Author Topic: when will they finish wm?  (Read 4756 times)

Offline NWN12

• I am who
when will they finish wm?
« on: May 12, 2011, 03:03:23 AM »
i heard they had stop making for the time being

Offline Barinthus

Re: when will they finish wm?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 07:21:16 PM »
It is to my understanding, devs moved on to other projects with some vague assurances they will be back.

Offline Thorgrim

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 07:33:15 PM »
Any idea what there working on? as WM is the only game of it's type i found i can play more than once

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 06:33:52 PM »
Any idea what there working on? as WM is the only game of it's type i found i can play more than once

Well, necno is working on Birthright, which has a thread in this forum.

Me, I've wound up helping out with Otherworld where we're doing some seriously cool stuff. And if we ever get this next release out the door, it will be so much cooler still.

I have promised to come back and finish off the lua scripting, and possibly the town wards code. I said "summer" and I've been thinking "August", but everything is subject to Real Life, obviously.

As for "finished" .. Leonardo da Vinci once said "art is never finished, only abandoned". So I think with computer games :)

Offline Barinthus

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 07:19:13 PM »
Hey there - terrific product you developed.  I'd love to see it refined but of course understandably there are other projects.  Otherworld looks promising and I can't wait to see it when it's more fleshed out.

Offline trex

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2011, 12:38:20 AM »
DocClox, is clonemaster dead? I like the more business side of games in general, I liked the idea of that game. Also, is Gladiatrix (that online p.vs.p game) also dead? (or abandoned as you say!)

Offline Mak

• Donator
  • PETA=People Eating Tasty Animals
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2011, 12:29:32 PM »
As for "finished" .. Leonardo da Vinci once said "art is never finished, only abandoned". So I think with computer games :)

He also said, "As every divided kingdom falls, so every mind divided between many studies confounds and saps itself."
as well as, "I have offended God and mankind because my work didn't reach the quality it should have."

Though I'm just kidding, I've been checking your blog now and then, taking a break and working on something else when you start to get burnt out on it is always a good idea. I've being playing around a bit with the current (Feb) Otherworld, and look forward to Clonemaster; as well as Necno's Birthright.
There's a place for all the planet's creatures, it's next to the mashed potatoes.