Poll

Which tile size better to use

64px
3 (75%)
128px
1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed: December 10, 2015, 07:15:38 AM

Author Topic: Sim Red Light Town RT (should be stable build)  (Read 85583 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: Sim Red Light Town(current title) Project Begins (Poll Added 2015-11-30)
« Reply #90 on: November 09, 2016, 01:37:25 PM »
Maybe it is a little bit better, but not by much. It's playable anyway, as long as the log is improved.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #91 on: November 09, 2016, 02:06:17 PM »
You still can switch between full screen and windowed mode via shift+enter, and in full screen everything is blurred. In order to play normally you have to maximize window instead, this way interface is big enough and there is no blur too.

There is output_log in the folder, it even tells you what kind of net connection unity tries to use.

Offline dullman

« Reply #92 on: November 10, 2016, 08:02:09 AM »
Maybe it is a little bit better, but not by much. It's playable anyway, as long as the log is improved.
Truthfully i decided to move to arial font entire game, since there is problem with blurry fonts, and this in such case should be easier to read, log also made entry larger and font larger but truthfully sometimes single entries seems blurry, but i do not know if this is not fault of my eyes since it's only problem with entries with large amount of text
You still can switch between full screen and windowed mode via shift+enter, and in full screen everything is blurred. In order to play normally you have to maximize window instead, this way interface is big enough and there is no blur too.There is output_log in the folder, it even tells you what kind of net connection unity tries to use.
Thanks i do not even know that there is output file (since truthfully i only use unity console. As for blurred fonts, i found something that might help partially, but in my opinion it's only slightly better, and what i made was to use setting for fonts hinted smooth instead of smooth. Also i made a selection for resolution to appear before game but remember the game is made for 1280x960 res. https://mega.nz/#!DtUkxBqB!5M-kQN0PJYiK9cEFMqREsDH5p9RyQ1D4xdK_BiUbV10

Edit I Do not know why the text was so small so i change to proper size
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 07:37:55 AM by dullman »

Offline dullman

« Reply #93 on: November 11, 2016, 07:45:37 AM »
So when writing events for job i thought that i would add requirements for events so we would run only the events that are possible for character (or other scope would be Player), additionally i think about allowing to store simple string variables and also check it in requirements, so we could make a chain of linked character or player quest (e.g. character first heard some rumors about genius teacher  leads to find and get few lessons from him resulting increasing stat, for player it would be obviously geared toward player and player should benefit like gaining powerful item or new character), but as current i want to fill events as in current format, and would think how to implement after that.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #94 on: November 11, 2016, 11:07:57 AM »
Maybe I don't understand something, but I don't see any pictures/animations in the current build. Only logs. Am I missing something, or they are not there yet?

Offline dullman

« Reply #95 on: November 11, 2016, 11:29:37 AM »
Maybe I don't understand something, but I don't see any pictures/animations in the current build. Only logs. Am I missing something, or they are not there yet?
Not here since i wanted to have working base before creating art for game, or implementing, and second i still hasn't decided if i go with svg to bitmap render which result in statistic images, or maybe use my own spritework for game, I asked and get answer that is better to have working base, so i didn't added any art these although it's mostly that i probably go with svg art and after current work, but since it's need basically something like my own svg library since i want to modify paths, add etc. and truthfully what i make before was that data was modified after loading svg, and now i need to modify svg file before loading and it's difficult work for me since it's quite boring.

Edit: One thing i forgot to add although i have few bad memories about bone based animation but there still exists a possibility of making it but with bitmaps instead of mesh, so i didn't dissolve this idea completely, but truthfully I'm even reluctant to give some works towards this since for animation i'm not skilled enough and unity is not great animation tools that forgive you mistakes.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 11:36:32 AM by dullman »

Offline dullman

« Reply #96 on: November 13, 2016, 05:41:00 AM »
Not here since i wanted to have working base before creating art for game, or implementing, and second i still hasn't decided if i go with svg to bitmap render which result in statistic images, or maybe use my own spritework for game, I asked and get answer that is better to have working base, so i didn't added any art these although it's mostly that i probably go with svg art and after current work, but since it's need basically something like my own svg library since i want to modify paths, add etc. and truthfully what i make before was that data was modified after loading svg, and now i need to modify svg file before loading and it's difficult work for me since it's quite boring.

Edit: One thing i forgot to add although i have few bad memories about bone based animation but there still exists a possibility of making it but with bitmaps instead of mesh, so i didn't dissolve this idea completely, but truthfully I'm even reluctant to give some works towards this since for animation i'm not skilled enough and unity is not great animation tools that forgive you mistakes.

