devolution

Author Topic: Bugs 1.29 Megafix  (Read 23757 times)

Offline delta224

• Dev Team
Re: Bugs 1.29 Megafix
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2009, 09:40:57 PM »
Zodiac, I'm blaming the os your using for the games problems.

On the magic issue, just have an item that drops magic for now.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 09:53:32 PM by delta224 »

Offline sgb

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2009, 10:01:05 PM »
Also, I can confirm 'refusing to work' is still fubar.  Slaves with -25 rebelliousness still work maybe once a year.  If you're lucky.

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2009, 10:14:17 PM »
It's not exactly a bug per say, but when your daughters are born, they are put in the dungeon with the label "Newly Captured," which doesn't seem right to me.  They are also born as slaves, regardless of whether their moms were slaves or not, and they have random starting happiness and health.

The label should read something like "Your daughter who has come of age."  I think it is reasonable for them to inherit the slave/free status of their mothers (it just isn't logical that the daughter of a free woman would be born a slave).  Their happiness should be dependent on the morality of the player or fixed at 100, as is normal for other girls just entering the player's care.  Health should be at 100 as well.

Granted, all of the stats can change if the princess-maker-esque minigame for raising children ever makes it into the game, but for now I think this is a better approach.

[Edit]

Zodiac, I'm blaming the os your using for the games problems.

Sure...blame everything on Windows 7  >;o)

Also, I can confirm 'refusing to work' is still fubar.  Slaves with -25 rebelliousness still work maybe once a year.  If you're lucky.

I found that if you slap them with one or two of the rebelliousness lowering traits (meek, dependent, broken will, mind fucked), they will work almost all of the time (maybe refuse to work 1 shift every 5-10 weeks - still too high for someone with those traits and that low rebelliousness, but better than "normal").
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 10:24:38 PM by zodiac44 »
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline sgb

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2009, 11:04:31 PM »
Nah, I've had girls with -100 rebelliousness, meek, and dependant refuse to work.  It still seems like they get 'stuck' in non-working mode for a while.  Once they start working again, it's generally okay.  But if you get a bad batch at the start, it pretty much requires a restart.

New bug: Pregnancy alerts seem to be showing a random category image instead of Preg.  Also the notice says 'pregnant' even if she was inseminated.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 11:10:23 PM by sgb »

Offline delta224

• Dev Team
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2009, 09:44:24 AM »
Which alert is it sbg.

Offline sgb

« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2009, 10:24:44 AM »
It's the red warnings in the summaries that say 'XYZ has gotten pregnant'.  I've seen it use several different types of images despite the character file having pregnant images available.  It doesn't correspond to the type of sex action that lead to the pregnancy either.  I've seen it pick a Beast image when the girl got pregnant from normal sex.

I've also noticed the rebelliousness calculation itself is kind of messed up.  In 1.27, Girl X I made used to have a starting rebelliousness in the high 40's.  Now the same stats are producing a starting rebelliousness of around 4.  This is a character who was supposed to difficult to break, but now ends up with negative rebelliousness on her own after working for a few months.  Girl Y who started with low rebelliousness (under 15) in 1.27 now starts at -100 rebelliousness.  Needless to say, I have found zero reason to use the dungeon anymore.

Random girls seem to be generating extremely favourable Looks stats these days.  Several random girls I made have charisma and beauty randomized from 0-100, yet it is very rare to see someone in the slave market with under 90 looks.  While I know certain traits boost looks, statistically there should be some girls with unlucky rolls once in a while and get < 50 looks.  This used to be the case 1.27, but it never seems to happen in 1.29.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 10:40:00 AM by sgb »

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2009, 10:48:32 AM »
Purely for the record: the weapon level button doesn't scale properly if you set the screen size to 1024x768

I've also noticed the rebelliousness calculation itself is kind of messed up.  In 1.27, Girl X I made used to have a starting rebelliousness in the high 40's.  Now the same stats are producing a starting rebelliousness of around 4.  This is a character who was supposed to difficult to break, but now ends up with negative rebelliousness on her own after working for a few months.  Girl Y who started with low rebelliousness (under 15) in 1.27 now starts at -100 rebelliousness.  Needless to say, I have found zero reason to use the dungeon anymore.

Rebelliousness used to be 0-100, with overflow allowed at both ends. As of 1.29 it changed to use a range of 100 to -100 with overflow capped. So 4 in the current system probably equals about 52 on the old scale.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 10:55:26 AM by DocClox »

Offline Midnight_Amratha

« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2009, 07:05:08 PM »
when you have a girl with the anti preg winged on, and you get to "make love" you will get the "she got pregnant" message, especially if she is already pregnant.
The line between lunacy and genious is very thin.
So far i haven't been able to find it.

Offline delta224

• Dev Team
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2009, 07:45:06 PM »
All noted, some of these I will try to have fixed but if they do not mess up gameplay too much, do not a fix for them soon.  I been working on the fixing refusing to work issue.  Atm, I am fixing the randommess issue for the entire game which will take a while. I am sorry for any trouble this may cause.

Offline Savagefrog

« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2009, 08:00:17 PM »
Anyone having almost constant crashs an freezing when sending girl to dungeon. To me it seem 9 out of 10 times it will freeze up. Besides girls not working can't even send them to the dungeon for discipline.

Offline letmein

« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2009, 08:12:02 PM »
                           Allnoted, some of these I will try to have fixed but if they do not messup gameplay too much, do not a fix for them soon.  I been working onthe fixing refusing to work issue.  Atm, I am fixing the randommessissue for the entire game which will take a while. I am sorry for anytrouble this may cause.

Thank you very much...   random values for a lot of things seem to be a bit iffy.  My personal bugaboo of the moment is that girls do not show up "randomly" at the slave market every game - it's always the same ones, again and again...
Still lurking.

Offline delta224

• Dev Team
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2009, 08:52:16 PM »
I will need more information about the girls to figure out why it was crashing.

Letmein, you will be happy to know that the slave market is more random, at least the custom slave girls are more random in the order of apperance.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 09:41:18 PM by delta224 »

Offline delta224

• Dev Team
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2009, 10:02:27 PM »
This is another fix that I just recently worked on, has not been release yet.  I may release what I have done so far on friday.  It has been more fixing the refusing to work and fixing what bugs that I could replicate from this thread, that interfered with playing the game.  It all depends how I feel about the progress I have made or just wait for a few more bugs.

Offline qinlongfei

« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2009, 12:18:34 AM »
something interesting happened, not too sure if it's a bug.

while a girl (Random MILF from MOD) having lesbo sex, the customer couldn't pay, so she turned it to '[my] men' and got 713 gold. I kept the 713 gold.

haven't read the script so much so not sure if this is supposed to happen.

Offline letmein

« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2009, 02:02:37 AM »
Wait - that randomization isn't yet implemented in the latest hotfix, right?  Because otherwise, I either have really horrid luck, bad short-term memory, or I improperly loaded the fix...
Still lurking.