Author Topic: Game Freezing on "Next Week"  (Read 5633 times)

Offline Hiemerdinger

Game Freezing on "Next Week"
« on: September 01, 2014, 02:07:42 AM »
I'm having an issue when clicking "Next Week" but it doesn't happen all the time. Here's what I copied.

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH
  Application Name:   Whore Master.exe
  Application Version:   0.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp:   5403b53c
  Fault Module Name:   Whore Master.exe
  Fault Module Version:   0.0.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:   5403b53c
  Exception Code:   c0000005
  Exception Offset:   000f8ba9
  OS Version:   6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
  Locale ID:   1033
  Additional Information 1:   0a9e
  Additional Information 2:   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3:   0a9e
  Additional Information 4:   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

I'm using Crazy and PP's version 06.00.00.1 if that helps. I am using a modified config file I edited in the WM Editor. I made my own items before, but some of them didn't work and I haven't cleaned them up, but I doubt that causes the problem because before I changed to this version the items didn't show up anyway. Still an awesome version though. If it helps, when I re-load the game, sometimes the game won't crash and will continue like normal until I hit "Next Week" again, so something probably isn't registering I guess? I can provide additional information if I need to, let me know what I gotta do to fix this issue. Thanks!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 02:19:13 AM by Hiemerdinger »

Offline Brozita

Re: Game Freezing on "Next Week"
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 02:35:28 AM »
You can download the newest update here - http://www.pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=3446.0

By now I believe the next week crash has been fixed. I might recommend downloading the .05t.03 (A bit down the page) as playing the 0.06 version requires you to update your girls, and start a new game.

Offline Hiemerdinger

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 02:51:10 AM »
Thanks! I didn't install anything except the big version through a torrent that was like 18GB. I deleted the old items and items that ended in .BAK.
I made sure to set most of the player setting back to default and so far it hasn't crashed yet. I'll bookmark your link though, thanks!!

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 12:24:38 PM »
I'm having an issue when clicking "Next Week" but it doesn't happen all the time. Here's what I copied.
I'm using Crazy and PP's version 06.00.00.1 if that helps. I am using a modified config file I edited in the WM Editor. I made my own items before, but some of them didn't work and I haven't cleaned them up, but I doubt that causes the problem because before I changed to this version the items didn't show up anyway. Still an awesome version though. If it helps, when I re-load the game, sometimes the game won't crash and will continue like normal until I hit "Next Week" again, so something probably isn't registering I guess? I can provide additional information if I need to, let me know what I gotta do to fix this issue. Thanks!
The windows crash report is never of any use.
Neither is the gamelog without the save game file.

If you did not copy every file over from the new to the old, I expect the cause of your crash will be in the interface folder.
Several files have been changed and if they are not updated on your end the game will crash.
Use the J_1024x768 interface from the newest version.
If you made your own interface, compare yours to that and update yours accordingly.

The best way for me to find out what went wrong is to get these files: your save game file, your gamelog.txt, and your config.xml.
Zip them into one file and attach it to your post.
Include the items you made and I will see if I can find the problem in them.
I may even add them to the game.

By now I believe the next week crash has been fixed. I might recommend downloading the .05t.03 (A bit down the page) as playing the 0.06 version requires you to update your girls, and start a new game.
You don't need to update all the ".girlsx" and ".rgirlsx" files, they will still work, they will just have the new skills at 0.
The legacy ".girls" and ".rgirls" files are no longer supported in .06 so they would have to be updated using WME.

Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug