Author Topic: can't run 1.30 beta  (Read 2588 times)

Offline Godless13

can't run 1.30 beta
« on: September 13, 2010, 08:51:17 PM »
i installed and reinstalled but i keep getting an error saying i cant run the program because its "side by side configuration is incorrect".
plaese advise a fix

Offline LordJerle

Re: can't run 1.30 beta
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 01:52:11 AM »
I may sound like a broken record and mayhaps a copy of your dxdiag.txt, both as attachments please.  However, if you're uncomfortable posting your dxdiag in a public place, you can always send it to one of the devs.
3b222d1b-a8be-47ec-ae87-8b31289f8f1d1.03.01

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 03:59:29 AM »
Slightly different error message, but: have you tried these, to be sure?

If you get the error message "This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem." Then you need to Download these files. If you have further problems starting then you might try these, these, and these files.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2010, 04:54:01 AM »
mmm... last time I saw the side-by-side error, someone was trying to run a game instance that had been compiled for debug. The trouble is that the debug dlls aren't in the VC redistributable. That means you need to have MSVS installed, or else have a release binary.

Where did you get the .exe, Godless? Was it one of Dagoth's releases, or something a friend build for you? If it's one of Dagoth's then I'm barking up the wrong the tree with this. If not, try the official release and see if that works.