devolution

Author Topic: Skinning Quick Guide  (Read 2029 times)

Offline xorgroth

• Not active, RIP WM
Skinning Quick Guide
« on: December 01, 2010, 03:15:15 PM »
This is just basically a quick-start guide for anyone that wants to skin the program.

Most of the PSDs or GIMP files for editing all of the images is on the svn at the link below.
Files: http://pinkpetal.org:9053/whm_trac/browser/trunk/Photoshop

Have looked through most of the files and have noticed just a few are missing. Which happen to be in the Resources\Images folder. So far most of those I have just edited directly since they are png files.

The main folders that most of the work being done is in the resources folder.
Images...which contains scroll bars, arrows that you see around the equip item button on the items page and backgrounds for brothels.
Buttons...Has all of the buttons and some icons that appear on the map screen....they also show up in the images folder but not all.
Data...Only thing you really might want to check out in here is the config.xml where you can change the item rarity colors and general text color of items.
Interface...Probably the most important folder of them all. InterfaceColors.txt where most of the windows, menus and text colors can be changed.

Config.xml item colors are in HEX. So like a webpage...basically searching up colors on the net to see which ones you want. 000000 for black or 00FF00 which is green.
InterfaceColors.txt all of these are in RGB. So 255 0 0 gives you red, 0 0 255 gives green and so on. Find that online color schemers or premade color schemes work really well for these.

I personally haven't tried to make a widescreen skin. Looks like it is possible by editing the other txt files and xml files in the Interfaces folder. May let you do that with a bit of tweaking. Currently going widescreen the bottom of buttons get cut-off and stretch out a bit.

-Xorg

EDIT: Updated a bit. Since I was half asleep when first written.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 07:29:11 AM by xorgroth »