Author Topic: Birthright vs. Rebirth  (Read 5152 times)

Offline Maiz

Birthright vs. Rebirth
« on: July 29, 2012, 08:03:42 PM »
I know, I should have asked this a very long time ago and I know some of you may skip this but hear me out.

Ever since I saw Birthright, I was hooked, I loved the ideas necno came up with and I was glad that yet another game was being made by the little guys (small teams of developers) and probably was going to be free... wait it's not going to be free? And it's going to be 3d? No,no, no, this can't be happening i told myself, a commercial game from one guy? or even a couple a people probably won't make it better. Games made by indie studios (with organized and hourly paid professionals) are games that should be paid for, not just some random guy on the internet's game (even if its the best game in the world, literally). My life of playing cool, free games was dying before me, I was about to cry but, then I remembered, I could make my own games! So recently I've been coming up with a game idea based on Birthright called Rebirth (yeah I'm real creative right?) and I think if I make it from scratch, it could be pretty good, the only thing is I should ask necno for permission to use some of his ideas right?

(Before getting into legal trouble, even though I will make this FREE no matter what, maybe donations at the most.)

(Sorry for this thick block of text, I let this sit in mind for too long and I needed it out!)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 08:11:23 PM by Maiz »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: Birthright vs. Rebirth
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 03:55:03 AM »
This is something you ask in private, don't you think...? I doubt he is planning to charge 100$ per week with internet checks. If it is a good game, there is nothing wrong with selling it. Also he said that it will be more of a rougelike than hentai at this point, unless I misunderstood so a lot of original ideas may no longer apply.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Maiz

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 03:28:14 PM »
Yeah, I guess. It's just that it seems he's not on here too often and I was kind of nervous about it, so I was hoping for a little help.

Offline necno

• Core Developer
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 08:00:32 PM »
Birthright is Indie, not quite commercial. Also slated for android release as well as PC. Currently I work fulltime at a game dev studio so don't get much time to work on my side projects having a family and all. Feel free to make Rebirth however you wish, I'd be keen to see what you create.
Click here to donate
After you do so please pm me the email address you used so I can add you to the donation forum.

Working on:
Whoremaster II (Official)
Birthright (Now a commercial rougelike)