devolution

Author Topic: Off-Topic:  (Read 163941 times)

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
Re: Off-Topic:
« Reply #180 on: November 28, 2009, 06:58:47 PM »
It's just an embuggerance, it's not the end of the world. Or, you know, so I'm told...

Seriously, you have to admire the man's attitude.

Offline Fstop

• I <3 Deadpool
« Reply #181 on: November 28, 2009, 07:20:26 PM »
Yes it totally his fault for getting the Alzheimer's =D
Deadpool: Shhh. My Common sense is tingling
Common sense so rare it's a god damn super power!

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
« Reply #182 on: November 28, 2009, 07:47:36 PM »
I'd propose a toast, but we need some drinks first.

Garkon!  Trays beers pour-favor, grassy-ass, silver plate!
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #183 on: November 28, 2009, 07:56:35 PM »
Thank you, Gytha.

Offline zodiac44

« Reply #184 on: November 28, 2009, 08:56:04 PM »
*gets up on the table and starts dancing and singing The Wizard's Staff Has a Knob on the End*
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline Zeus

« Reply #185 on: November 29, 2009, 03:05:24 AM »
at moment i'm reading Making Money, its a nice book ^^ i'm afraid of Going Postal the Movie. it was made this year. i Hope it get soon out here in Germany!

mh... someone allready read the new Book Unseen Academicals?

btw, what is your Favorit Character in the single Storys? I think Vetinari is one of the best. 
a cool quote from Going Postal Book: "Tyrann, i can" (i don't know if this is correct. i just know the german version ^^'')
why fear 6 7? 7 8 9! (just say it loud and you understand ... mh... jokes you have to explain are crap... Sorry ^^)

Offline Fstop

• I <3 Deadpool
« Reply #186 on: November 29, 2009, 06:10:44 AM »
I is now playing Dragon Age: Origins on my computer its the BOMB

Offline zodiac44

« Reply #187 on: November 29, 2009, 10:08:13 AM »
o.O  new Discworld book?  and me without any money to buy it with!  Grrrrrrrrr.....

As far as favorite characters go, I don't think I have any.  Pratchet does such a wonderful job building their personalities that I like them all.

Offline Zeus

« Reply #188 on: November 29, 2009, 10:58:48 AM »
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Unseen-Academicals-Terry-Pratchett/dp/0385609345/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1259510192&sr=8-1

this new one ^^ i hope this is soon translated in German... I'm a bad one in english, looking yesterday Watchmen in English with my Ex-Girlfriend... the movie is double lenght if you don't know what they talking about... (if i make to bad mistakes in the Gramma please tell ^^'')
why fear 6 7? 7 8 9! (just say it loud and you understand ... mh... jokes you have to explain are crap... Sorry ^^)

Offline zodiac44

« Reply #189 on: November 29, 2009, 11:14:25 AM »
Your English is better than some of the native speakers I have had the misfortune to encounter  >;o)

Now I have to go to a bookstore and salivate over Unseen Academicals...

Offline Zeus

« Reply #190 on: November 29, 2009, 11:22:56 AM »
thanks, um, i try my best and try to learn in Forums like these to get better... but yesterday i realized English reading is much easier than English hearing! ^-^ may be for the dialects.... its like in German, reading is easy, but the different speaking between some guy from Berlin and some from Munich is hard...
(mh... English grammar correcter by Opera, yeah ^^ much easier!)
q.q i want too! i got in my room 18 of the Discworld Books.. or 22 if you say "Rincewind" is 4 books. just 15 leave and i got all! 

Offline Fstop

• I <3 Deadpool
« Reply #191 on: November 29, 2009, 12:22:28 PM »
What Book do you guys recommend from a person who only voluntarily read 1 series as of now?

Offline Midnight_Amratha

« Reply #192 on: November 29, 2009, 12:32:21 PM »
*notes that Zodiac has joined the salivation army*
The line between lunacy and genious is very thin.
So far i haven't been able to find it.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #193 on: November 29, 2009, 12:49:06 PM »
What Book do you guys recommend from a person who only voluntarily read 1 series as of now?

Which one from the Diskworld series? Guards, Guards or Mort, probably. Mort was the first one where he really hit his stride in the series. Although if you're a fantasy geek and like playing spot-the-reference, the Colour of Magic and the Light Fantastic have a lot going for them. Weird Sisters is a good place to jump in as well.

Offline Zeus

« Reply #194 on: November 29, 2009, 01:30:50 PM »
i started with Guards Guards, Carrot is the best ^^ i read the hole Guard Series in ... Two weeks or something like this.