Hmm i have sad information i do some experiment with svg files and it seems i found the most time consuming process which is loading files, the worst thing that i didn't check before so i wasn't aware of it and thought it's something else, but since i read today when looking any svg parser written in c# it shows that in unity loading xml file is time consuming, and truthfully my test shows that it's the case here since it takes nearly 2sec for only naked character (funny thing rendering svg takes 0.08 sec), and truthfully i really and i say really don't have a mood to write my own xml parser since as rendering shows it can be read much faster. So what remains is to try to make some funny trick like preloading assets or goes with sprite art.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #97 on: November 13, 2016, 07:40:24 AM »
goes with sprite art.

Even if you find that clever trick or figure out how to get it to work using standard libraries... there will still be an issue of finding an artist who can do complex vector graphics that you need. Not mentioning finding one that does smut/hentai.

Raster ("sprite?") art is a safer solution that has the highest chance of success. 3D renders are obviously still an option for you as long as you're sticking with Unity.
Like what we're doing?

Offline dullman

« Reply #98 on: November 13, 2016, 08:13:16 AM »
Even if you find that clever trick or figure out how to get it to work using standard libraries... there will still be an issue of finding an artist who can do complex vector graphics that you need. Not mentioning finding one that does smut/hentai.

Raster ("sprite?") art is a safer solution that has the highest chance of success. 3D renders are obviously still an option for you as long as you're sticking with Unity.
As for sprite art i also agree that has the highest to be successful although to be truthful each asset need longest time to work on it from those three (I include 3d render but only for static images, if goes with animation i do not know how long it takes to do that).
As for render there exists two way to use pre-generated sprites or use 3d models, but as i'm not 3d artists than even creating additional hair color is not easy task for me, but i would see if there is any sensible way that allows me to have different outfits/hairstyle/haircolor/etc. per one character other than generate every possible combination.

Offline dullman

« Reply #99 on: November 14, 2016, 12:27:09 AM »
I decided to goes with sprite art (and that is slightly different from raster since raster graphic is basically small pixelated art and large art (like textures for game), whilst sprite is small pixelated art which to be truthful i had the current template about 105px height, in game i would probably either zoom it by 2 or 4 I decide later when based on result, but what i need is help!!! Help to assemble basic wardrobe of characters for both males and females since i need some reference when creating sprite, I mean short description sexy outfit isn't helping, so i need few clothes with description/image that i can base on it to create.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #100 on: November 14, 2016, 07:03:30 AM »
In my experience, deviantart is the best place for such things. For example

http://www.deviantart.com/browse/all/digitalart/3d/?q=tera+online&offset=0

There are dozens, if not hundreds, clothes pictures from tera alone. And you can find much more quality 3D pictures from other games.

Offline dullman

« Reply #101 on: November 15, 2016, 01:01:57 AM »
In my experience, deviantart is the best place for such things. For example

http://www.deviantart.com/browse/all/digitalart/3d/?q=tera+online&offset=0

There are dozens, if not hundreds, clothes pictures from tera alone. And you can find much more quality 3D pictures from other games.

You misunderstood me or i don't get find many normal looking clothes i do not want any beautiful clothes (Some of them are gorgeous) but certainly some of them might be right, but what i want is some basic/common cloth that are usable for any character (For unique characters they would have their own wardrobe - maybe if i would have time to make it).
As i take a look for it has too many uncommon clothes to be usable by me (I'm not sure if i saw one or zero common clothes), similar to any image searcher where they have rarely any common clothes. And one thing i do not want specifically 3d render it might photo, draft or description, everything what from what i can image how this cloth look like.

ps. By common cloth i mean a cloth that isn't any variation created specifically for certain game/character.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #102 on: November 15, 2016, 08:57:24 AM »
Ok, then here. These clothes were made for DOA characters, but they are not special or fancy. Like this one.

We also have some generic clothes in our game, but there are just icons and descriptions, no full 3d models.

Offline dullman

« Reply #103 on: November 15, 2016, 12:09:48 PM »
Ok, then here. These clothes were made for DOA characters, but they are not special or fancy. Like this one.

We also have some generic clothes in our game, but there are just icons and descriptions, no full 3d models.

thanks it's something similar to what i want, as for your game i could take a look and maybe "borrow" few items and make them sprite if the description is enough to do that (or Icon).

As for current state of project I currently create a sprites for game so code development is in hiatus until i had five or so items( by items I mean outfits not a single part of outfit, currently I make an sexy dress outfit which is based for old sexy dress sprite for rpg maker xp, but when i complete beginner wardrobe i would begin implement sprites actually in game.

Offline dullman

« Reply #104 on: November 17, 2016, 12:14:38 AM »

I had done the casual outfit for characters, which is also the outfit from second link, so any comments if this art is good enough??