devolution

Author Topic: Off-Topic:  (Read 162448 times)

Offline Fstop

• I <3 Deadpool
Re: Off-Topic:
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2009, 08:18:06 PM »
I have no (good) reason to believe you so I chose not to =D
Deadpool: Shhh. My Common sense is tingling
Common sense so rare it's a god damn super power!

Offline letmein

« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2009, 02:00:36 AM »
[shrug]

Whatever.  'Twas a good time, and I heartily recommend anyone who can to go see them.  By far the best (pseudo-)rock concert I've ever been to.

Anyone else want to start hijacking the OT thread?  We could start laying bets on the next major release...    :-\     ...or would that be too evil?
Still lurking.

Offline Fstop

• I <3 Deadpool
« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2009, 04:54:27 PM »
I bet your (letmein) soul that it will be released this friday
Deadpool: Shhh. My Common sense is tingling
Common sense so rare it's a god damn super power!

Offline delta224

• Dev Team
« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2009, 05:03:02 PM »
Major release, as in the one's necro does, I will say in 1 to 2 weeks.

My next release will be tomorrow, though.

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2009, 06:31:18 PM »
I bet the last slice of pizza from my lunch today that the next major release will be the first Friday in December (the 4th I think).
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline letmein

« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2009, 01:51:35 AM »
Yeah, I was right, playing that game *was* too evil.

New topic:  anyone here know of any other flash games like this that are wandering around in hidden corners of the Interwebs?  I think that most of the people that end up here *probably* have some inkling of pooolka's works and their second-generation offspring, but other than those I can't think of anything quality...  there was a half-started game I found long ago called "Master", but it was a little furry and that's not my thing...  I think there was another one, pretty rough, that had to do with a school teacher - NOT Hent High, but something else.

Of course, there are the endless lists of mostly crappy games at Newgrounds and a couple other sites, but they all pretty much blow.  SM, SimBro, and of course this game are to the best of *my* knowledge miles above and beyond the rest.
Still lurking.

Offline zodiac44

« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2009, 02:56:52 AM »
If you're talking strictly free stuff, then I don't know of any more.  There are, of course, games of a similar nature (sex slave training) produced in Japan, but they never (to my knowledge) get officially licensed for English distribution.  There's probably a good reason for that (we tend to shy away from anything even suggestive of slavery here in the US), but the end result is still the same.
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline letmein

« Reply #52 on: November 13, 2009, 01:42:59 AM »
Meh.  I don't know Japanese anyway.

I wasn't focusing strictly on slave type games - I was thinking more of just the XXX flash non-shitty genre.  Most games seem to be those damn videos (which suck), or the choose-from-three-selections type (which suck worse, because now you can fail at watching a shitty animation), or a few dating sims (which, actually, I don't think are all that bad in the main...  they're just kinda rare, often frustrating, and not usually worth replaying).

Of course, there are other media besides Flash.  There are a couple browser type games (which follow in the path of shitty Flash choose-your-failure modes), but there is a pretty solid bunch of AIF (Adult Interactive Fiction) games.  Of course, the vast majority of these are text-only; not a huge issue.  Worse than that, these are mostly prone to the same failures of normal interactive fiction, which is that they can be incredibly annoying to play.  There's also a huge gulf between the best and the worst.

But, anyway, before I got sidetracked:  that sucks.  I was hoping that someone else here had done a better job of Googling than I did.
Still lurking.

Offline zodiac44

« Reply #53 on: November 13, 2009, 02:36:31 AM »
In my experience, there aren't all that many good flash games out there.  Some are short-term fun, but few have any staying power, replayability, or compelling story/plot lines.

If you are looking for good story games, there are some of the Hentai games that got translated into English that have rip-your-heart-out-and-stomp-on-it stories I can recommend for you.

Kana Little Sister
Heart de Roommate
Figures of Happiness (I *think* this is the one I mean, it's the only title I borrowed from someone else, so I don't have it hear to confirm)

Ever 17: Out of Infinity (not hentai or even ecchi, but a fantastic game nonetheless)

Offline letmein

« Reply #54 on: November 13, 2009, 03:51:36 PM »
Hmm...  might have to look those up, someday.

@admin:  who broke the Internet, earlier?  Or was that just a fluke for me, specifically?
Still lurking.

Offline delta224

• Dev Team
« Reply #55 on: November 13, 2009, 05:05:11 PM »
It's been broken for me too.

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: November 13, 2009, 05:06:16 PM »
Having some problems with the server. Not entirely sure of the cause at the moment. Hopefully we'll stay back up now after this reboot.

Offline zodiac44

« Reply #57 on: November 13, 2009, 05:10:48 PM »
I broked the interwebs.  It's all part of my diabolical scheme to take over the world.  First, the WM forums, next the world!

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #58 on: November 13, 2009, 06:47:26 PM »
Bad Zodiac! Bad! Bad! No biscuit for YOU tonight!

Offline zodiac44

« Reply #59 on: November 14, 2009, 12:21:46 AM »
Awww  <;o(

No biscuit for me?  *tear*