Author Topic: Alpha: Discussion thread ==>  (Read 107349 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: Alpha: Discussion thread ==>
« Reply #75 on: April 03, 2014, 12:17:05 PM »
^I believe the problem is that you have to use ctrl+alt+delete to exilt from the game over screen, not game over itself  :D

That is NOT true! You just have to wait for 10 secs and you'll be returned to the main menu! That's been around from before the very first @ release.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #76 on: April 03, 2014, 12:44:42 PM »
10 secs is more than enough to try out every button on keyboard and end up with ctrl+alt+delete.
Many games propose to load the last save and/or return to main menu.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 12:47:54 PM by DarkTl »

Offline Marquis

« Reply #77 on: April 03, 2014, 02:52:18 PM »
Yep, I guess I wasn't patient enough and tried a bunch of buttons within the 10 seconds.  :D
Knowing that 10 seconds will bring back the main menu (which allows loading a save) is quit sufficient for Alpha.

Offline Xipomus

« Reply #78 on: April 04, 2014, 05:58:15 PM »
Buy an item that increases constitution, you should get +1 AP.

Thanks for the quick answer man.

Don't have time to test it yet. Will prolly have a lose hour somewhere on the weekend.
Again ... it looks like a very solid beginning. So congratz again and keep up the good work.

Xip

Offline astaroth

« Reply #79 on: April 08, 2014, 11:16:55 AM »

This game looks promising...it's challenging yet interesting.

The first time I played with the unpatched version and the tax bug pissed me off :P Glad that it was fixed.

The second time I download the patch, get a whore and a guard in the smallest house.
Due to the high upkeep cost and increasing wages of the guard, life was fxxking hard for the first few hundred days.
Yes, the guard do stop customer hurting my whore, but the chance to occur is way too low (3-4 times over a few hundred days?)...
IMO it is pointless to hire a guard due to extremely lack of events. 
But I don't want to fire my employee so I keep going.

Meanwhile I tried to earn some money in the arena but it was not successful:
I tried playing the dogfight to earn some money, but you need $300-$600 to fully heal your MC so it is not profitable :/
I didn't figure out survival mode was that lucrative at that time coz I never tried it until the third game.
And my MC is no match to the arena elite...as a result, I only do the dirty jobs in the arena to earn a few hundred per day...lol

I keep struggling until my first girl got the "famous" rank, and I start earning some money to buy the next house, get a few girls etc.
Everything was okay until she advanced to "high-class", which she declined 30+ customers everyday...
In "famous" rank you only decline like 5-10 customers per day, and I would never expect her to decline 30+ customers in the next rank. That is 5-6 times as much!
Since she is my main income source, I have nothing to do but to start it over :'(
IMO I would suggest to lower the penalty or at least mention it in house description page
(e.g. the customers are mainly beggar to middle-class, the high-class prostitute would never accept these guys blah blah blah)
Otherwise this customer penalty may easily ruin a game (and I have spent 10+ hours in this T_T)

So far the third game is okay becoz I played the survival mode, earned enough money and valuable loots to support my girls.
But a bug annoys me...I used a potion to permanently remove the "fragile" trait of my girl, but the girl still keeps hurting herself and costs me tons of healing potions.
Also I found that the girls advance level way too easily. Using stat points for leveling is more challenging IMO, because you have to forgo her high income to train her in latter stage.

Hope that you guys won't find my first post too long to read :P

Offline crazydave

« Reply #80 on: April 08, 2014, 01:15:03 PM »
Is there a debug mode or something?  I tried cheat engine, doesn't seem to work that well with scans.  If I'm going to be testing would be nice not to have to start over from scratch repeatedly.

Offline h3nta1fun

« Reply #81 on: April 08, 2014, 01:50:51 PM »
Is there a debug mode or something?  I tried cheat engine, doesn't seem to work that well with scans.  If I'm going to be testing would be nice not to have to start over from scratch repeatedly.

I second that. Having to start from scratch is always a pain, especially in case we want to test something. At this stage there should be an option for that since it is so early in the development :)

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #82 on: April 08, 2014, 02:13:01 PM »
In the game folder in options.rpy change config.developer from False to True.

Offline h3nta1fun

« Reply #83 on: April 08, 2014, 02:35:52 PM »
Thanks  :D

Offline crazydave

« Reply #84 on: April 09, 2014, 01:23:22 AM »
Just throwing this out there, have not tested it yet.  If pytfall will support .girlx files from whoremaster...

