

Birth in Dungeon
« on: October 27, 2009, 04:19:09 PM »
Since there is nothing of noe happening on the dungeons, I wondered what happens when a girl gives birth in the dungeons.
Does the birth really happens and the child will grow up, or would the birth be ignored?

Offline necno

• Core Developer
Re: Birth in Dungeon
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2009, 12:07:36 AM »
It should happen as normal.
Click here to donate
After you do so please pm me the email address you used so I can add you to the donation forum.

Working on:
Whoremaster II (Official)
Birthright (Now a commercial rougelike)

Offline letmein

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2009, 07:42:49 PM »
This reminds me:  have you considered the suggestion to add a dungeon part to the turn summary screen, necno?  I'm pretty sure this was brought up once, but I can't remember if you said "no", "sure, just not now" or "sure, expect it to happen soonish".  With the building upgrade coming on, would this be a good time to throw that in there since there's a chance you'll have to mess with some of the turn summary screen display anyway?

Which, actually, brings me to another point you've probaby already considered:  how, if at all, will you change the TS when you create the new building types?  I'd like to see a couple lines on the building you're looking in the TS.  Obviously, you show the name, but the building type, total and available girl slots, number of customers, and building income could all be shown here as well.  Perhaps you could have a building summary display exactly like the girl summary, as a selectable option?  The only tough (or at least, ineffecient) thing I see with that is displaying the summary at the top instead of tha bottom, since my limited coding skills tell me that requires some neat programming judo.
Still lurking.

Offline necno

• Core Developer
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2009, 09:10:07 PM »
yes the ts is going to be replaced.. again :D
I'm probably going to shrink severely the image displayed on the summary screen to make room for stuff.. i like stuff.
Also as a side note, i'm going to redo the girl management screen just as soon as i get icons in lists implemented which obviously has many advantages. Also on this screen i want to add the ability to assign jobs to multiple girls (as selected) similar to how you can assign jobs to gangs.
Click here to donate
After you do so please pm me the email address you used so I can add you to the donation forum.

Working on:

Offline letmein

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2009, 11:55:33 PM »
You know, necno, what seems to be the general trend is that the TS, the staff summary, and the girl summary screens are overlapping more and more.  Perhaps you should consider just merging them completely?  I can see where there could be problems with that, but it would also serve to streamline the game a lot - it'd be nice to be able to control everything from one screen, and have all the information presented there.  Heck, you could even add in the dungeon screen...

Again, I see pros and cons to doing this, but overall my opinion is that combining them all into one "megascreen" would be worth the trouble.  I mean, what's the point of having the girl summary screen right now?  Basically, you either assign jobs or move girls around, and since you're already moving the job assignments to the TS then I'd think you could add the button for moving girls, and drop the girl summary screen entirely.

The staff screen...  that's one that bugs me to begin with.  Once you revamp the buildings, I suspect that both bar staffs and gambling staffs can be removed entirely.  You can move the matron, weaponry, health potions and nets over to the supply screen (where I feel they fit better anyway), meaning that all that's left there is job assignments... and if you're moving the *girls* assignment over to the TS,  why not gangs?

I like the idea of turning three partially redundant and time-consiming screens into one good screen.  Anyone else have a thought on this?
Still lurking.

exodia91

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2009, 11:58:54 PM »
I could see having staff summary, girl summary, dungeon, and brothel upgrades management be on one form, just in different tabs? make moving between them easier.

Offline Rose

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2009, 12:39:02 AM »
I don't think shrinking the images would be such a good idea. They are a pretty basic part of the game, afterall.
The truth is out there, but it's usually pretty boring, so people make up interesting lies instead.

Offline letmein

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2009, 12:45:12 AM »
Perhaps.  I don't know very much about Adobe, but would it be possible to make the display larger?

Otherwise, I agree with exodia that some things could be tabbed - or, like the individual girl screen, linked.  I'm not sure I'd want detailed girl stats in the TS screen, but allowing people to reach those stats with a single button isn't bad.  As it is now, the picture is about half the full screen, which is a pretty comfortable size I think.
Still lurking.

Offline necno

• Core Developer
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2009, 03:33:47 PM »
The next version allows you to change the resolution and fullscreen/windowed settings.
Click here to donate

Working on: