devolution

Author Topic: Color Chart for text editting  (Read 2289 times)

Offline fires_flair

Color Chart for text editting
« on: April 29, 2011, 09:18:50 PM »
hey found this a while ago, and found it again today and thought, that it might help. to quote the site:
With this little tool you can either enter RGB (Red-Green-Blue) values, HSB (Hue-Saturation-Brightness) numbers or a hexadecimal code for a color, to find its closest match of a named color and its corresponding hue. It is also possible to just use the sliders to see how color hues are changing. The list of colors comprises 1640 different color names extracted from several sources on the web.
http://www.colblindor.com/color-name-hue/

Offline Mak

• Donator
  • PETA=People Eating Tasty Animals
Re: Color Chart for text editting
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 12:04:33 PM »
Thanks very much for this, I've been wanting to play around with the game colours a bit but couldn't find something like this; and I don't have the patience to try number for number. Might try something tonight if I have the time...spring time yard work sucks, especially when it's someone else's yard. It's raining so maybe I'll be able to convince my dad to forget that and his basement reno's. for today and go to the beerfest.

Edit: If someone beats me to it, I would humbly accept a black background with red text provided it works with THE FUTURE's high res mods. I find the current colours a little hard on the eyes.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 12:09:02 PM by Mak »
There's a place for all the planet's creatures, it's next to the mashed potatoes.

Offline Mak

• Donator
  • PETA=People Eating Tasty Animals
Re: Color Chart for text editting
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 03:45:17 PM »
I found something better than what I was looking for here. It works well with THE FUTURE's 4:3 high res. mod. I'm attaching my InterfaceColors.txt if anyone wants to use it with xorgroth's skin. It makes girls with "warning blue" show again. I think he either forgot, or always checks each girl in turn summary. My message boxes aren't as pale and I used blue instead of green, with green text; i.e. walk around town's first box. As always, make a back up in case you don't like it. This colour chart made things very easy, thanks again.

I plan on making a few more changes, especially if I get around to figuring out how to edit the config.xml, but I'm more likely to add a file here and there (if I do) to use with his skin if people like. I'd feel like an ass if I offered his pack with a couple minor changes.

Edit:The InterfaceColors.txt goes in resources\interface. I wouldn't recommend it unless using his skin.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 05:10:29 PM by Mak »
There's a place for all the planet's creatures, it's next to the mashed potatoes.