Author Topic: <-- Archived --> == PyTFall Alpha release ==>  (Read 281925 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: == PyTFall Alpha release ==>
« Reply #105 on: October 24, 2014, 04:03:43 AM »
Xela, when 0.55 comes around I'll do the same then too, if you don't. It seems like 0.45 was not getting any update after that last patch, so it seemed like a decent idea to roll it together into one download. I did the split-files, and the one with separate characters just so that those with low bandwidth didn't feel left out of the game.

Great. After taking a look at roadmap, I think it will be called 0.65 (I need to up the current dev version at least to 0.53) :)

There was no "final" 0.45 release because some patches did rework quite a bit in logic and gui and by the time we stopped patching (error reports stopped flowing in), it felt like playability of alpha version was exhausted.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Nyixian

« Reply #106 on: November 02, 2014, 12:18:56 AM »
Its been a while since i last posted but i believe there is a better solution than to delete the .DS_store files. I have been looking and there seems to be a bit of coding one can do to keep Python from finding the hidden files.

the .DS_store files are there to keep everything organized and able to be searched if needed by spotlight. anyways hope this helps.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #107 on: November 02, 2014, 03:33:22 AM »
Its been a while since i last posted but i believe there is a better solution than to delete the .DS_store files. I have been looking and there seems to be a bit of coding one can do to keep Python from finding the hidden files.

the .DS_store files are there to keep everything organized and able to be searched if needed by spotlight. anyways hope this helps.

Yeah, I know :) There is already a simple workaround at one place that had been reported, just not everywhere it could happen (yet).
Like what we're doing?

Offline Nyixian

« Reply #108 on: November 02, 2014, 10:23:42 PM »
Aye, i would still love to play this. but with the version i have at least python will keep finding the hidden files and crash.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #109 on: November 03, 2014, 04:24:29 AM »
Aye, i would still love to play this. but with the version i have at least python will keep finding the hidden files and crash.

I'll try to get this sorted for the next big release. The simplest thing I just tried with the current dev version didn't work for some weird reason (unique girls pictures disappeared from the game). When time permits, there will be an investigation why :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline fenicearcana

« Reply #110 on: November 17, 2014, 12:25:06 AM »
i'd like to try it...but the download is somehow broken. The "Maga" download go fair until 60% then drop to 55% or less and start some kind of loop... 54-55-56-57-58-53-54-55-56-57-54 ... and that's just the 1 part. i didnt even tried to download the others, since i can't download the first. can you check it and maybe re-upload? ^^

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #111 on: November 17, 2014, 02:31:23 AM »
i'd like to try it...but the download is somehow broken. The "Maga" download go fair until 60% then drop to 55% or less and start some kind of loop... 54-55-56-57-58-53-54-55-56-57-54 ... and that's just the 1 part. i didnt even tried to download the others, since i can't download the first. can you check it and maybe re-upload? ^^

I'll take a look.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Thewlis

• Its hentai, quiaff?
« Reply #112 on: November 17, 2014, 12:43:07 PM »
If Mega starts looping like that, it tends to mean that the browser won't give it any more memory so it can't complete the download. The solutions are either to split the download up in multiples, install the Mega browser extension so it has better memory management / more space, or download it off of another service.

Offline fenicearcana

« Reply #114 on: November 18, 2014, 02:34:23 PM »
So, Xela, is there a way to fix that problem with mega? i tried again but it wont download, repeting the loop again and again XD

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #115 on: November 18, 2014, 02:44:00 PM »
So, Xela, is there a way to fix that problem with mega? i tried again but it wont download, repeting the loop again and again XD

There usually is... the files are working just fine so there is no point of reuploading them, not mentioning that alpha release is about 8 month old.

Depending on your browser, there are plenty of ways of getting mega to work properly (google the issue). I've also checked the torrent, amazingly enough, it is still alive as well :D Sometimes all it takes is clearing cache/cooking/reverting to default state (firefox option), installing plugins and etc.
Like what we're doing?

Offline TitanSon

« Reply #116 on: November 18, 2014, 07:35:25 PM »
xela ... do you have any date we can expect a newer playable version? =)

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #117 on: November 19, 2014, 05:36:18 AM »
is there a way to fix that problem with mega?
May I ask how much ram has that pc that cannot download the game?

Offline fenicearcana

« Reply #118 on: November 19, 2014, 11:23:35 PM »
May I ask how much ram has that pc that cannot download the game?

you think the Ram could be the problem? O.o never thougth about that...anyway... just 4 giga of Ram. i'll try to google about Mega solutions, to resolve Mega problems, as Xela sayd, if it's just for me that the file don't download :P

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #119 on: November 20, 2014, 02:24:53 AM »
As far as I know, when browser downloads something from mega, it should download it completely for a start, then decrypt, and only after that save to disk.
The game is quite big already, so there might be not enough ram to do so. You could try to check your pagefile and maybe enlarge it a bit.