devolution

Author Topic: A family business  (Read 3748 times)

Offline Penguinpirate

A family business
« on: April 21, 2011, 02:21:46 PM »
I think it would be fun to have the option of giving your sons careers in your organization instead of selling them all.  It wouldn't need to be a complicated feature...I'm imagining something just like what we already have for gangs.  The sons have a few minor stats, and can be assigned jobs like starting their own gangs, or going into politics and lowering your bribery rates.  Maybe working at the slave market and giving you discounts there.  Obviously the stats would make some better choices for some jobs than others, and there could always be a chance that they'd fail (the penalty for which would always be death, of course).  I think it would be a fun way to make it feel more like you're building some massive criminal organization, like a cartel or the mafia.  It seems to make sense, considering the player's own background.  And you would always have the option of selling them if you needed the cash or didnt think their stats were up to snuff.

Offline zartog

Re: A family business
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 09:37:38 PM »
I think this was talked about ages ago- but i'm not sure what happened with it.  WIth development frozen i doubt this is going to be addressed any time soon, but i totally agree.  The game has so many areas of possible expansion it's awesome, but seriously daunting.  Maybe a list should be compiled dealing with all of this?  Because the same ideas keep getting repeated in new ways, weeks or months after it was first thought of.  But yeah, selling all of your sons is weird.