Are there generic arena fighter icons for these girls who don't have a sprite?
How are catacomb monster girls handled like Morrigan Aensland?

Personally I'd like to see the reintroduction of the catacombs for these girls, but for now they could be arena girls instead.
Not sure how that'd work if they came directly over from whoremaster without stat adjustments.

As for the catacombs, how about a tiered 100 floor dungeon?  Something that adds progression to player combat as they progress through the game?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #85 on: April 09, 2014, 02:07:27 AM »
girls from whoremaster are put as slaves into the slavemarket - and slaves cannot fight in the arena. So thats how its solved right now. Also free girls without battle sprite cannot be changed to warriors.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 02:09:11 AM by CherryWood »

Offline Thought Crime

« Reply #86 on: April 10, 2014, 02:15:51 PM »
First off, Hi Xela!! nice to meet you! i've been following pink petal for a while but seldom post. it's great to see someone still working on a project.

not sure if i'm posting in the right place but this is what i've encountered.

Running windows, downloaded torrent. starting from a fresh install i get this error msg:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading the script.
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'Style'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "C:\Torrent\xela simBrot\SimBro PytFall-0.2-win\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 228, in bootstrap
  File "C:\Torrent\xela simBrot\SimBro PytFall-0.2-win\renpy\main.py", line 224, in main
  File "C:\Torrent\xela simBrot\SimBro PytFall-0.2-win\renpy\script.py", line 170, in load_script
  File "C:\Torrent\xela simBrot\SimBro PytFall-0.2-win\renpy\script.py", line 376, in load_appropriate_file
  File "C:\Torrent\xela simBrot\SimBro PytFall-0.2-win\renpy\script.py", line 302, in load_file
  File "C:\Torrent\xela simBrot\SimBro PytFall-0.2-win\renpy\script.py", line 280, in load_file_core

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 6.14.1.366

i've tried installing the library patch and after another try at running game with no success, i then installed the script.rpy. Still the same msg. Maybe this is a problem with the torrent? should i try the megadownload links? or am i missing something else completely?
~*Build a man a fire, and he stays warm for the night. Set a man on fire, and he stays warm for the rest of his life.*~
       -T. Prachett

Offline h3nta1fun

« Reply #87 on: April 10, 2014, 02:26:09 PM »
First off, Hi Xela!! nice to meet you! i've been following pink petal for a while but seldom post. it's great to see someone still working on a project.

not sure if i'm posting in the right place but this is what i've encountered.

Running windows, downloaded torrent. starting from a fresh install i get this error msg:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading the script.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "C:\Torrent\xela simBrot\SimBro PytFall-0.2-win\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 228, in bootstrap
  File "C:\Torrent\xela simBrot\SimBro PytFall-0.2-win\renpy\main.py", line 224, in main
  File "C:\Torrent\xela simBrot\SimBro PytFall-0.2-win\renpy\script.py", line 170, in load_script
  File "C:\Torrent\xela simBrot\SimBro PytFall-0.2-win\renpy\script.py", line 376, in load_appropriate_file
  File "C:\Torrent\xela simBrot\SimBro PytFall-0.2-win\renpy\script.py", line 302, in load_file
  File "C:\Torrent\xela simBrot\SimBro PytFall-0.2-win\renpy\script.py", line 280, in load_file_core

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 6.14.1.366

i've tried installing the library patch and after another try at running game with no success, i then installed the script.rpy. Still the same msg. Maybe this is a problem with the torrent? should i try the megadownload links? or am i missing something else completely?

There is a good chance that the file might be corrupted. I have downloaded the megadownload version and there is no such issue, even without the patch. The file in question should be normally around 16964 Bytes large. If there are any noticable differences thet that could be very much the case. Or another file that it's using might be corrupted. Either way try the megadownload and see if it fixes itself.

Offline Thought Crime

« Reply #88 on: April 10, 2014, 02:33:08 PM »

There is a good chance that the file might be corrupted. I have downloaded the megadownload version and there is no such issue, even without the patch. The file in question should be normally around 16964 Bytes large. If there are any noticable differences thet that could be very much the case. Or another file that it's using might be corrupted. Either way try the megadownload and see if it fixes itself.

thanks for the reply. i will try the mega links later then.
~*Build a man a fire, and he stays warm for the night. Set a man on fire, and he stays warm for the rest of his life.*~
       -T. Prachett

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #89 on: April 10, 2014, 02:39:08 PM »
PytFall-0.2

That's a version from 8 or 9 month ago? I mean where did you get the link for it???
Like what we're doing?