Author Topic: Off-Topic:  (Read 163368 times)

Offline letmein

Re: Off-Topic:
« Reply #60 on: November 14, 2009, 07:29:27 PM »
Well, everything seems to working now, knock on wood.  And zodiac, if Doc won't give you a biscuit, I'll give you some bacon instead.
Still lurking.

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
« Reply #61 on: November 14, 2009, 07:47:16 PM »
mmmmmmmmmmmmm...bacon!
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #62 on: November 15, 2009, 12:33:18 AM »
See, this is why things break. How are we ever going to train him not to go breaking internets, if you keep feeding him bacon all the time?

Offline zodiac44

« Reply #63 on: November 15, 2009, 12:41:45 AM »
/run 5YearOldMentality.exe

DocCwoks, yous a meanie!  Just a'cause I bweaked the intwanets doesn't mean I can't have bisskits!  Poopoo head!  Ppppbbbbbbbbbbbtttttt!

/break

Ok, needed to get that out of my system.  My inner 5 year old has been pestering me for days.
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline letmein

« Reply #64 on: November 15, 2009, 01:09:17 AM »
I don't care.  I just want the excuse to make bacon, even if I end up sharing a little of it.
Still lurking.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #65 on: November 15, 2009, 05:37:38 AM »
speaking of which, almost time for breakfast...

Offline letmein

« Reply #66 on: November 16, 2009, 11:25:57 PM »
Hmmm...  the forum's been awful quiet lately... someone do something exciting.
Still lurking.

Offline zodiac44

« Reply #67 on: November 16, 2009, 11:48:03 PM »
I had my first job interview this month today.  That was kinda exciting.

It was for a job I would hate doing, but on the plus side, I don't think they're going to offer it to me.

Offline ker

« Reply #68 on: November 17, 2009, 12:18:58 AM »
Meh.  I don't know Japanese anyway.

I wasn't focusing strictly on slave type games - I was thinking more of just the XXX flash non-shitty genre.  Most games seem to be those damn videos (which suck), or the choose-from-three-selections type (which suck worse, because now you can fail at watching a shitty animation), or a few dating sims (which, actually, I don't think are all that bad in the main...  they're just kinda rare, often frustrating, and not usually worth replaying).

Of course, there are other media besides Flash.  There are a couple browser type games (which follow in the path of shitty Flash choose-your-failure modes), but there is a pretty solid bunch of AIF (Adult Interactive Fiction) games.  Of course, the vast majority of these are text-only; not a huge issue.  Worse than that, these are mostly prone to the same failures of normal interactive fiction, which is that they can be incredibly annoying to play.  There's also a huge gulf between the best and the worst.

But, anyway, before I got sidetracked:  that sucks.  I was hoping that someone else here had done a better job of Googling than I did.

Sengoku Rance is amazingly awesome for a hentai game.  And there's a full english patch.  Essentially an world domination game, but with much sex along the way.  Tactical fights, army management, and very well done artwork.

It's not really possible to buy it anymore, but there's a bunch of websites where you can download it.

Probably would play it as a game of its own rights.  Tears to Tiara is also supposed to be very good, but couldn't ever get into it.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 12:20:40 AM by ker »

Offline letmein

« Reply #69 on: November 17, 2009, 01:10:01 AM »
I've played Tears.  It was... odd.  I'm not a huge fan of turn-based tactical RPG's as a genre to begin with, but Tears didn't have an especially great story (IMHO) to make up for it.  They seemingly tried to make up for that by tossing in the XXX scenes, which had virtually nothing to do with anything, and overall probably just detracted from the game.  Perhaps, if you're a fan of that sort of game, you would like it more.  I give it a low C in my rankings. 

The artwork was pretty, though.
Still lurking.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #70 on: November 17, 2009, 08:06:28 AM »
I didn't know there was an english patch for Sengoku Rance. I can see I'm going to have to revisit that one

Currently got Sudzukuri Dragon playing away in the background. Fantastic game: Manage your nest, terrorise the nearby towns, repel invading adventurers and have you wicked way with the captives. Lovely stuff.

Offline hewhoispale

« Reply #71 on: November 17, 2009, 08:24:36 AM »
I also recommend Sengoku Rance.
Yandere Translations made a patch: http://yandere.gray7.com/?page_id=90
It's good fun, the game is actually a game, there's some challenge even on 'normal' difficultly. There's new game+ (with multiple paths). And the writing is rather fun, they managed to make the main character both an ass and amusing. He's conquering all of pseudo-Japan for the express purpose of having sex with all the princesses.

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #72 on: November 17, 2009, 09:34:02 AM »
Currently got Sudzukuri Dragon playing away in the background. Fantastic game: Manage your nest, terrorise the nearby towns, repel invading adventurers and have you wicked way with the captives. Lovely stuff.
Hmm, sounds cool, I'll have to check it out. Downloading it now.

Offline delta224

• Dev Team
« Reply #73 on: November 17, 2009, 10:52:23 AM »
I will look into those games once I clean my hard drive up.  I have plenty of space, it is just that I have way too much other crap on it.  Also I pray I am not coming down with something, since I really do not feel well today.

Offline letmein

« Reply #74 on: November 17, 2009, 08:35:53 PM »
:o   -  are you guys suggesting I illegally download a game?  That's WRONG.  Only music can be downloaded without any remorse, everyone knows that...
Still lurking.