Author Topic: <-- Archived --> == PyTFall Alpha release ==>  (Read 281729 times)

Offline Winterz

Re: == PyTFall Alpha release ==>
« Reply #180 on: October 17, 2016, 02:27:06 AM »
Hey Guys (and Gals?) ...

Searched the boards and used my modest Notepad++ skills to find an answer, but couldn't.

What's the formula for upkeep and wages of girls?

Thanks!

W

(also. If you need spell/grammar checking or character script writing, I'd gladly help)

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #181 on: October 18, 2016, 11:18:46 AM »
What's the formula for upkeep and wages of girls?
Do you mean the alpha version? Its code it too different from the current dev version, and it was released about 2 years ago, so I don't remember much  :D
Upkeep was based on traits and free/slave status, wages were based on stats values, I think.

If you need spell/grammar checking or character script writing, I'd gladly help
Notepad++ mostly covers grammar checking due to its autochecking feature  :)
Of course there could be unnatural sentences here and there which it cannot detect, but it can wait.

I wrote in another thread about helping with scripts.

Offline Sarabada

« Reply #182 on: October 20, 2016, 02:52:33 AM »
For the alpha, the upkeep and wages are defined in classes - characters.rpy under the functions expects_wage(), get_upkeep() and get_whore_price().

@Dark
I still can't really beat even the "Elf Eaters" chain fight in the arena, but I'll try again soon.. I managed to find a Demonic Bow and some Mithril armor from searching around with 3 luck rings equipped, which gave me a decent amount of extra max stats, but honestly, I doubt even with that I can clear it, or not without taking a huge amount of health damage. It also seems kind of silly that Xeona's training doesn't seem to boost your max stats, since boosting the 'regular' stat is worthless now with the gear I have.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #183 on: October 20, 2016, 10:44:02 AM »
If I'm not mistaken, in alpha enemies stats are exponentially growing, so it's quite a challenge.

In the dev version they have classes and levels just like normal characters.

Offline nnoop

« Reply #184 on: January 09, 2017, 09:07:38 AM »
it seems that you are all still working at the project thats wonderfull thank all of you for your effort.
i really would like to know if there is a new version of the game or is it still at 0.45 as the downloadlink mentions?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #185 on: January 09, 2017, 09:30:34 AM »
Yeap, old Alpha is still the last version we released. There is a lot of new stuff in the game but it's not yet at a point where we can release it...
Like what we're doing?

Offline Fanboy06

« Reply #186 on: February 04, 2017, 07:11:03 AM »
Yeap, old Alpha is still the last version we released. There is a lot of new stuff in the game but it's not yet at a point where we can release it...

The alpha was great, but when are u planning to release the new version? (So i know when to come back and check this forum)

Offline Corsad

« Reply #187 on: February 04, 2017, 12:08:26 PM »
The Beta should be released soon. They have done most features and now just doing some bug fixing.

Offline stalkingshadows

« Reply #188 on: April 21, 2017, 05:00:27 PM »
Hey guys,
Great job on the game so far.  Just wondering if you all are still working on the beta and if you have an approx release date for it. Thanks.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #189 on: April 22, 2017, 12:36:00 AM »
We are and there is still quite a bit to be wrapped up before we can release so it's difficult to say about the date.
Like what we're doing?

Offline nnoop

« Reply #190 on: January 31, 2018, 06:05:06 AM »
i know i ask every year but is there finaly a date for release?

nearly 4 years since you started it did it get a grafic update or is it more reality than virtuality already? :p

or is the project now abondened?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #191 on: February 03, 2018, 03:20:51 AM »
We're working on it but can't set a release date yet.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #192 on: February 11, 2018, 12:48:32 PM »
I did everything I could for PF at this stage. The rest is up to Xela, as he coded the complex logical core personally. Whether PF will be completed or not does not depend on me, and is unknown to me.

Meanwhile I've focused on GiBC, and together with The Worst we are planning to release other games with original art after it. I'll gladly resume my work on PF too if the game will be ready for it one day.

Offline grishnak

« Reply #193 on: February 18, 2018, 09:41:56 AM »
This sounds not good. I looked at the version on github and while it is not fully playable, it is a lot of progress from the alpha version.
Are you planning to release another working version before the beta release (if only for feedback and bug reports)? It would be a shame, if the game stopped in an unplayable state.
Also, is there any help people can give without having discord?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #194 on: February 20, 2018, 10:02:12 AM »
We're planning to wrap up all systems and start with testing, yes. I've been hacking/testing a bunch of systems lately.
Like what we're doing?