Author Topic: Off-Topic:  (Read 163526 times)

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
Re: Off-Topic:
« Reply #135 on: November 24, 2009, 02:57:54 PM »
By the way, zodiac, you lost:  necno was able to hijack the OT thread before you, because he managed to post the next changelog in the ONLY THREAD that's supposed to have nothing to do with the game...

It wasn't a successful hijack though...we went back off topic after a short period of ogling.
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline Zeus

« Reply #136 on: November 24, 2009, 02:59:03 PM »
mh, nice Log for the 1.30. did you a release Date in sight? or just like the Duke "It's Done when it's Done?" ^^
(this sounds wired weird... im bad in English Grammar o-O... sorry...)
greeZ Zeus

edith says: I'm a Idiot....
why fear 6 7? 7 8 9! (just say it loud and you understand ... mh... jokes you have to explain are crap... Sorry ^^)

Offline necno

• Core Developer
« Reply #137 on: November 24, 2009, 03:41:01 PM »
Yes its done when its done, but hopefully not as slow as Duke.
Click here to donate
After you do so please pm me the email address you used so I can add you to the donation forum.

Working on:
Whoremaster II (Official)
Birthright (Now a commercial rougelike)

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #138 on: November 24, 2009, 03:44:29 PM »
With a bit of luck we'll get a 1.29.3 out sometime tomorrow. Won't have the cool stuff nec's been adding, but will have the bits delta and I have been working on

Offline letmein

« Reply #139 on: November 24, 2009, 04:02:35 PM »
[looks pointedly at zodiac, says nothing]
Still lurking.

Offline Zeus

« Reply #140 on: November 24, 2009, 04:17:23 PM »
okay, thank you. btw GZ to your 300 Post, "THIS IS SPARTA DocClox"
why fear 6 7? 7 8 9! (just say it loud and you understand ... mh... jokes you have to explain are crap... Sorry ^^)

Offline Fstop

• I <3 Deadpool
« Reply #141 on: November 24, 2009, 05:54:57 PM »
Hey who here plays Kingdom of Loathing or Metroplexity or some other "MMOG"
Deadpool: Shhh. My Common sense is tingling
Common sense so rare it's a god damn super power!

Offline zodiac44

« Reply #142 on: November 24, 2009, 06:03:41 PM »
I played KoL a loooooooooooong time ago, back when dinosaurs roamed the interwebs.  I stopped when I could no longer progress any further with any of my characters because they hadn't yet finished the game.  I very much enjoyed their tongue-in-cheek/punny humor, though.  The Penultimate Fantasy Airship (with its Irritating Series of Random Encounters) will live on forever in my memory.  >;o)

[Edit to avoid double posting]

Bleh.  I can't sleep.  My mind is salivating over the Turkey of Stupendous Awesomeitude I will be roasting on Thursday.  It doesn't help any that I made the brine tonight (last night?  I don't even know what time it is) and now the house smells of garlic, sage, thyme, and rosemary.  Drooling while sleeping is gross enough.  Drooling while trying to fall asleep is both disgusting and damned distracting.  >;o)~....
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 04:37:42 AM by zodiac44 »
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline letmein

« Reply #143 on: November 25, 2009, 12:41:48 PM »
Wow.  Hard-on for the bird, eh?  Honestly, turkey's OK, but there are better foods out there...  for instance, bacon.  Mmmmm...  bacon...
Still lurking.

Offline zodiac44

« Reply #144 on: November 25, 2009, 12:55:03 PM »
Turkey's a once-or-twice a year thing for me.  When I get the craving, I get it bad.  Then I eat way-to-frakking-much, take a turkey coma, and I don't want to see it again for several months.

Bacon is real good too, and I can eat that nearly every day.  It goes good with turkey too.  Turkey tips and bacon alfredo casserole....it's a heart attack and a coma mixed together in a superbly divine culinary concoction.

Offline letmein

« Reply #145 on: November 25, 2009, 01:19:15 PM »
Actually, the 'turkey coma' that people talk about is completely false.  I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but it's not because of the turkonen or whatever it's called - it's just the normal downturn people have from overeating, and their energies going into digestion.

There.  You learned something today.
Still lurking.

Offline Rose

« Reply #146 on: November 25, 2009, 03:48:27 PM »
I used to play KoL and Forumwarz, but the only MMOG that's managed to keep my interest for longer than a few months is BvS.

Oh, and the turkey coma thing is known as "paltkoma" in Sweden (palt is sort of a boiled bun made from ground potato and wheat flour and filled with meat), and as letmein said it's simply caused by overeating. The body brings a lot of its functions to a minimum so it can focus on digesting the massive ammounts of food in the stomach.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 03:50:08 PM by Rose »
The truth is out there, but it's usually pretty boring, so people make up interesting lies instead.

Offline Solo761

• Administrator
« Reply #147 on: November 25, 2009, 04:25:59 PM »
Something more or less on topic with MMOG's and turkeys :)

Offline letmein

« Reply #148 on: November 25, 2009, 05:34:16 PM »
But Solo, you cannot be on-topic whilst in off-topic?  Das ist verboten!
Still lurking.

Offline Fstop

• I <3 Deadpool
« Reply #149 on: November 25, 2009, 09:03:22 PM »
Hey solo Im to lazy to log into WoW do you get anything from the event or just a achivement?
Deadpool: Shhh. My Common sense is tingling
Common sense so rare it's a god damn super power!