Author Topic: Capturing monster girls rate?  (Read 3924 times)

Offline THE FUTURE

Capturing monster girls rate?
« on: April 06, 2011, 01:31:27 AM »
Is it possible in the current public release to set the rate that you will get girls from the catacombs? I have this one save with around 20 girls exploring the catacombs each week, so I ended up with a dungeon full of well over 1,000 demon/bunny/cat girls. I even had a goal once where it told me to capture 1256 monster girls.  :D

All I'm doing this for is to get those rare items you can get from the catacombs, so I'd like to reduce the capture monster girl rate a lot. If it's not possible, this is something I'd like to see implemented at some point.
This is the last week of bug fixes. Barring anything catastrophic, development of a "sequel" to WM EX begins next week. If there is a major bug that hasn't been addressed, say so now or you're going to have to wait quite a long time for it to be fixed.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
Re: Capturing monster girls rate?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 03:20:41 AM »
I don't think there's a config value for this. It does sound like a good idea though.

From a quick look at the code, if a girl explores the catacombs, the chances of her encountering a monster are equal to the best of her combat and magic skills, less one. So if she has 100% magic, she'll have an encounter 99% of the time.

That leads to her fighting 1-3 monsters with a 50% chance of them being a girl. If she wins, the girl is captured. So a construct with 100% combat stands to bring back 1.5 monster girls each foray.

Simplest thing is probably to define a % chance that defeated girls are captured (as opposed to being killed or running away) and to check that once a girl is defeated. Set it in the config file and check it in WorkExploreCatacombs.cpp

Or I'll do it when I get back, but that's not for a few months yet

Offline Ctwo

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 05:16:49 AM »
Just a suggestion. Comb through the girls in the dungeon. Any you arn't interested in immediately have them either released and fired or branded and sold (if they survive branding). With a thousand girls in a dungeon...I'd purge. Buy a new brothel and start releasing girls till the brothel fills then fire them all. Bump the brothel to 100 girls capacity to make this more manageable. If you got that many in the dungeon cash shouldn't be any concern.

Offline THE FUTURE

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 12:05:17 PM »
Oh god, I'm looking at a c++ file that I might actually comprehend. The world must really be ending after all. I'll have to see about getting a c++ gui on my computer then. Looks like I could mod break for myself a lot of things. The config file? Is that in the source or is it there in the executable version?

And yea, it's no problem about the 1000+ monster girls in my dungeon. Really all I have to do is just leave them there as they pile up. The only problem seems to be that if I arrange them (to see what girls were recaptured and such), it makes the list load extremely slowly when I back out and reenter the dungeon. I still did fire them all eventually a day or 2 ago, though.
This is the last week of bug fixes. Barring anything catastrophic, development of a "sequel" to WM EX begins next week. If there is a major bug that hasn't been addressed, say so now or you're going to have to wait quite a long time for it to be fixed.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 05:09:13 PM »
Oh god, I'm looking at a c++ file that I might actually comprehend. The world must really be ending after all. I'll have to see about getting a c++ gui on my computer then. Looks like I could mod break for myself a lot of things. The config file? Is that in the source or is it there in the executable version?

Config file lives in  Resources/Data/config.xml. There's a copy in the source tree as well as your game directory.

Code to parse it is in sConfig.cpp/sConfig.h. It's basically TinyXML, plus a singleton wrapper so we don't need to pass it to everything and/or worry about global initialisation order