Author Topic: when will 1.30 come out  (Read 58087 times)

Offline highx9

when will 1.30 come out
« on: January 09, 2010, 01:21:39 PM »
well, i think title says it all, we have all been thinking of new features but, is there an approximated time??
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 07:04:11 AM by Solo761 »

Offline Zeus

Re: whem will 1.30 come out
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 01:41:41 PM »
All Hail to the Duke: Its Done when its Done, look in teh Dev area, everything you see there is waiting time worth! 

(i hope you get what i mean ^^'')
why fear 6 7? 7 8 9! (just say it loud and you understand ... mh... jokes you have to explain are crap... Sorry ^^)

Offline highx9

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 02:50:57 PM »
yeah got the message  ;D  its worth it, ur right

Offline Eucalypt

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2010, 10:13:37 PM »
With so many hints and so many people actively referring to 1.30 it just keeps you on the edge of the seat. I don't think that it's that far away,patience.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2010, 04:57:06 AM »
We're just trying to let folks see that things are moving, even if there;s nothing releasable as yet.

I might try and get an early alpha out for next week. I'll be horribly buggy, (probably unplayable) but should give an opportunity for a bit of feedback.

Offline Eucalypt

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2010, 05:35:22 AM »
That would be a good idea. Concidering the the fact that you are rather quick to release patches. As for letting people see that things are moving. . . well. . .you guys are one of the most active if not the most active development team I saw. Keep it up!

Offline Zeus

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2010, 05:44:28 AM »
don't think a Alpha is a good idea... Much people are not smart enough to Imagine that this is a Alpha an flaming around ;-) (worst case). Get you the Time you need to get a Stable version, You can make a Pic Thread in the Dev area where someone is Showing One Pic per Post an Tell something to the screen. 
Like: Post 1. Pic: New Jobs: "In here you can manage the girls to the new jobs, blablub"
one after all it get us showing there is something Moving. 2. This will be a good FAQ/Manual

but please no Alpha, the Big Company do it always Throwing Buyable Alphas on the market an patch them after over a half year stable.

(wooaa... English without any Dictionary is Hardcore for me... sorry if i make any mistakes or wrote totally crap ^^')
why fear 6 7? 7 8 9! (just say it loud and you understand ... mh... jokes you have to explain are crap... Sorry ^^)

Offline Solo761

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2010, 06:43:30 AM »
Only problem is that game doesn't get compiled every so often. They work on the code, they don't compile it every few minutes to see if it works. So most of the time there is no runnable version, just code. And if they work on something that's crucial to the game mechanics chances are it won't compile until that part is done.

Offline Midnight_Amratha

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2010, 07:15:00 AM »
i suggest we enjoy the version that is available now and let the developpers get the peace they need to get a usable version 1.30 running and THEN we can jump them for the patch :P
The line between lunacy and genious is very thin.
So far i haven't been able to find it.

Offline sgb

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2010, 11:34:29 AM »
We're just trying to let folks see that things are moving, even if there;s nothing releasable as yet.

I might try and get an early alpha out for next week. I'll be horribly buggy, (probably unplayable) but should give an opportunity for a bit of feedback.
Nah, just hold off until there's something stable.  The current build of 1.29.4 is quite playable, so that's fine for new players to see if they like the game.  The rest of us can wait a few more weeks.

Offline ShiningRadiance

• I command thee!
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2010, 01:48:32 PM »
Personally, I'd enjoy that "unplayable" version for what it is, but I can see how some other users may not realize that you're still in the middle of fixing all of the bugs for such a major change and end up spamming the boards with useless posts.

Of course, you could just create a bug topic for it, post saying that you're not going to check there because it's an alpha, but suggest people post reports there in the meantime.

As long as it's able to start up without crashing, it would build anticipation even more, however, and people would begin clamoring for more of your sweet, delicious... code.

But overall, I don't know. It might pay to release a bug-filled version sooner rather than later. There might be bugs in it already that you haven't expected that will still be there later. Having a list of prediscovered bugs for when you feel that 1.3 is finished would allow users to try and replicate the bugs they found previously. It would help the bug-fixing process a bit in the long run.
Please treat me well even though I don't deserve it.

Offline Zeus

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2010, 02:09:29 PM »
It might pay to release a bug-filled version sooner rather than later. <- Please not! Make 3 or 4 Alpha Tester... but please no Alpha release.

Offline Savagefrog

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2010, 02:50:24 PM »
I say just wait till they are ready for the 1.3, people like myself are in no rush. I enjoy the verison that is out now an reading the dev boards helps to show what they are working so hard on. The dev team is the best you have my respect an gratitude for making a fun game an caring about the people who play it.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2010, 04:02:54 PM »
Mmmm... ok. Maybe a limited circulation alpha is the way to go then.

I would quite like some feedback on some of the UI changes with this release, so it's not just with the aim of getting it out the door early.

Offline Strathe

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2010, 06:43:32 PM »
I'd love to play an "alpha" version. IMO the whole alpha/beta/release is meaningless in the context of a game like WM. Even if you have a stable beta, if you add a couple new features you are pretty much back at an alpha version. Plus, I don't think there is a real "release/final" build target is there?

I've enjoyed playing through all the alpha releases thus far, bugs and all. I don't see why you should stop releasing versions just because some people might complain. Nobody is forcing people to play a potentially buggy game. With that said though, I also don't think you have to release a version which you feel isn't ready either.

If needed, I would suggest a simple change from the alpha/beta terminology to stable/unstable releases.