Author Topic: Details on Traits (Tested in Akia's Mod)  (Read 2862 times)

Offline Number76

Details on Traits (Tested in Akia's Mod)
« on: June 16, 2012, 10:05:11 PM »
I've spent some time looking into the effects of traits as they pertain to stat and skill totals. I got these results by creating a girl with 50 in all stats and skills. I then loaded her into the game and recorded her base and derived stats. I then modified the girl, giving her one trait and recorded the changes, making adjustments to her base stats when the effect of a trait brought a stat to the minimum or maximum.

Question: Wouldn't it have been easier/less tedious to simply look at the game code?

Answer: Most likely yes. But looking at the game code tells me what a trait is intended to do. Loading the trait up in game and recording the changes tells me what it is actually doing. I feel that the difference presented by this nuance is enough for me to take the approach I did.

I've attached an .ods file with my results, which detail the individual changes every trait makes to a girl's core and, by extension, derived stats. .ods is the default extension for Open Office, which is the program I used to create the spreadsheet. I've also attached the same data in .xml format in case someone wants to view the data without Open Office. I can likely provide the data in other formats as well, just ask.

What I have not yet researched are the secondary effects some traits add to girls. I know these effects are can rage from unnoticeable (aggressive does more damage in combat) to unbalancing (incorporeal girls don't get tired). If anyone who has played the game a lot can come up with a list of traits with secondary effects that significantly affect gameplay, for good or bad, I would be very thankful. A partial list off the top of someone's head would be useful as well.

One last thing to note are fetish categories. Some traits make a girl qualify for a fetish by themselves; these have been noted in my data. However, fetishes got more complex when I realized that combinations of traits grant fetishes that the traits individually do not. With 73 traits unique complete understanding of how fetishes are assigned basically requires reading code.

Now to make this post a little more interesting here are top and bottom 5 traits that change a girl's core stats:

More Stats:

1st
Masochist adds a commanding 150 to a girl's stat totals. In very beneficial places too: +50 to BDSM Constitution and Obedience.

2nd
Fast Orgasms add 10 to all sex skills and 10 to libido and confidence for a total bonus of 80.

3rd
Charismatic brings in a respectable 60 bonus by adding 50 to charisma and 10 to beauty.

4th
Fleet of Foot uses everything it has to add 50 to agility.

5th
Finally Charming adds 15 to beauty and 30 to charisma, landing 5th place with a 45 point buff.

Less Stats:

1st
A clumsy girl loses 10 to all sex skills and 10 confidence, dropping the stat total by 70 points.

2nd
A three way for second at -60 points between Pessimist, Malformed and Retarded.
Pessimist: -60 spirit
Malformed: -20 to beauty, intelligence and spirit.
Retarded: -60 to confidence and -20 to spirit and +20 to obedience.

5th
A two way tie for fifth between One Eye and Iron Will, both subtracting 30 from a girl's core stat totals.
One Eye: -5 to charisma, -10 to spirit and -20 beauty with +5 to constitution.
Iron Will: -90 to obedience and +60 to spirit.

Offline Aika

Re: Details on Traits (Tested in Akia's Mod)
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 12:38:33 AM »
Interesting. Let's fill in a few blanks here.

Every trait has a value toward one or more fetishes. For some traits, as you've noted, that value alone on a single trait is enough to give the fetish. For other traits, it's not enough and must be combined with other traits that add to the fetish. Here's some specifics.

In order to qualify for a fetish, the combined values must be GREATER than 50. The possible traits are:

BigBoobs
CuteGirl
Dangerous
Cool
Nerd
NonHuman
Lolita
Elegant
Sexy
NiceFigure
NiceArse
SmallBoobs
Freak

Edit: Just found some errors in the uploaded file. Currently going back over it, will reupload when it's fixed.

Edit2: I fixed what errors I could find. Short of redoing it, that's as close to right as it's going to get. Alert me if you see something that seems horribly off.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 12:56:46 AM by Aika »

Offline Number76

Re: Details on Traits (Tested in Akia's Mod)
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 04:18:00 AM »
Interesting. Let's fill in a few blanks here.

Every trait has a value toward one or more fetishes. For some traits, as you've noted, that value alone on a single trait is enough to give the fetish. For other traits, it's not enough and must be combined with other traits that add to the fetish. Here's some specifics.

In order to qualify for a fetish, the combined values must be GREATER than 50. The possible traits are:

*snip*

Absolutely awesome. To be honest I wasn't looking forward to fumbling through the code to try and explain to myself how fetishes are assigned. Between this and the coretraits file you provided you've been very helpful in my efforts to try an understand the mechanics behind girls.

Edit: Ugh, after looking at the updated file it appears that I forgot adventurer. This makes me wonder what other mistakes I've made. I'll review the file eventually but I've seen too many numbers for today.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 05:04:25 AM by Number76 »