devolution

Author Topic: Megapack REDUX EDITION  (Read 111637 times)

Offline Mehzerz

• Rockin' the after life after party
Re: Megapack REDUX EDITION
« Reply #120 on: June 21, 2010, 09:18:20 PM »
I keep hearing Morrowind is better than oblivion. How much better would you say?

I personally like Oblivion better, it's more user friendly. You don't get lost or forget where to go as easily. My biggest complaint with morrowind was I always forgot where to go. You also had to run everywhere except major towns. Talk about a hassle.
Starter girls image additions progress:
26 girls, 18 to go

Offline Lorde

• Accepting requests for girl expansion packs.
« Reply #121 on: June 21, 2010, 09:24:24 PM »
Well "getting lost" was what I considered fun in Oblivion (and conversely, fallout 3) so I guess I'd enjoy Morrowind. :D
Current Girl Work Schedule            
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)
* Stab at The series He is my Master
* Run Elsie Jewelria and Yuuki Rito (To Love Ru)
* Yukari Takeba (Persona 3)
* Work on the Code Geass girls

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #122 on: June 22, 2010, 04:00:04 AM »
I think you'll lke Morrowind. Better storyand a more immersive world. The travel time takes a bit of getting used to, so the game feels slower paced that Oblivion, but you get used to that soon enough.

Just look up the Morrowind Graphics Extender, and the better bodies upgrade when you start.

That said, I much prefer the Oblivion mods.

exodia91

« Reply #123 on: June 22, 2010, 01:12:28 PM »
My computer can't play oblivion at a decent FPS except in dark small areas with the graphics and view distances turned all the way down. Plus I really disliked oblivion's main quest. Morrowind has a hump you have to get over with the traveling and difficulty though. The first few levels orcs with axes or full orcish armor will end you unless you're lucky or very smart about fighting them. Early axes are pretty stupidly powerful aside from chitin, those are crap. But once you get some decent HP and armor and you stop missing 70% of the time the difficulty becomes fair. I suggest modding it to hell though. You have to be able to search for places, and always ask NPC's about someplace, they'll usually give you directions. but just be careful, if they say northeast of a landmark, it can be 10 feet east of it and you spend 2 hours searching the entire northeastern part of the island.

Offline Lorde

« Reply #124 on: June 22, 2010, 06:36:26 PM »
Mine can't either (360 to the rescue). But probably could play Morrowind. K thanks guys, Guess I'll DL it from steam or something :D
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)

exodia91

« Reply #125 on: July 05, 2010, 06:10:59 PM »
I apologize to anyone who's girls I never got around to making, upload the last couple I finished, then I'm done and deleting this account, goodbye.

Offline killjoy57us

« Reply #126 on: July 05, 2010, 09:14:50 PM »
Now, hey, hold on. Come on man. Really? One spat with one developer and you just up and leave? This post has 17000 views and climbing.

Offline Mehzerz

• Rockin' the after life after party
« Reply #127 on: July 06, 2010, 02:30:38 AM »
Now, hey, hold on. Come on man. Really? One spat with one developer and you just up and leave? This post has 17000 views and climbing.
Yeah, it's a real shame. He's one of the reasons we have so many girl options to begin with, I believe he's also one of the first to actually mod some girls for the game. 
Starter girls image additions progress:
26 girls, 18 to go

Offline d31r3x

• Town Wards Martyr.
« Reply #128 on: July 06, 2010, 07:52:25 AM »
 ???

what happened?

Offline killjoy57us

« Reply #129 on: July 06, 2010, 05:07:59 PM »
To be sure, I'm not going to form any kind of opinion on this, nor am I going to speak of the events that took place. Let it be enough to say that personalities have clashed and Exodia91 felt strongly enough to take his leave of these forums.

Offline ShiningRadiance

• I command thee!
« Reply #130 on: July 10, 2010, 03:33:31 AM »
Listen to every opinion, even if they can't express them like a calm individual. Truth is never found when listening only to one person all the time, because no one person can fully grasp the truth. Each person holds a bit of truth within them, covered by false truths. Dig out that truth, and allow it to light your path.

Quitting because of a disagreement with a person who refuses to see the truth is childish. You should both be ashamed, and you should type like ordinary individuals, not giving the main character a personality that was previously not there, especially if the personality is very specific.

Childish and shameful on adult forums. Splendid.

Someone hand me my umbrella. I need to go out for a walk.
Please treat me well even though I don't deserve it.

Offline d31r3x

• Town Wards Martyr.
« Reply #131 on: July 10, 2010, 07:22:23 AM »
(...Ehm...) Everyone has the right to have a bad day, haven't we?

It's just that shit happens when two simultaneous bad days clash.

Offline Lorde

« Reply #132 on: July 10, 2010, 09:36:26 AM »

Bringing back bad blood days after the fact. Even better.
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #133 on: July 10, 2010, 10:13:25 AM »
Listen to every opinion, even if they can't express them like a calm individual. Truth is never found when listening only to one person all the time, because no one person can fully grasp the truth. Each person holds a bit of truth within them, covered by false truths. Dig out that truth, and allow it to light your path.

I do listen to everyone's opinion. I'm just not obligated to do as everyone wants. And if someone swears at me in public, then I may well give that person's opinion less weight than it might otherwise deserve.

I don't think any of that is particularly childish. I don't think any of that is unreasonable.

Quitting because of a disagreement with a person who refuses to see the truth is childish. You should both be ashamed, and you should type like ordinary individuals, not giving the main character a personality that was previously not there, especially if the personality is very specific.

Which is a valid viewpoint. But it's not the only viewpoint, so whose do I follow?

Is one person's objection to a plan always reason enough to discard the plan? If so then I can do nothing at all, since there's always someone to argue against any given proposal. At that point, there's nothing left to do but withdraw from development entirely so as not to upset anyone. Alternatively. I can try and move the game forward as I think best.

I tried the withdraw entirely option and it turned out that I still got mocked and abused for it. So now I'm trying the second option, and moving the game forward.

It's not as though I'm determined to make the game into something you don't like. I want to have options that appeal to all play styles. I also want to get all the dialog into text files so that if you don't like my take on the PC you can substitute your own and distribute it as a mod. 

But, for some reason there's a segment of this board that has it fixed in their mind that I'm some mad, cruel monster hell-bent on destroying all that they love about the game.

I don't think that's a fair characterisation. And I don't think it accords with the changes I've made to the game thus far.

Someone hand me my umbrella. I need to go out for a walk.

Enjoy your stroll.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 10:18:08 AM by DocClox »

Offline killjoy57us

« Reply #134 on: July 10, 2010, 04:39:05 PM »
If this is the way this is going, then I AM going to reveal my opinion of what happened.

Exodia developed a Christ complex, and started "speaking for the silent masses." Frankly, anyone on the net who thinks they speak for the silent masses is blantantly deluded. When people have opinions they either state them, or they don't. If they don't perhaps they thought it was a matter of poor taste, or they were just trying to be civil.

I thought it a matter of poor taste to point out that Exodia's ego had exploded, and that all Doc did was to be level-headed and reasoned in telling Exodia that he had had enough.

And, ShiningRadiance, if any of that was directed at me, you should understand that my post was meant to END THIS, in the name of civility and fairness. And my personality remains intact, as it was, is, and shall be, until it is no more. Don't level platonics at me; I'm nihilist.