devolution

Author Topic: Game Design/Ideas  (Read 122832 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Game Design/Ideas
« on: May 03, 2013, 06:27:32 AM »
Here we add the ideas for future development.

1) Girls (all or at least some) that are not yet working for you should 'live a life' (earn money, buy items, increase stats etc.).

2) Death and resurrection (religious means probably).

3) Some discussion on player concept:
http://pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=1759.msg20687#msg20687

4) Flags explanations:
http://pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=1291.msg18439#msg18439

5) Notes on girl design:
http://pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=1291.msg18749#msg18749
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 08:38:03 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
Re: -PyTFall- Dev Thread: Game Design/Ideas
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 06:27:47 AM »
Hi guys, I'd like to start a topic on what everyone thinks should be core elements and functionality of this game.

Things like,
x number of brothels
y number of girls, how can you interact with them
Game world has a, b, c functionality, and z locations
What battle, inventory, dating, etc systems should be present?
What functionality do you think it would be good to skip / limit for now?
What exactly should differentiate it from previous games?

I mainly want to try and work out what are core goals, and what are extras / nice to haves, what really makes the game releasable in your opinion.

We could just say "well I'd like to incorporate *all* these ideas!" but that could just ending up taking years to implement depending on developer time, and not end up with a balanced or enjoyable game.

I'd love to get feedback on all this, I will be thinking about my own opinions as well.

Cheers, Mijh
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 04:16:16 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2013, 06:28:03 AM »
Reserved
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 07:31:28 AM »
I remember someone mentioned some way of searching specific girl you want to have in your brothel, something about a detective agency. So if you have 1000 girls, you don't need to wait forever hoping to get lucky someday.

I suggest a different approach, a labor exchange or a bulletin board. For a fee you post, for example, occupation and 3-4 traits, and with a certain probability after some time you'll meet suitable girls.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2013, 07:41:02 AM »
I remember someone mentioned some way of searching specific girl you want to have in your brothel, something about a detective agency. So if you have 1000 girls, you don't need to wait forever hoping to get lucky someday.

I suggest a different approach, a labor exchange or a bulletin board. For a fee you post, for example, occupation and 3-4 traits, and with a certain probability after some time you'll meet suitable girls.

I recall wanting to allow this: after you've met a girl, you can agree to meet up with her again, in cafe for example so you don't have to chance reshuffle. Your idea is good as well, even better if applied to slave market, order a slave to your specifications (Slave Market right now shows all girls but in the future 6 - 7 will be randomly chosen every 5 - 6 days)
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2013, 07:50:15 AM »
Well, I mean first meeting as well, not only slaves. Once in wm ex having major problems with security because of bad luck with random girls at some stage I have to reload dozens times to finally get at least one decent warrior.
But that's all about game balance, though.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2013, 07:59:33 AM »
Well, I mean first meeting as well, not only slaves. Once in wm ex having major problems with security because of bad luck with random girls at some stage I have to reload dozens times to finally get at least one decent warrior.
But that's all about game balance, though.

Game already allows player to participate in security if you leave him at least 1 AP at end of the day so security in the beginning shouldn't be much of a problem. If nothing happens, AP will be spend on training.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2013, 08:19:56 AM »
MC already has stats? Which exactly then? Do we need, or will need, special traits for him/her?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2013, 08:54:17 AM »
MC already has stats? Which exactly then? Do we need, or will need, special traits for him/her?

That's about the only thing MC has, you could have figured it out because he does fight in Tifa's Quest battle scenario :)

Right now has the very least he needs in order for the rest of the game to work:

Code: [Select]
            self.gold = 100000
            self.name = 'Jake'
            self.AP = 3
            self.maxAP = 3
            self.location = 'None'

self.attack = 35
            self.magic = 12
            self.defence = 30
            self.mp = 20
            self.agility = 19

I'll improve on that when we design the MC.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Romanul

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2013, 01:48:12 AM »
Will PyTFall have a dungeon like Wm does? Im asking because I would like that to be expanded a bit.
Also, will the player be able to set an accommodation level for each girl (not in dungeon obviously)? THat was a rather obscure option in WM.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2013, 05:37:45 AM »
Will PyTFall have a dungeon like Wm does? Im asking because I would like that to be expanded a bit.

No idea, I originally wanted to have slavetraining in PyTFall, leaves little room for Dungeon as well but it is not hard to add.

Also, will the player be able to set an accommodation level for each girl (not in dungeon obviously)? THat was a rather obscure option in WM.

