Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3815793 times)

Offline DarkTl

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #8265 on: August 27, 2016, 05:58:39 AM »
Err, you mean for the last 2 girls or for the last 2 pictures of the last girl?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #8266 on: August 27, 2016, 07:00:39 AM »
Xela, I almost finished with converting animations. I'll need a field for adding groups of skills to weapons soon.

Offline lamoli

« Reply #8267 on: August 27, 2016, 07:26:02 AM »
Err, you mean for the last 2 girls or for the last 2 pictures of the last girl?

if you didnt notice a big change in good or bad thats fine i guess.. ( its because i had to use reference pictures front/left side )

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #8268 on: August 27, 2016, 07:32:22 AM »
Yeap, they don't look very different to me.

Offline lamoli

« Reply #8269 on: August 27, 2016, 07:42:46 AM »
Good meaning i should be able to make girls from pictures only now..

Offline lamoli

« Reply #8270 on: August 27, 2016, 02:59:59 PM »
Im worknig on hair atm but now unsure about the ligt and shadow..

I mean too much kills the anime look alike in general

« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 03:04:39 PM by lamoli »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #8271 on: August 27, 2016, 04:08:10 PM »
Yeah, you right. More realistic light at the second picture makes her less anime-ish.

I don't think it's a big deal for big pictures, unless you want even more shadows. But for portraits, where you see face close enough, it would be wise to use less shadows to keep resemblance with the source.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #8272 on: August 27, 2016, 08:54:29 PM »
@Dark:

You need to add this to the main gfx effects of attacks that got to be horizontally flipped if they're coming from other side. Most of the newer attacks you've added are messed up because of this.
Code: [Select]
"hflip": True
I know what to do about the new damage calcs now, gonna try it out tomorrow.

Like what we're doing?

Offline krakr

« Reply #8273 on: August 28, 2016, 03:57:55 AM »
Hi guys. I'm so sorry I've been gone so long. Tons of RL shit followed by just forgetting about my comittment to the project. I'm currently in some RL shit & in no mood to write, but I will deliver.
That is if you're still interested in my texts. IDK, I been gone a long time & this is page 500+ of the thread lol so I assume a shitload got done in my absence.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #8274 on: August 28, 2016, 07:04:45 AM »
I know what to do about the new damage calcs now, gonna try it out tomorrow.
You mentioned that we could support all the usual elemental stuff like resistances for physical attacks too. It will help greatly to make mobs more interesting, in some games some creatures (usually undead ones) are immune or highly resistant to normal weapons no matter how powerful the attacker is.

Hi guys. I'm so sorry I've been gone so long. Tons of RL shit followed by just forgetting about my comittment to the project. I'm currently in some RL shit & in no mood to write, but I will deliver.
That is if you're still interested in my texts.
Welcome back  :)
We are always interested in writes, contrary to common belief writing is not easy at all.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #8275 on: August 28, 2016, 07:10:50 AM »
I forgot who came up with desc for elements but we need to change that... they're weird.
Rewrite of the rewrite, hopefully this time will be ok or closer to the description that is desired.

FIRE:
The wildest of the elements. Mercilessly and irreversibly destroying everything on its path. Leaving behind only scorched earth and ash. In hands of an amateur, is more dangerous to him then to his enemy. Fire Element regardless to its power, is weak against Water but have the advantage versus Air.

WATER: The most mysterious among the elements. Hiding it twisted and destructive nature under the calm surface.  Capable of both, in swiftly or prolonging the violence when taking lives. Leaving behind only rumble and bodies as proof of it fatal capabilities. Dominating Fire with ease, the Water Element is relatively weak against Earth.

AIR: The most agile of the elements. Utilizing its transparency and omnipresent to maximum. Besides that, the wielder that align with the Air Element gets the possibility to use lightning base spells. Being able to strike swiftly and almost undetected, in capable hands this element doesn’t give the opponent much time to react. The Air Element excels against Earth but struggles greatly when dealing with Fire.

EARTH: The slowest and sturdiest among the elements. Known for sacrificing speed in exchange for enchanting its destructive power. Unlike other elements that leaves evidence of their devastating acts, Earth is capable of literally burying the truth. The Earth Element have the upper hand against Water, but have a hard time against the swift Air.

LIGHT: One of the two elements born from men desires, thoughts and deeds. The Light nest itself inside everyone souls. Gaining its force from good acts and pure thoughts. Unfortunately the Light Element is sentenced  for eternal struggle against its rival and counterpart the Darkness. Being evenly matched, the outcome of this internal fight between them depends solely on ones choices.

DARKNESS: One of the two elements born from men desires, thoughts and deeds. Fuelling itself from anger, impure thoughts and evil acts. Dwelling deep in everyone’s soul, patiently expanding, slowly consuming ones soul. But its growth is successfully controlled by its greatest enemy and counterpart the Light Element. Being evenly matched, the outcome of this internal fight between them depends solely on ones choices.

NEUTRAL: Being Neutral is the most popular option among warriors that depends solely on power of their bodies. Not aligning with any element gives the benefit of not worrying of running out of magic or being countered by the opposing element. On other hand, being Neutral is the worst possible option for people basing their fighting style only on magic.
I'll fix descriptions a bit and add them to the game tonight + maybe fix a couple of minor issues and get rid of old and unused styles...

Edit: Small SF Update:

- Added descriptions by Klaus
- Got rid of some styles/screens
One could say you added them personally.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8276 on: August 28, 2016, 08:00:23 AM »
One could say you added them personally.

I guess that I've changed them a bit but not all and not enough... some of them sound sound a bit weird :(

You mentioned that we could support all the usual elemental stuff like resistances for physical attacks too. It will help greatly to make mobs more interesting, in some games some creatures (usually undead ones) are immune or highly resistant to normal weapons no matter how powerful the attacker is.

Yeap, it'll work somewhat differently but it will work.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8277 on: August 28, 2016, 08:22:55 AM »
@Dark:

You need to add this to the main gfx effects of attacks that got to be horizontally flipped if they're coming from other side. Most of the newer attacks you've added are messed up because of this.
Code: [Select]
"hflip": True

Just crossed my mind that this might not be enough due to different offsets. We have a correct class for this, I'll take a look which it is later.
Like what we're doing?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #8278 on: August 28, 2016, 08:23:31 AM »
Hmmm..

Got better hat form.. now you can see that the parts are stitched inside together as for the texture pattern its like the original ( but generayed it myself ) i just didnt positioned the same..

Now i should do the other parts of clothing.. the black and purple material what could those be ? ( plastic / rubber / textile ).. same for the like neck tie ( cotton / silk / velvet ).. ?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #8279 on: August 28, 2016, 08:52:58 AM »
The dark pieces of clothing look like leather or something similar, they reflect light pretty noticeable here. Neck tie is probably too small to notice material difference, no?