Again, no concept was ever written for the game (we seem to be making same mistakes as everybody else) but it is also easy to add.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Romanul

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2013, 11:02:00 AM »
No idea, I originally wanted to have slavetraining in PyTFall, leaves little room for Dungeon as well but it is not hard to add.
As far I'm concerned the dungeon was one of the great pluses of WM and what set it apart form other similar games. The fact that you could send you gangs to kidnap women and take them to dungeon, send customers or unruly girls there meant that finally you could be a evil character and not a perfect gentleman like in Slave Maker( I never really understood why it was called slave maker since you're mostly training girls to be princess/sluts). So I support adding it if you're comfortable with it and doesn't ruin your setting/universe etc.
Also, the catacombs were also great fun. From the pics you posted I saw that you want/did implement combat so if you could add something like a the WM catacombs it would be great.
By catacombs I mean battles that where if you win can yield rewards in gold/girs/items. They can be catacombs, town guards, other slavers/bad guys whatever suit your universe and you coding power.:)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2013, 01:58:30 PM »
As far I'm concerned the dungeon was one of the great pluses of WM and what set it apart form other similar games. The fact that you could send you gangs to kidnap women and take them to dungeon, send customers or unruly girls there meant that finally you could be a evil character and not a perfect gentleman like in Slave Maker( I never really understood why it was called slave maker since you're mostly training girls to be princess/sluts).

I have nothing against 'Evil character'. I've been playing new release of Valet Pletej (Russian salve training game) where people eat unruly girls... the trouble is that WM's approach is to simple, people die all over, there are almost never consequences or extra fees for your actions and game is to bloody easy (still remains my fav). The bottomline is that dungeon is definitely not off the table, but what that will be like is a matter of debate.

So I support adding it if you're comfortable with it and doesn't ruin your setting/universe etc.

The setting we have agreed on right now:

- There has been recent war with loads of people killed, as a result of that war slaves are forbidden to be trained in combat (by private trainers), forbidden to attack free people (even in self-defense) and forbidden to carry arms.

- Slaves are few so they're expensive.

- Slave can be freed from bondage but not the other way around (you cannot turn peasant into a slave).

- There is a social ladder currently half designed that you can climb up on, all girls will have social rank in the future but I have not touched that yet in the code.

Also, the catacombs were also great fun. From the pics you posted I saw that you want/did implement combat so if you could add something like a the WM catacombs it would be great.

Basic combat is implemented, right now it is possible to fight, use specially designed items, use animated magic with sounds and animated damage. Combat engine itself is really powerful so after the release version of the game is done, updates will prolly include a more possibilities in battle.

There will be catacombs, forest, caves and so on to explore, if you take a party of girls during the day, you fight with battleengine, otherwise you can just send girls to hunt items/gold and combat will be autoresolved by a simple function (who got better stats, luck and items).

By catacombs I mean battles that where if you win can yield rewards in gold/girs/items. They can be catacombs, town guards, other slavers/bad guys whatever suit your universe and you coding power. :)

Yeah I figured that.

Right now, it is 100% clear that game requires a complex items system... Just like it was clear that game required jobs, brothels, girls, finance records, townmap, locations, battle engine, traits etc. on so that's what I was working on, now it is important to make one whole and structured game out of all the code I've written.

Plans include:

- Arena
Where you/your girls can fight monsters, other girls in the game you have not met yet (or not working for you) and NPCs for gold, fame, reputation and items.

- Brothel system where you start with piece of shit brothel that cannot have upgrades/good advertising and can buy and move to better and better buildings.

- Girls that require a lot of work to properly pump up their stats and skillz.

- Slavetraining that can raise price of a slave considerably and slaves are very expensive to start with.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2013, 03:33:03 PM »
- Slave can be freed from bondage but not the other way around (you cannot turn peasant into a slave).
I guess it doesn't matter if you can or can't enslave a girl as long as you, being an evil character and criminal, do have a dungeon to train/break her?
And, for example, what about hypothetical random monster girls? Don't tell me they protected by this law as well  :)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2013, 04:15:04 PM »
I guess it doesn't matter if you can or can't enslave a girl as long as you, being an evil character and criminal, do have a dungeon to train/break her?

You're right, I just want there to be a system in place that would not allow you to kidnap girls by dozens and kill them in dungeons or at the very least paying off the authorities not to check up on you if you're suspected of such activities should cost sh!itloads more than it does in WM.

And, for example, what about hypothetical random monster girls? Don't tell me they protected by this law as well  :)

Random girls I've never cared about in WM, neither do I care about those in PyTFall.

Basically is someone cares enough to make a couple of packs for random girls my plan is to use the same class as I do for normal girls but:

- Random girls will go in game/content/rchars
- Folders like monster/schoolgirl/nurse/loli/succubi/elf etc.  would have to be created in the same way as anime/game/series folders are created.
- Game loads every monster girl once into the game in the separate container.
- Every time we need a moster girl created (for slavemarket, hunting in the forest, battle in arena etc.) we create an instance of that class, name it with one of the names from WM girls names lists and generate a number of random stats and traits (we'll have to agree on ranges of those stats per category).

So basically 95% of codework for randomgirls is finished. Since I don't really give a sh!t about those, I don't care by what lows non human monstergirls are protected but the easiest thing would be to make all caught mostergirls slaves because that would not require any extra coding and they would fit well in that class.
Like what we're doing?